Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

Anyone know what times calls go out. I am on edge everytime my phone goes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

No idea, can imagine they’d be more the tail end of the week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Anyone get a call yet? Or has it been all quiet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 cba321

the small cohort is a group of 8 deferrals, I’d say they are using up any money they had left and won’t be putting any through until they have their new budget, I’d say it will still be a bit of a wait ahead unfortunately.

I emailed recruitment and they told me the april intake is less than 20 and another person i know is in GV and they said the intake is atleast 11 lol. For obvious reasons they cant tell us the exact numbers, the new budgets get released in march sometime cant remember the exact date hopefully the board meeting on thursday tells us more

They will never tell you exactly anything, trying to get any info from them is like trying to get blood from a stone. They won’t tell you anything so there is no rumours.. I’m not getting my hopes up it will come when it comes, how many times have we got our hopes up and thought we would be in by now…

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

I got the call at the end of last week. I can say that I hadn’t got an offer previously so it wasn’t a deferral. I’d be surprised if the intake exceeds 10/15 people. Glad that I now can get in after such a long wait. Really do feel for anyone still waiting but stick in there, the call will come eventually.

Anyone know how long you can defer by roughly? Like can you only defer a couple of intakes?

• Advertisement

Congratulations on the call! Do you mind me asking roughly what merit number you were in?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

700-750 but I know my ML position was passed and I missed out due to longer vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Hi, I’m in the 2021 campaign and I was wondering if anyone here who’s gone through the medical etc would know if you can defer the medical due to a specific issue until it’s resolved. Normally I should have had little issue passing the medical however I’ve picked up an injury that may stop me from passing the physical or medical for about 6+ months and I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light on that as I would hate to withdraw when it looks like there could finally be some movement again, thanks

I wouldn't be 100% sure but I can't see it being enough to exclude you completely. They might just push the fitness/medical back a few months until you recover and then let you attend it with other people further down the merit list. As long as it's not something that they think will cause you difficulties with further down the line they should be easy going I'd think. Nothing moving at the moment anyway so wait it out and hopefully it all works out.

I was listening to the Policing Board Meeting today and the CC Simon Byrne mentioned there will be an "accelerated intake" of student officers in the first 3 months of the financial year. That was about the only information he gave regarding recruitment. It'll be interesting to see how many people are going to make the cut for each of these rumored intakes.

I think it must be the case. Just got the call there today for April. Shocked to say the least. Hopefully it speeds up for everyone very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nsic93

Ive just had the call also.

I just got the call for april aswell. Worked a night shift last night came home and into bed next, i waken up an hour later to the call, only thing is i am too buzzing to get back to sleep 😅

Hahaha fantastic guys!! Did they spill any info about intake numbers? No calls for me but I'm interested to know have they changed their original plans for April? 🤔 Are we looking at a bigger intake than we thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭forumnewbie21

Congratulations everyone! ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 H4AN

Congrats all on getting the call :)

Seen a few of you are between 800-850 are you able to say whether that’s early 800’s or closer to 850?

Currently 850-900 myself just wondering if could be next in line for future intakes

Thanks

I'd be keen to know also. I'm 850-900 and with summer approaching I'd like to know what the possibility of getting in will be. Not going to put my plans on hold for it but knowing my luck as soon as I book a holiday the call will come 😂 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nsic93

I deferred, so someone else should be getting the call today :)

Has anyone who got the call recieved the induction pack yet or are they not sent out until all the calls have gone out ?

I also haven’t got mine just yet, hopefully soon. I’m wondering for those who got the call/ have in the past. When will/ did yous hand your notice in for current job. Will yous after you receive induction pack?

Just hand it in now more notice the better 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah you’re probably right tbh. Was just concerned as intake was cancelled last year if yous remember. Probs won’t happen again and overthinking it . But yeah the more notice the better

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Do you find out your district in the induction pack? If so, I would hang fire on handing in my notice until I find out my district. Just incase it's a district that wasn't in your preferred choices and would reconsider or try appeal it or something..

As far as i am aware you are given a list of Districts with operational needs in the induction pack/letter and you choose from the list ....... this could be complete rubbish someone from GV or recently atteneded please feel free to correct me 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 HighlandDew

You can pick up to 4 Districts...however you will not find out what district until induction day and it may not even be one of the 4 you have selected, it all comes down to operational requirement unfortuntely.

Advertisement