Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcztg_93

What are people’s thoughts regarding fast track, do you think people will start to hear week commencing 28.9? This is a long wait! Looking forward to us all getting our results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ats.us.nai

Mcztg_93 wrote: »
    What are people’s thoughts regarding fast track, do you think people will start to hear week commencing 28.9? This is a long wait! Looking forward to us all getting our results.

Possibly however with the rate of covid-19 cases increasing and a cobra meeting tomorrow, we could be heading into another lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Does it look like this campaign is in jeopardy with new restrictions, will the AC’s be postponed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Gda88 wrote: »
    Does it look like this campaign is in jeopardy with new restrictions, will the AC’s be postponed again?

I’m not sure! I wonder how it Applies to AC :( I’m sure Deloitte are still WFH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ats.us.nai

At the moment the restrictions are contained to private dwellings. We may have an issue in the coming weeks though. Tomorrow we should know more generally but the PSNI may issue their own statement via email/website so best to keep an eye out over the next few days/weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Although frustrating, it could also work is some peoples favours. They clearly need more staff and if this is going to continue into next year, more of us may be lucky enough to progress as a new campaign clearly won't be on the cards until the threat of covid drops somewhat. With all the resources and expenditure so far from this campaign, cant see them throwing in the towel at this stage as the fitness assessment is the only stage remaining where there will be a number of people present which could easily be split into smaller groups to accommodate the current situation. Good luck to anyone waiting on fast track news, i had my a/c 5 weeks ago but not holding out hope for the fast track, just hope i have passed. Will be good to hear people progressing though, means things are going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

As it stands I think the AC’s will still go ahead, especially as “wet” pubs are now getting the go ahead to open again. I also think Deloitte will want to complete the process as they will want to come across as fair and just and give everyone there opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Assessment centre this week. Any final words of wisdom that anyone found to help them?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

A friend had applied to NICS for the AO jobs and they got emails this week to say that the interviews were no longer proceeding and anyone that had had an interview it was now void and that they were taking the first 500 to the vetting stage based on the IST scores. They said that they knew people would be disappointed or say it's unfair but just based on unprecedented times they had no option.....wondering if this campaign might go the same way now

• Advertisement

Couldn’t see it to be honest. I don’t think the PSNI would accept candidates who only passed an IST as they wouldn’t have been assessed to any policing framework. In my opinion the AC is the most critical part of it all, assessing people’s ability to solve problems in a stressful environment. Also the fact that there are still candidates remaining from the previous campaign so they still have people available.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

I think what sharon1986 means is that they could progress candidates who have already completed their assessment centre to the vetting stage even if they do not get all the assessment centres done.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Couldn’t see it to be honest. I don’t think the PSNI would accept candidates who only passed an IST as they wouldn’t have been assessed to any policing framework. In my opinion the AC is the most critical part of it all, assessing people’s ability to solve problems in a stressful environment. Also the fact that there are still candidates remaining from the previous campaign so they still have people available.

Yea, the IST is mostly a way of thinning the herd, with the AC being the real test. If they were in dire need to get candidates into training, they could loosen some of the other standards relating to vetting, fitness, or the medical side of things, but I don't see any reason at present as to why they would even do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 H147

I'm worried now, concerned they might pull the plug on the rest of us still waiting to do our AC? Can they do that? Ie covid keeps rising and they just progress the half of people who already have their AC completed.

H147 wrote: »
    I'm worried now, concerned they might pull the plug on the rest of us still waiting to do our AC? Can they do that? Ie covid keeps rising and they just progress the half of people who already have their AC completed.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point. However, I think something similar to this happened during the 2015 campaign when funding for new police was pulled.

They have already invested the money into the campaign. Plus we are now going towards 8 months in the process. Another few months and it will be sorted. I think Deloitte have been brilliant up to now considered the hurdles they have faced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

MrChew wrote: »
    Yea, the IST is mostly a way of thinning the herd, with the AC being the real test. If they were in dire need to get candidates into training, they could loosen some of the other standards relating to vetting, fitness, or the medical side of things, but I don't see any reason at present as to why they would even do that.

For this campaign they have reduced standards to get people in. GCSE maths was removed from the essential criteria. I also heard the pass mark for AC is lower this time round, they have also lessened the PCA time from 3.54 to 4.30, so all areas that they can, have been changed because they’re in dire need of new recruits.

Bafta12 wrote: »
    For this campaign they have reduced standards to get people in. GCSE maths was removed from the essential criteria. I also heard the pass mark for AC is lower this time round, they have also lessened the PCA time from 3.54 to 4.30, so all areas that they can, have been changed because they’re in dire need of new recruits.

Fair enough. I knew the PCA standards had been lowered because the 3.54 was changed after the campaign commenced, but not that other stuff.

The impact of COVID can't have helped, as it surely must have slowed the feed of new recruits going into training.

To be honest you will find a lot of people attending the AC centre don't even look at the CVF and manage to scrape a pass as they know if and when they get to GV they will be trained having zero policing knowledge same as the way they ones that did throughly prepare for the AC do

Oh crap, I've been fast tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Just got an email to say I'm one of the higher performing candidates of the assessment centres so far and will be progressing to PSNI stages in the coming weeks.

Anyone else on the same boat? Does this mean I've made it into the fast track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

IM BEING FAST TRACKED. IM CRYING. OMG

Oh ok strange I was just told no info had been passed to PSNI from Deloitte with details of fast track info.

I'm fast tracked too!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Boneyard2002

When are people getting notified about fast tracking and has anyone received any Info?

Congratulations on people Fast Tracked! Giving me a panic that I didn’t do good enough to meet the pass mark.

Do they expedite you through the vetting etc if you've been fast tracked?

I'm fine if they don't - i need a bit of time to get my eyes fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Anyone who has got word that they are being fast tracked can you tell me when you had your AC and what was you pass mark if your allowed to tell?

Also when did you all get the AC Survey email? Got it today and thought it was a dear John email

No idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

They will send out vetting forms to you soon, vetting won't go any quicker it will take however long it takes, mine was 3 months others took shorter or a lot longer.

Well done to everyone that got fast tracked and if you didn't don't worry only a small percentage of people that pass get fast tracked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Anyone who has got word that they are being fast tracked can you tell me when you had your AC and what was you pass mark if your allowed to tell?

Also when did you all get the AC Survey email? Got it today and thought it was a dear John email

Nobody will know the pass mark until December

• Advertisement

We haven't officially been given our results yet. Only been told that we have been higher scoring candidates. We will get our actual scores and ML positions in December as normal.

My AC was in July and I somehow didn't receive an AC survey. Maybe they just forgot to send it, I'm not sure.

Does anyone reckon there will be more people fast tracked over the coming days or is that everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

NornIron74 is right regarding vetting.

There's still some of the 1810 candidates who are still going through the vetting stage. I've just hit 10 months since I sent my vetting forms off and have no way of knowing when I'll hear back.

Though I can't see any FTs waiting that long (imo).

Congrats to everyone who has been FT! I have my own AC at the end of October.

Does anyone reckon there will be more people fast tracked over the coming days or is that everyone

When was your AC?

As it’s the half way point of AC that they taking the best of them now for first group to be fast tracked

Ac was back in June end of the month.

Congrats to everyone getting fast tracked. Good luck to everyone still to complete theirs!

We haven't officially been given our results yet. Only been told that we have been higher scoring candidates. We will get our actual scores and ML positions in December as normal.

My AC was in July and I somehow didn't receive an AC survey. Maybe they just forgot to send it, I'm not sure.

Hi is this your first time applying? Did you do a course on the AC?

NornIron74 wrote: »
    They will send out vetting forms to you soon, vetting won't go any quicker it will take however long it takes, mine was 3 months others took shorter or a lot longer.

Well done to everyone that got fast tracked and if you didn't don't worry only a small percentage of people that pass get fast tracked.

Cheers for that - that suits me actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Congrats to all that have been fast tracked, exciting news! Great to see the campaign progressing. Good luck to all that are awaiting results or have AC coming up.
    My AC coming up soon so getting the final prep done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Congratulations those who have received a fast track email.

Anyone that received a fast track email have their assessment early September?

Done mine on the 2nd of September thought I done well but no email maybe they have taken results from July/August.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Done mine on the 2nd of September thought I done well but no email maybe they have taken results from July/August.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too. Mine was end of first week in September. Did a fair amount of training for mine and genuinely thought it went well! Hope I don’t have to eat humble pie lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Sat mine first week of September and I also thought I did well

Fingers crossed over the coming days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Woow44

Done mine in sept and got the fast track email today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

How many were fast tracked in 2018 does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Woow44 wrote: »
    Done mine in sept and got the fast track email today.

What week in September did you do yours?

Hi is this your first time applying? Did you do a course on the AC?

No, i previously applied in 1710. Made it to the end but failed medical unfortunately.

I have never done the course but got help from friends who are current serving officers.

No, i previously applied in 1710. Made it to the end but failed medical unfortunately.

I have never done the course but got help from friends who are current serving officers.

Thanks for reply. Hopefully this time things will be different for you. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

There was 2 batches of fast trackers for both 1710 and 1810 so chins up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rhino100

Got an email informing me that I’m in the top performing candidates, what does this mean exactly?

Thanks for any help guys, this forum helped me a lot in my AC prep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement