Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Helmsman22

I would also recommend applying for a force on the mainland. It would help take your mind off the recruitment and would help as a backup if things go wrong. You may also find that if you start with another force, you may want to stay there. The only issue would be that the PSNI do not take transferees so you would need to start all over again if you wanted to come back.

Already on that! I've applied for a large mainland force back around March/April time and currently just waiting on my vetting from them, PSNI is 100% my priority though. It was interesting going through their process to compare it to the PSNI one. One thing I'd say they've definitely done better is on the day my CV got shortlisted I had a officer from the recruitment team contact me for a chat and to see if I have any questions, he gave me his number too if I need to get a hold of him without having to email anonymous people with questions. Probably saves them a good bit of time seeing as most queries can be dealt with informally.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Just got an email to state I’m being processed as I’ve scored in the top tier. Can’t believe it! Is there another fast track group?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Just got an email to state I’m being processed as I’ve scored in the top tier. Can’t believe it! Is there another fast track group?

That sounds like a FT email, yeah. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Also received the fast track email, absolutely delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Also received the fast track email, absolutely delighted
    Brilliant news there’s another fast track group..good to see things moving again. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Well done guys! Good to see things continuing to push on. Hopefully the rest of us won’t be too far behind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Congrats on all the new FT groups well done! Does anybody know if they send the ft group out everyone on the same day or through the coming weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Congrats on all the new FT groups well done! Does anybody know if they send the ft group out everyone on the same day or through the coming weeks?

Yes, congrats FT3 guys. I again did not get the FT email :p, although thankful i have passed the A/C. Usually, they send the batch of FT emails all at once unfortunately, so i think we will be hoping either for a place in FT group 4 (if at all) or whenever they process the rest of the remaining candidates. It's a pity we don't know at least approximate ML places so that we can have an idea whether to hope for GV this year or in next 1-2 years. Hope dies last :P

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

OmaChick19 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Thought I’d weigh in on the current situation regarding funding. From a guy who taught me and was in the organisation, I wouldn’t panic on what the CC says. Take it from the point of view that there are more officers retiring than there is coming in so they have to meet the current demand. Regarding times and dates of the recruitment process, like Gonzo, I’m heading to that lovely hotel soon too. It’s been a long time since I applied in 2018 to get to where I am now, enjoy it and don’t panic. You most likely will when the reality of what jobs you will be doing when you get into GV �� good luck everyone!

You will love hotel GV ..keep me a seat would ya 😄 cant wait to visit 😆 Z

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OmaChick19

You will love hotel GV ..keep me a seat would ya 😄 cant wait to visit 😆 Z

Sure we can bunk up together Z, I’ll keep it warm for ya 😂 can’t bloody wait to start the hotel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

OmaChick19 wrote: »
    Sure we can bunk up together Z, I’ll keep it warm for ya 😂 can’t bloody wait to start the hotel!

Deal as long as you dont snore 😂😂

£300M being given to the executive that they can carry into the next FY. Sounds good :)

Received the official fast track email there from the PSNI directly, feeling very much real now

Same here pal. Can’t believe it’s actually happening.

Same here pal. Can’t believe it’s actually happening.

It’s crazy isn’t it, hopefully we get the vetting stuff out soon. Can’t wait for the actual scores to be released, be very interesting to see how well we actually did

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

It’s crazy isn’t it, hopefully we get the vetting stuff out soon. Can’t wait for the actual scores to be released, be very interesting to see how well we actually did

Congrats all who recently received fast track news. I would say you will probably receive vetting forms over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

JC12250 wrote: »
    £300M being given to the executive that they can carry into the next FY. Sounds good :)

I seen this news this morning too and was thinking the same. Sounding promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Looks like we'll get the funding then, folks!

This process has really had it's ups and downs. Can't wait to just get into GV and get hands on.

P.S. Congrats to the recent fast trackers, not long until we're all in hotel GV.

For anyone that didn’t quite make it this time or for those who maybe want to keep their options open - the Belfast Harbour Police are recruiting.

Would someone who has completed and passed vetting be able to give me a bit of advice. I’ve got the paranoid head on now which seems to happen during this process. Currently panicking about things that didn’t even happen 10 years ago 😂

• Advertisement

Would someone who has completed and passed vetting be able to give me a bit of advice. I’ve got the paranoid head on now which seems to happen during this process. Currently panicking about things that didn’t even happen 10 years ago 😂

Shoot me a PM or post here, happy to help.

FWIW, the Justice Committee is meeting on Thursday and one of the items on the agenda is an update on the draft budget - it might shine a light on future funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jack183726

Hey guys congrats on everyone who was fast tracked. Would everyone find out by now if they have already completed AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Happy to help myself pal, went through this whole process myself less than 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Hi all, long time lurker of the forum. I passed the AC and awaiting further emails for the next stage of the process.

I seen that some of you guys got FT emails last week, just wondering when you did your AC? I was up in October.

Hopefully if this lock-down is eased next month they can rattle through the rest of the outstanding assessments and get the ML out asap as the suspense is hard to take

Hi all, long time lurker of the forum. I passed the AC and awaiting further emails for the next stage of the process.

I seen that some of you guys got FT emails last week, just wondering when you did your AC? I was up in October.

Hopefully if this lock-down is eased next month they can rattle through the rest of the outstanding assessments and get the ML out asap as the suspense is hard to take

I was originally scheduled for October but with the lockdown it ended up being December.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

I was originally scheduled for October but with the lockdown it ended up being December.

Nice one, big congrats. Realistically i wonder how long it will be before the people low on the ML get to the next stage... 2022 probably at earliest probably. Such a lengthy process lol

Hopefully the lockdown restrictions will be relaxed soon to allow for the AC’s to complete and the ML to be generated. After that it’s anyone’s guess, I think this campaign could go down as possibly one of the slowest and most frustrating yet lol but I appreciate it’s out of their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Hi everyone, posted a couple weeks back about my medical being rescheduled after being cancelled because of the restrictions coming into place. Happy to say I had it yesterday and just received a pass email. They were saying they're doing a good couple every day to get through them. Few delays on the day but I was in for just over 2 hours for anyone contemplating how long to get out of work for.

Staff were good craic and eased any nerves with a laugh here and there. The hair sample surprised me...he spun the chair for me to sit on and take my hair down, genuinely felt like he was going flat to the tin with them scissors on the back of my head lol! First haircut I've had in a while anyway lol.

Just sharing because I know what it's like updating these boards and hoping for any crumb of info. Hopefully others won't have too long to wait as things progress rightly :)

• Advertisement

CLC93 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, posted a couple weeks back about my medical being rescheduled after being cancelled because of the restrictions coming into place. Happy to say I had it yesterday and just received a pass email. They were saying they're doing a good couple every day to get through them. Few delays on the day but I was in for just over 2 hours for anyone contemplating how long to get out of work for.

Staff were good craic and eased any nerves with a laugh here and there. The hair sample surprised me...he spun the chair for me to sit on and take my hair down, genuinely felt like he was going flat to the tin with them scissors on the back of my head lol! First haircut I've had in a while anyway lol.

Just sharing because I know what it's like updating these boards and hoping for any crumb of info. Hopefully others won't have too long to wait as things progress rightly :)

Congratulations! Are you appointable now, presuming your SMT comes back clear?

The staff there are lovely, really put my mind at ease.

Advertisement