Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Anyone got their re scheduled medical date yet? Still waiting on an email, really want to try cutting my hair as it’s getting out of control but anxious that it will end up being too short for the SMT...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Anyone got their re scheduled medical date yet? Still waiting on an email, really want to try cutting my hair as it’s getting out of control but anxious that it will end up being too short for the SMT...

You can cut your hair ok, they can take hair from other parts of your body for samples.. im sure by the time your medical happens your hair will have grown by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

Finally got my medical rescheduled, one step closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

PSNI2020 wrote: »

Happy days. All the best for it. Good to hear things are progressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Happy days! Just put of curiously roughly when was your original date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Anyone from the recent FT group get their vetting forms yet?

LC20 wrote: »
    Happy days! Just put of curiously roughly when was your original date?

Mid January

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Mid January

Fab. They’re getting there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Anyone from the recent FT group get their vetting forms yet?

Got mine in the post this morning!

Filled in and posted already, wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Got mine in the post this morning!

Filled in and posted already, wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be!

Mine came too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Got my rescheduled pca through there and it’s sooner than I thought..delighted that things now seem to be moving again for all of us, one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Got my rescheduled pca through there and it’s sooner than I thought..delighted that things now seem to be moving again for all of us, one way or the other

Delighted to get my new date too. Roll on PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

Wheels are turning again folks! Got mine aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Well done to all FTs who are getting processed ahead. I wish i was amongst you, although grateful i passed AC. I just wonder when the non-FT candidates will get processed. Just wondering if we have realistic chances of getting in GV within the next year or so? Any thoughts would be appreciated as i am sure there are 700+ people out there that are not FT that wonder the same xx

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Well done to all FTs who are getting processed ahead. I wish i was amongst you, although grateful i passed AC. I just wonder when the non-FT candidates will get processed. Just wondering if we have realistic chances of getting in GV within the next year or so? Any thoughts would be appreciated as i am sure there are 700+ people out there that are not FT that wonder the same xx

So I spoke to Recruitment about issues around this during the week - in short, until there is a merit list, no-one will be getting called to GV, be they Fast Track or not. So the following depends on the remaining ACs being completed and the ML issued.

The next intake will be at the start of May, and that will be the remainder of the 2018 campaign. There usually isn't an intake in July so the next after that will probably be August, the first of the 2020 batch. How things proceed after that depends on if they are back to taking full intakes in light of COVID and are following the same intake schedule as before COVID.

If so, it's feasible that the 280 or so FTers will be through the process and either out or called by Christmas, and the first non-FTers called late 2021/early 2022.

So, yeah, there's a chance but its all pretty speculative at the minute. Also, if the budget issue isn't resolved, that could well throw a spanner in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cat8609

Is there anyone on here waiting on rescheduled AC date? I'm not, just curious to get an idea when the merit list will be released . .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FairCop

Hi folks, also just wondering how long it's takes to get medical result? Had mine on 23/2.

FairCop wrote: »
    Hi folks, also just wondering how long it's takes to get medical result? Had mine on 23/2.

Mine took 6 days to come back - I had a couple of minor things on my MHQ that the PSNI doc needed to approve. I've heard of folks with nothing on their MHQ getting their results within 48 hours.

Thanks mate. I have a couple of minor things too so hopefully that is all that is happening. They eye test is the bit that was giving me the most anxiety..

Thanks mate. I have a couple of minor things too so hopefully that is all that is happening. They eye test is the bit that was giving me the most anxiety..

Hopefully all is well - your result certainly isn't overdue, so don't stress :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Hi this has probably been posted before but anyone got any tips for fitness training for the PCA?

Hi this has probably been posted before but anyone got any tips for fitness training for the PCA?

You need to work on stamina. I was not fit and just worked on being able to get through the 4 mins of high cardio activity and that worked for me. Got 4.03 due to one error. So will have to do it again if I get in..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

You need to work on stamina. I was not fit and just worked on being able to get through the 4 mins of high cardio activity and that worked for me. Got 4.03 due to one error. So will have to do it again if I get in..

Hi what you mean by an error? Are you penalised if you don’t do something right? Is the time not 4 min 30 sec?

Hi what you mean by an error? Are you penalised if you don’t do something right? Is the time not 4 min 30 sec?

If you knock something over or do it wrong, you have to redo that station of the circuit. I head-butted the stick at the bottom of the steps, so had to go back to the start of that station. You have to complete 3 laps of the circuit in under 4m 30s to pass, but before exiting Garnerville, you’ll have to complete 3 laps in less than 4m. So you could potentially pass the PCA but have to redo it again at a later date. Best to aim for less than 4m the first time.

I ran past a couple of cones on the wrong side and had to run back round them again so probably cost me a couple of seconds max. As said if you can do it under the 4 mins on the day all the better.. all the best for it anyway! Are you up soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

If you knock something over or do it wrong, you have to redo that station of the circuit. I head-butted the stick at the bottom of the steps, so had to go back to the start of that station. You have to complete 3 laps of the circuit in under 4m 30s to pass, but before exiting Garnerville, you’ll have to complete 3 laps in less than 4m. So you could potentially pass the PCA but have to redo it again at a later date. Best to aim for less than 4m the first time.
    Everyone has to redo it again in GV and get under 4 minutes. Your recruitment time doesn't matter its part of the student officer training program.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Anyone know when the next Policing Board meeting is? Would like an update regarding funding which I suspect will become clearer during the PB meeting if they are having one before the budget is announced.

JC12250 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next Policing Board meeting is? Would like an update regarding funding which I suspect will become clearer during the PB meeting if they are having one before the budget is announced.

Thursday 4th. The Justice Minister is due to answer a question on police funding and recruitment on Monday during Assembly Questions - might find out more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

MrChew wrote: »
    Thursday 4th. The Justice Minister is due to answer a question on police funding and recruitment on Monday during Assembly Questions - might find out more then.

Legend cheers for the info. We will all be keeping a close eye on what is said come Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Hi FAIRCOP, I had my medical on 16/02, my result came through the following day (17/02) and my SMT results came through the following week on the 24/02 :)

Advertisement