Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

It does come across as a bit confusing although PSNI knew about these budget cuts and still released another FT group, sent out vetting forms and rescheduled PCAs/medicals. It would make you think surely there is a reason for that, all them things cost money and I can't see them doing that with expiration dates on them main stages of the process without good reason from higher up.

Also, if they only take 300 (worst case scenario IMO) then because not everyone passes the all 5 PSNI managed stages that merit pool could be 500 people. Still room left if it does come down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Does anyone know the exact figure of FT?

I believe it may have been 234? Although I’m not confident if that is accurate or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Anyone think a waiting list will be compiled and exhausted before another recruitment regardless of numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

JC12250 wrote: »
    Anyone think a waiting list will be compiled and exhausted before another recruitment regardless of numbers?

It's possible but in previous campaigns they've worked to a certain number and then issued dear johns to the remaining people on the merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Well folks that seems to be it in black and white. 300 being cut. A year of waiting for that, no luck at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Well folks that seems to be it in black and white. 300 being cut. A year of waiting for that, no luck at all

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

This isn’t set in stone so it’s probably best leaving it until we know for sure!

Xxx1234 wrote: »
    Where did you see this?
    The link that was sent in up in the chat. Reducing staff by 300 which I would say is us

ASM1234 wrote: »

It doesn't say that - there will be a 50% reduction only if no additional funding is found. The CC says there are still a number of avenues open to him that he is exploring. Additionally, as someone has quite rightly pointed out, there will be folks who fail the PSNI managed stages or drop out.

Wait for the merit list and any further budget news or official communications from Deloitte or the PSNI. The posts here are speculative by nature.

Don't give up hope just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Majorian

What an absolute joke. All that talk about recruiting more officers, so much people's time and efforts wasted. Even if you don't get slashed if you're not FT there's no chance you'll start this year, likely even struggle starting next year. No job is worth this kind of wait unless you're applying to be an astronaut. I'll be taking up my offer from a mainland force I applied for months after applying for PSNI, but it seems like they have their stuff together unlike over here. I've been putting it off because I love NI and I wanted to do my bit, but at this point I'm through. Good luck everyone who's planning on staying around, I hope you have an endless ocean of patience because you'll need it.

• Advertisement

Apologies then I must of read it wrong. Just very annoying at this stage as you don't know if ur coming or going

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Surely with officers retiring etc though it might not be us lot?

Surely with officers retiring etc though it might not be us lot?

It says explicitly in the CC report that the way they will reduce numbers in the incoming financial year will be to allow retirement to exceed recruitment, so it seems if it comes to pass, it will definitely be the 2020 candidates bearing the brunt.

That said, it will hopefully not come to that.

Just had a chance to go over the majority of the PB meeting after finishing work. It’s sounds like the NI Office might give us the funding we need and indeed the DOJ has asked for more detail for what way the PSNI will use the extra officers for. All we can do is hope the CC’s pleas are answered either by the MOJ or by the NI Office. For anyone wanting to refer to the question it is 41mins 42secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Had my medical this week. How long does it take to get results? This has been a long long stressful year lol. Just want to have a start date for GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FairCop

Had my medical this week. How long does it take to get results? This has been a long long stressful year lol. Just want to have a start date for GV.

Hi Mate. I had mine on 23 and good word this Tuesday and SMT result the next day. All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Hi all. This is the PB tweet regarding the recruitment. "At yesterday's accountability session, @doloreskelly asked the Chief Constable about plans for increasing representation in policing in terms of recruitment, retention and promotion of officers and staff. See the response and meeting in full here: https://t.co/B85US6PS0A https://t.co/vifGjPab4w" I hope this helps xx

Everyone who I speak to that is in the service atm seems to think we will get the funding so I don’t know what to think anymore lol

JC12250 wrote: »
    Everyone who I speak to that is in the service atm seems to think we will get the funding so I don’t know what to think anymore lol

Don't give up hope. Our main concern right now is the ACs being completed and a merit list made. Budgetary issues can get resolved in a number of ways over the course of a financial year - and this process is long enough that the funding may come through while PCAs, medicals, vetting etc are still being completed. Even if the additional funds aren't there in April, it ain't over.

FairCop wrote: »
    Hi Mate. I had mine on 23 and good word this Tuesday and SMT result the next day. All the best!

Thanks for the reply. What sort of time does it take before getting your medical/SMT sorted and then actually getting a date to start training?

Also, what's the consensus on this recruitment drive then? Will the 600 be cut in half? Bit out of the loop sorry.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. What sort of time does it take before getting your medical/SMT sorted and then actually getting a date to start training?

Also, what's the consensus on this recruitment drive then? Will the 600 be cut in half? Bit out of the loop sorry.

It's still unclear how the budget thing will work out. It just remains a possibility.

As for the other question, how long is a piece of string lol? It will depend on your ML position, how many people there are in each intake if social distancing remains a requirement, and the intake schedule. Recruitment told me the absolute earliest anyone from 2020 would start would be summer or later.

MrChew wrote: »
    It's still unclear how the budget thing will work out. It just remains a possibility.

As for the other question, how long is a piece of string lol? It will depend on your ML position, how many people there are in each intake if social distancing remains a requirement, and the intake schedule. Recruitment told me the absolute earliest anyone from 2020 would start would be summer or later.

It's crazy how difficult this recruitment drive has been due to covid-19. I was fast tracked so I'm hoping my medical & SMT results come through shortly. I suppose all we can do is be patient given the circumstances. I suppose the merit list wont be posted until all ACs have finished.

It's crazy how difficult this recruitment drive has been due to covid-19. I was fast tracked so I'm hoping my medical & SMT results come through shortly. I suppose all we can do is be patient given the circumstances. I suppose the merit list wont be posted until all ACs have finished.

Yeah, no ML til ACs complete, no intakes from 2020 until ML, so just more waiting. I've been appointable since December so really getting some practice at being patient now :D

What was communicated to you after you got your medical and SMT results? Just wait for further information? I was supposed to have my medical in January, but it got pushed to March. Hopefully with the vaccine being rolled out things will start returning to normal and the ball will get rolling again.

What was communicated to you after you got your medical and SMT results? Just wait for further information? I was supposed to have my medical in January, but it got pushed to March. Hopefully with the vaccine being rolled out things will start returning to normal and the ball will get rolling again.

Nothing was communicated to me after medical/SMT results. At that point, the norm seems to be radio silence. I had to enquire to confirm I was even appointable, and every bit of info I've received has been because I've contacted recruitment.

Nothing was communicated to me after medical/SMT results. At that point, the norm seems to be radio silence. I had to enquire to confirm I was even appointable, and every bit of info I've received has been because I've contacted recruitment.

Hi McChew, do you think were we taken in merit order for medicals or not seeing ML has not been finalised?

Hi McChew, do you think were we taken in merit order for medicals or not seeing ML has not been finalised?

I thought it might have been done by a-z surname for those fast tracked but I could be wrong.

No idea, but I don't think it was any sort of ML order. More likely alphabetical but I'm not certain. In my PCA though, the surnames went from A -Z, rather than bands of like A - D which would have suggested alphabetical.

No idea, but I don't think it was any sort of ML order. More likely alphabetical but I'm not certain. In my PCA though, the surnames went from A -Z, rather than bands of like A - D which would have suggested alphabetical.

Sounds about right guys - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

PCA date received, I would have a decent enough level of fitness doing HIIT and out running a few times a week. Going to attend the Familiarisation day, would it be worth measuring out distance between cones etc? All tips very welcome!

Advertisement