Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Policing Board are looking volunteers to oversee standards and practicing in constable recruitment...does this mean another recruitment is on the horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

JC12250 wrote: »
    Policing Board are looking volunteers to oversee standards and practicing in constable recruitment...does this mean another recruitment is on the horizon?
    I heard a few people say there was another recruitment drive coming soon, not sure how true that is.

ASM1234 wrote: »
    I heard a few people say there was another recruitment drive coming soon, not sure how true that is.

This might be the case. I remember reading that they get people to sit in to make sure standards are being upheld. Don’t see why they would ask for volunteers if they didn’t plan to recruit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

This might be the case. I remember reading that they get people to sit in to make sure standards are being upheld. Don’t see why they would ask for volunteers if they didn’t plan to recruit soon.

These developments give me some hope that even as a non-FT'er they could still exhaust the ML and get us all in (pending on successful PSNI managed stages) if they are planning another recruitment drive. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to have spent all these funds on a partially fulfilled campaign and then starting an entirely new campaign. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Anyone still waiting for vetting from FT1? Mines been away 20 weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

It’s not done by surname, it can come back any time. Some people’s vetting can be under 10 weeks. Some can be 30 weeks plus just depends on your previous jobs, family members, loans, social media etc

Is it worth emailing them? Or is the reply a generic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

LC20 wrote: »
    Is it worth emailing them? Or is the reply a generic one.

It’ll be a generic response but I have heard of candidates emailing that are 20/30 weeks plus and then finding out the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Anyone know when the merit list might come out? Are there many ACs left to do? Got word on my medical there and I am really glad to have gotten through all the stages. Looking forward to a start date for GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Anyone know when the merit list might come out? Are there many ACs left to do? Got word on my medical there and I am really glad to have gotten through all the stages. Looking forward to a start date for GV.

In the last PB briefing, the AC said the remaining 30 or so ACs would be completed "in the coming weeks" so the Merit List should be out any time between now and the inevitable heat death of the universe.

In seriousness though, hopefully before May.

• Advertisement

MrChew wrote: »
    In the last PB briefing, the AC said the remaining 30 or so ACs would be completed "in the coming weeks" so the Merit List should be out any time between now and the inevitable heat death of the universe.

This made me laugh lol

This made me laugh lol

It feels like it's been an eternity, innit?

It feels like it's been an eternity, innit?

100%. Strangely I’m not panicking anymore about funding etc. Think I’ve hit the stage of if it’s meant to happen it’s going to happen. Just glad this forum exists so we can support each other etc.

100%. Strangely I’m not panicking anymore about funding etc. Think I’ve hit the stage of if it’s meant to happen it’s going to happen. Just glad this forum exists so we can support each other etc.

Lol, yeah, I just wouldn't mind it either happening or not happening a little bit faster! Still, good to be able to laugh about it.

Hahaha brilliant. Yeah this recruitment drive has been an interesting one...

Absolutely and everyone who has got this far should be proud. It hasn't been an easy year.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

So do you think the 31 have dates? Or still waiting for lockdown to end for the dates to be arranged?

ASM1234 wrote: »
    So do you think the 31 have dates? Or still waiting for lockdown to end for the dates to be arranged?

God knows and what the CC said doesn't clear it up exactly. A couple of people here have asked if there are any lurkers who are awaiting their AC but with no joy. I suppose the question is if Deloitte need hospitality to be open to permit ACs to take place or if they have/had made alternative arrangements.

Anyone else just get an email that they are planning to reduce officer recruitment over the incoming financial year due to budgetary pressures?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Anyone else just get an email that they are planning to reduce officer recruitment over the incoming financial year due to budgetary pressures?

Yea got it too. Not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Yeah got it too

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Nothing as of yet. Were you FT or not? Not a good sign

Yeah got it too

What time was it sent?

Yes I got it as well. Any predictions on what the intake will be cut down to? Will this affect everyone or just those that havent been fast tracked?

Yes I got it as well. Any predictions on what the intake will be cut down to? Will this affect everyone or just those that havent been fast tracked?

Everyone. In the CC briefing in Feb, they suggested 114 recruited this year.

Has anyone who hasn’t been FT not received the email about reduced recruitment? I keep refreshing my emails like crazy but don’t have the email yet

I got it too. Along with an email this morning that my vetting is in pending however given that email about the budget it all doesn’t sound very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

No only Fast trackers got the email anyone who wasn’t fast tracked wouldn’t have received the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

All we need to know now is where we are in the merit list

• Advertisement

I also have a rescheduled medical that was due to take place in January in the coming week...will this all be a waste of time?! Hence why I asked RE: vetting being away 20 weeks because why go through all this for over a year to fall at the last hurdle or the ££ not be there to progress any further and these things go out of date.

Getting fed up now!

Advertisement