Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

How far is a good bit from home? I'm wondering what the craic is because my spouse has a job locally and if we had to relocate it might affect her job. Even if I had to drive an hour or so to and from work I wouldn't mind. Just trying to gauge how far away they might post me if I dont get my selected districts.

I know of someone who lived in Newtownards got Londonderry/Derry... another lived in Belfast got Enniskillen. I think they do there best to get you one of your picks. I didnt get any of mine but the alternative wasnt too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

You get 4 picks but doesnt mean you will get any of them. I know quite a few people didnt get the district they wanted and got places a good bit from home.

As it's the nature of the job it's understandable but is the decision swayed by having small children at all?

DDGS7 wrote: »
    As it's the nature of the job it's understandable but is the decision swayed by having small children at all?

I dont honestly know.. you would like to think having a family would sway the decision a little. Those folks I know were single and lived at home if thats anything to go by.

I dont honestly know.. you would like to think having a family would sway the decision a little. Those folks I know were single and lived at home if thats anything to go by.

That's a little more promising to hear, wouldn't fancy seeing your kids even less than you'd already be expecting due to a cross country commute

That's a little more promising to hear, wouldn't fancy seeing your kids even less than you'd already be expecting due to a cross country commute

Will cross my fingers for you 🀞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

I got the call today for a July start and placed on the waiting list for the June intake on the off chance that someone pulls out. 15 months of waiting is coming to an end!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    I got the call today for a July start and placed on the waiting list for the June intake on the off chance that someone pulls out. 15 months of waiting is coming to an end!

Congrats mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Hi Everyone, got word back today I am now appointable having completed all managed stages. Absolutely delighted. It’s been a long process for everyone and for folk still to complete upcoming stages wishing you all the best. You will get there!

No call here as yet but was wondering what training are people doing in preparation for GV?

Cheers,
    Columbo

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Anyone else’s patience paper thin? Mine have ran out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Hi Everyone, got word back today I am now appointable having completed all managed stages. Absolutely delighted. It’s been a long process for everyone and for folk still to complete upcoming stages wishing you all the best. You will get there!

No call here as yet but was wondering what training are people doing in preparation for GV?

Cheers,
    Columbo
    You must be buzzing pal..well done, big relief I’m sure :)

• Advertisement

LC20 wrote: »
    Anyone else’s patience paper thin? Mine have ran out!!

I know the feeling, the amount of time between stages is ridiculous. Very poorly planned. A shambles even

I know the feeling, the amount of time between stages is ridiculous. Very poorly planned. A shambles even

I’m in total agreement. I’m FT1 and have had all done since March bar Vetting. I’ve chased it up twice and recruitment have been great at getting back but still no answer if it’s cleared or not. They actually requested an update on it before I did. I’m fed up now it’s been 14+ months of jumping through hoops...

I’m in total agreement. I’m FT1 and have had all done since March bar Vetting. I’ve chased it up twice and recruitment have been great at getting back but still no answer if it’s cleared or not. They actually requested an update on it before I did. I’m fed up now it’s been 14+ months of jumping through hoops...

Im curious to see what happens when the ML comes out next week (or so they tell us) , does that mean that those who have completed most stages will be slowed down to allow those who have potentially placed higher on the list to catch up and go to GV before them? If not doesn't that just negate the need for the ML at the end of the day?

It's not fair to anyone who has completed all stages but also not fair on those highly placed on the ML

Im curious to see what happens when the ML comes out next week (or so they tell us) , does that mean that those who have completed most stages will be slowed down to allow those who have potentially placed higher on the list to catch up and go to GV before them? If not doesn't that just negate the need for the ML at the end of the day?

It's not fair to anyone who has completed all stages but also not fair on those highly placed on the ML

I think the ML and the FT groups will eventually merge/ML catch up. Someone I know in FT1 is just awaiting a medical before being appointable but has now been told, just the other day, there is as many as 100 in front of them...which would imply they have slowed the process down as the AC passes from Jan are now being put through the stages and the ML has crept in.
    At this stage in the game I really don’t know how they are working it. It has been a crap show from the word GO.
    Everyone has worked hard and everyone deserves credit where credit is due. Sadly this campaign has lacked common courtesy in bucketfuls !

I think the ML and the FT groups will eventually merge/ML catch up. Someone I know in FT1 is just awaiting a medical before being appointable but has now been told, just the other day, there is as many as 100 in front of them...which would imply they have slowed the process down as the AC passes from Jan are now being put through the stages and the ML has crept in.
    At this stage in the game I really don’t know how they are working it. It has been a crap show from the word GO.
    Everyone has worked hard and everyone deserves credit where credit is due. Sadly this campaign has lacked common courtesy in bucketfuls !

Yeah I'd say this is the case, I'm FT3 and awaiting a medical also, then the long wait for vetting. But it would imply that the recruitment team are already in possession of the ML and are potentially working it from that now before issuing medicals etc.
    Makes you wonder aswell, how many, or little medicals and PCAs do they do a week? It seems to be very very few

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Guys I don’t mean to be rude but some of us have waited 14 months just to see where we are on the list. This will then tell us if we get in this FY. You are in the very lucky position of knowing that you are only a matter of weeks away from being appointable and will get in this FY.

JC12250 wrote: »
    Guys I don’t mean to be rude but some of us have waited 14 months just to see where we are on the list. This will then tell us if we get in this FY. You are in the very lucky position of knowing that you are only a matter of weeks away from being appointable and will get in this FY.

No I get this, I'm not just bemoaning the situation of myself and the FT folk, I'm bemoaning the situation of everyone. The fact that they just stopped ACs and just stalled the whole process and left most, especially those not on a FT list completely in the dark isn't right. There was no need to stop the ACs and leave everyone waiting for months on end. NIFRS managed to start their recruitment process after PSNI and very quickly overtake it, it stalled for 3 weeks and quickly resumed whereas PSNI stopped for what 4 months?
    There were surely ways the ACs could have taken place and allowed the whole process to continue.

Who says it will be a matter of weeks? It could be a matter of another 14 months the way things have went! My PCA has now run out aswell so I’ll not hold my breath. They held all up for no reason with no correspondence of the same. No one person should have been waiting 14 months for anything. It’s all been carried out appallingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Well said JC12250! With all due respect to all FT-ers, but yous are getting in. Plus/minus a few months, at least you know u will be amongst those 500 new recruits, whereas we (the mere not so blessed ones to be in a FT group) have been waiting patiently to even find out if we have any realistic chances for this or even next FY. Not being jealous, but stop doubting yourselves, you are in! The recruiters are doing their best in the conditions of a global pandemic with tons of back-log of work. keep calm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Who says it will be a matter of weeks? It could be a matter of another 14 months the way things have went! My PCA has now run out aswell so I’ll not hold my breath. They held all up for no reason with no correspondence of the same. No one person should have been waiting 14 months for anything. It’s all been carried out appallingly.

I’ve said before about communication being poor on behalf of Deloitte but when you put into perspective that we were in the depths of a pandemic, a potential funding crisis as well as the PSNI having external political pressure, 14 months doesn’t seem that bad. I think we all just need to put this into a bit of perspective. There are candidates that are now appointable from this recruitment and have start dates, which isn’t bad when you think of everything I have just listed.

• Advertisement

That's crazy it's actually run out, how long is it valid for?

That's crazy it's actually run out, how long is it valid for?
    I think 6 months - it was completed last year. Though again, playing the guessing game as nothing has been corresponded in relation to it.
    Just saying what I’m sure plenty on here, reading, are thinking!

I think 6 months - it was completed last year. Though again, playing the guessing game as nothing has been corresponded in relation to it.

Raging, sorry to hear that...hopefully you hear the right news soon, hopefully everyone will next week and there will be a noticeable shift in proceedings with the ML being out there.
    I think communication is definitely the common denominator when it comes to people's gripes

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Your PCA lasts for the life of the campaign - I emailed them about this when intakes were frozen in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

I agree the whole thing has been a bit of a mess. PCA date received 2 months ago and still waiting on a medical being arranged and it’s not looking likely it’ll be anytime soon considering some FT2 people are still awaiting theirs. Obviously it’s worse for the non fast trackers and I’d rather be in the position I’m currently in but this doesn’t feel very fast tracked to me.

Non fast trackers have the managed stages resumed or are they waiting on the merit list?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

I suspect the remaining stages for FT will be dictated by the impending ML being released. It seems like recruitment haven’t issued any more dates to people and my only guess is that it will be done on merit order. To the non FT, keep at it, you have come this far and it’s only around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

Recruitment told me you get invited for your medical based on the date you passed your pca not in merit order

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

9876mac wrote: »
    Recruitment told me you get invited for your medical based on the date you passed your pca not in merit order

Good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

FT2, FT1 retests & FT3 pcas were all done within a couple of weeks of eachother so I would imagine they just have a lot of medicals to get through and with restrictions on how many they can do it could take a while to get everyone slotted in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

9876mac wrote: »
    FT2, FT1 retests & FT3 pcas were all done within a couple of weeks of eachother so I would imagine they just have a lot of medicals to get through and with restrictions on how many they can do it could take a while to get everyone slotted in

Be interesting to know how many people failed their PCA

Advertisement