Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    I agree the whole thing has been a bit of a mess. PCA date received 2 months ago and still waiting on a medical being arranged and it’s not looking likely it’ll be anytime soon considering some FT2 people are still awaiting theirs. Obviously it’s worse for the non fast trackers and I’d rather be in the position I’m currently in but this doesn’t feel very fast tracked to me.

Non fast trackers have the managed stages resumed or are they waiting on the merit list?

Even a bit of correspondence in regards to an update on where we stand would be great! I’m with you on this - it’s all very frustrating and doesn’t seem organised at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

LC20 wrote: »
    Even a bit of correspondence in regards to an update on where we stand would be great! I’m with you on this - it’s all very frustrating and doesn’t seem organised at all.

100%

Literally no word for over 2 months except for online learning which I’m not even going to class as a stage but more of an attempt to fill the gap between waiting on a medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    100%

Literally no word for over 2 months except for online learning which I’m not even going to class as a stage but more of an attempt to fill the gap between waiting on a medical.

I didn't see the point in the online learning myself other than a gap filler as you say

Hey all, relatively new so not sure if this has been stated. But looks like the the merit list will be passed to PSNI on 18th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

UNI12345 wrote: »
    Hey all, relatively new so not sure if this has been stated. But looks like the the merit list will be passed to PSNI on 18th May.

Hi UNI12345 and welcome. Yes, feedback on ranking on the ML will be emailed out to the candidates on or before the 18th of May. Usually PSNI are pretty good with keeping to their promised dates for results release and so, it could be even a day or a few days before the 18th when we receive the long-waited for ranking. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

Appreciate the reply. This may be a hard question to answer, but what would be the next stage? And how long would it take to do so. I.e. Fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Appreciate the reply. This may be a hard question to answer, but what would be the next stage? And how long would it take to do so. I.e. Fitness test.

The next stages are vetting, fitness, online learning and medical/drug test. Not sure how long your PCA will take for non fast trackers as I assume it will go in merit order after the list is released.

Thanks for the reply. I know they will probably take a long time but still exciting none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big_A

Has anyone who has recently completed medical been waiting longer than usual for results?

I know average wait time is usually 7-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Big_A wrote: »
    Has anyone who has recently completed medical been waiting longer than usual for results?

I know average wait time is usually 7-10 days.
    Have you been waiting long on yours? I got my pass yesterday, so that would be under 6 days. Maybe check your junk folder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

Also got medical results withing the 6 days... waiting on SMT and thats me appointable.. as alpha says... check the junk folder ... best of luck 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Good luck to those waiting on results. For those who have got the call. I know this has been mentioned before but could you tell me how long is it roughly between getting the call and starting training? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

Long time lurker, Hi everyone

I have seen people from FT are getting calls over the past couple of months has anyone got the July call yet?
    I am FT2 and have completed/passed all stages soo I am guessing that I am now appointable?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Obviously the official date is the 18th but anyone quietly thinking it might be tomorrow or is that me being too hopeful?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BigBoard123

I know this is for folk already in the process but do any of you have a guesstimate as to when the PSNI will be recruiting again, England is hurting my brain haha

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Sky56 wrote: »
    Long time lurker, Hi everyone

I have seen people from FT are getting calls over the past couple of months has anyone got the July call yet?
    I am FT2 and have completed/passed all stages soo I am guessing that I am now appointable?
    Hi Sky56..welcome and congrat’s on becoming appointable. Also FT2, just waiting on my SMT result, so might see you in GV soon! Not sure if July calls have gone out yet. Here’s hoping it’ll be a summer start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

I know this is for folk already in the process but do any of you have a guesstimate as to when the PSNI will be recruiting again, England is hurting my brain haha

I believe, either late last year or early this year, they had said they anticipated another recruitment campaign commencing in the autumn - however that was before the issue with the budget had really come to the fore. Personally, I'm doubtful there will be another campaign anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

JC12250 wrote: »
    Obviously the official date is the 18th but anyone quietly thinking it might be tomorrow or is that me being too hopeful?lol
    I’ve been obsessively refreshing my emails all week with my fingers crossed! Here’s hoping it’s tomorrow ��

Hey guys, are yous referring to information for non fast trackers here?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

Hi Sky56..welcome and congrat’s on becoming appointable. Also FT2, just waiting on my SMT result, so might see you in GV soon! Not sure if July calls have gone out yet. Here’s hoping it’ll be a summer start though.
    Thanks wasn't sure about the whole appointable thing because they never say directly also check congrats on FT2, this my first time getting this far, I always seemed to stumble either at the IST or AC. So for the people who maybe didn't get the AC I have applied 7 times and 8th time is a charm soo keep the head up and keep applying.

Hopefully see you soon enough it's been a long process for everyone FT and non FT. My SMT results was back within 12 days but there was bank holidays and weekends in there aswell so you might get them alot quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Looks like they’re holding out until Tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

Does anybody know if next week we will be getting both our AC feedback and our merit number, or just our merit number?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

JC12250 wrote: »
    Looks like they’re holding out until Tuesday :(

It was silly for us to have hope given the display thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

9876mac wrote: »
    Does anybody know if next week we will be getting both our AC feedback and our merit number, or just our merit number?

We will get both thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

AWD188 wrote: »
    We will get both thankfully!

Thanks I wasn't sure as it only mentions merit list!

Does that mean we our vetting forms will be sent out etc soon. Sorry about the questions, first time applying so not too sure on the entire process

Does that mean we our vetting forms will be sent out etc soon. Sorry about the questions, first time applying so not too sure on the entire process

If you've been told by Deloitte that you have passed, the next thing for you will be receiving your vetting forms, the speed with which you get them will depend on where you place on the merit list with those higher up likely to get them sooner. My understanding is that, at this point, all FT candidates have already received theirs.

This information is all readily available in the Guidance for Applicants document on the joinpsni.co.uk site, and it has detailed information on what you can expect during the PSNI managed stages. I suggest you read it in its entirety if you haven't already.

Thanks for the reply. I have passed the assessment centre however I was not in any fast track groups

Thanks for the reply. I have passed the assessment centre however I was not in any fast track groups

Then the next step for you will be receipt of the vetting papers once the ML is released, depending on your position on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Hi UNI12345, here is the link to the guidance document that Mr Chew referred to. I hope you find this helpful. Good luck with the ML results, in the same boat as u. Waiting with anticipation :P

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/uploads/1506032096-guidance-for-applicants.pdf

Advertisement