Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Does anyone know, apart from maybe a few deferrals, that July calls have definitely not gone out yet? Is intake still reduced, or back to around 50? Also, if you miss the call, do they leave a voicemail, as I can’t answer my mobile in work unless on a break? Would be good to have some idea of a rough start date just to plan around it. Thanks.
    Apologies if any of this has been answered before folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 YamDiv6N

Does anyone know, apart from maybe a few deferrals, that July calls have definitely not gone out yet? Is intake still reduced, or back to around 50? Also, if you miss the call, do they leave a voicemail, as I can’t answer my mobile in work unless on a break? Would be good to have some idea of a rough start date just to plan around it. Thanks.
    Calls for the June intake only went out last week so I’d imagine it’ll be a couple weeks yet before the July calls go out. If they don’t get you they normally send an email with a direct number to call as far as I know. As for intake numbers they didn’t specify but from my understanding of it’s still reduced numbers for now. That might all change tho with the new measures coming in on the 24th May!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

YamDiv6N wrote: »
    Calls for the June intake only went out last week so I’d imagine it’ll be a couple weeks yet before the July calls go out. If they don’t get you they normally send an email with a direct number to call as far as I know. As for intake numbers they didn’t specify but from my understanding of it’s still reduced numbers for now. That might all change tho with the new measures coming in on the 24th May!
    Thanks pal, I appreciate the reply and info. Good luck with starting unless you’re already in GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

I got the call for the July intake last week but was advised at the time that I’m on the waiting list for the June intake should someone drop out. I’m not sure if that means I’ve got the call before the rest of the July candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    I got the call for the July intake last week but was advised at the time that I’m on the waiting list for the June intake should someone drop out. I’m not sure if that means I’ve got the call before the rest of the July candidates.

You are a reserve for the June intake, you are guaranteed a spot for July but could start in June if someone can't start then. I doubt that July calls have went out yet probably be another few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

I’ve just re-read the email and the PSNI website about the passing of the Merit list - it says close of business 17th May in the email and close of business on the 18th on the PSNI page after which candidates would be advised of their Merit position. Does this mean that we could potentially be waiting another while for the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

LC20 wrote: »
    I’ve just re-read the email and the PSNI website about the passing of the Merit list - it says close of business 17th May in the email and close of business on the 18th on the PSNI page after which candidates would be advised of their Merit position. Does this mean that we could potentially be waiting another while for the results?

Well spotted! Says week commencing 17th on the email and close of business 18th online. Really hoping we get them today though, would be a nice start to the week

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

I got informed that I passed the SMT and medical a few weeks ago, that’s every stage completed , since then I’ve had no contact from recruitment. What generally happens now?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Paulo345 wrote: »
    I got informed that I passed the SMT and medical a few weeks ago, that’s every stage completed , since then I’ve had no contact from recruitment. What generally happens now?

You sit and wait til you get the call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Doesnt look like the ML will be today anyway, Reading back on the website I'm not even sure if they meant to ML will be passed to us or the PSNI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

I guess we are all used to the waiting by this point ha

Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst! I think it might have already been out if today was the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Doesnt look like the ML will be today anyway, Reading back on the website I'm not even sure if they meant to ML will be passed to us or the PSNI

Yeah, you are right. I also noticed that it says on the PSNI web-site that the ML will be handed over to the PSNI by close on the 18th, but in fact nowhere it says when exactly we will be notified of our results. Hopefully it will be soon that we will know where we stand at least :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

The way things are going we could be sitting here this time next year in anticipation of it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

I asked recruitment about the merit list and got this response:

'Police Recruitment currently await the final merit list from Deloitte and will issue an update, including their merit position, to all candidates on the merit list as soon as possible.'

Also, got pulled over by an officer today about my brake lights which have recently went kaput. I must admit I am concerned it will reflect badly on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Totally civil interaction ofcourse. Getting brake lights sorted now. Wouldnt want even the most minor of things tto even slightly effect my chances of this career.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Andimaul wrote: »
    Totally civil interaction ofcourse. Getting brake lights sorted now. Wouldnt want even the most minor of things tto even slightly effect my chances of this career.

No hope on earth it will affect your application.
    A stop like that won’t even be recorded, regardless of that I have heard of people going into garnaville that have lost their licences or have allot of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Are we giving up on hope of hearing where we are on the ML for at least another few weeks?

JC12250 wrote: »
    Are we giving up on hope of hearing where we are on the ML for at least another few weeks?

I read the email again and this is what it says -

It is also planned that the remaining assessment centres will be completed by our external recruitment provider and the final merit provided to the Police Service of Northern Ireland w/c 17th May 2021. When the merit list is received, we will contact individual candidates by email to advise them of their final merit position.

So in effect is it has been passed efficiently and all of it is actually completed, such as the breakdown of how one performed, the PSNI could rightly start sending the emails this week. As everything before, today was a benchmark date the PSNI may have already received the Merit List weeks ago. It’s anyone’s guess but I think it’ll be very soon given the wait so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

I’m hoping we hear something tomorrow as up to now they’ve been good at communicating by the date stated on the website- even another update would be good just to feel like we’re being kept in the loop! With fingers crossed of course that we hear this week ML & feedback!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Anyone else refreshed their inbox for the 100th time lol

Me 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Me!!!

Any update would be nice right now

Do you guys think we’ll here something today or?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

It says that the merit list is being passed to the PSNI today.

Nowhere does it say you will receive your merit position today.

However you probably will get your score sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    It says that the merit list is being passed to the PSNI today.

Nowhere does it say you will receive your merit position today.

However you probably will get your score sheets

Exactly they will have to organise it and then they will probably contact people with their merit number and feedback, could take them a week to sort it all but on the other hand the non-deloitte side seems to be better organised soo could be sooner would be guessing. The painful wait for everyone continues it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Sky56 wrote: »
    Exactly they will have to organise it and then they will probably contact people with their merit number and feedback, could take them a week to sort it all but on the other hand the non-deloitte side seems to be better organised soo could be sooner would be guessing. The painful wait for everyone continues it seems.

Deloitte issue feedback not PSNI.

Deloitte will give feedback asap after passing ML to PSNI as that's their hands washed off you so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Email just in for feedback. No merit score tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Got the Deloitte email. 66%. Not exactly a great score but hoping it gets me a half decent ML position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Gda88 wrote: »
    Email just in for feedback. No merit score tho.
    What score did you get?

Advertisement