Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

Flash_93 wrote: »
    Do we know what the total number of candidates will be in the merit pool?

Was 1052 the last 2 campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Well if 70% was the FT score hopefully for me getting 66% isn't to far away for the vetting forms. Bit gutted they don't tell you how you could of done better but anyway on we go

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

I’m happy with the score I got really thought when I came out that I had done really bad and wouldn’t pass never mind get the score I got.

Well done to all who passed the AC!!!

I guess on to the next stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

I would say Mr.Chew is right - I think this merit list will be exhausted. 600 in this FY and perhaps the remaining candidates used in the next FY to replace retiring officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Pure gutted today with that email, I missed out on merit list by 1 fecking Mark, absolutely gutted to say the least. First role play didn't go as well as the other 2 which cost me dearly now it seems.

Dear Si_zx10r, don't get discouraged! It's my 3rd time i am applying (for this force only) and i finally managed to pass these 2 stages. Of course, no guarantee for me yet, but hope is there. Just keep your head up and apply again xx.
    Guys, i got 68.75, not sure if it's a decent mark but hope to be in the middle of the list if lucky. Congratulations to all who passed! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Just out of curiosity, can anyone confirm on their feedback that they don’t have a written exercise for role play 2? For myself it goes as follows. Plan for RP1, Rp1, RP2, Plan RP3, RP3 and report written exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

Just out of curiosity, can anyone confirm on their feedback that they don’t have a written exercise for role play 2? For myself it goes as follows. Plan for RP1, Rp1, RP2, Plan RP3, RP3 and report written exercise.

Yea Rp2 had no plan aspect to it

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

You didn’t have a plan for role play 2!

Only did 2 plans in total

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Got mine through - 81.25% happy with that
    Mate that is one crazy score..fair play!
    Well done to everyone and good luck for the remaining stages, feel free to drop me a message if I can be of any help, I will share my experiences etc..

3 marks off in total. Disappointed but sure until next time. Good luck everyone with the campaign hope it goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Dear Si_zx10r, don't get discouraged! It's my 3rd time i am applying (for this force only) and i finally managed to pass these 2 stages. Of course, no guarantee for me yet, but hope is there. Just keep your head up and apply again xx.
    Guys, i got 68.75, not sure if it's a decent mark but hope to be in the middle of the list if lucky. Congratulations to all who passed! :D

Congratulations to yourself and everyone else. This is a long process and to stick with it shows real character. Good luck with the rest of the stages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

78% here. I am now appointable. I failed the AC in previous campaign, I got 51% in last campaign. Those who have missed out this time you can come back stronger next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Congratulations to yourself and everyone else. This is a long process and to stick with it shows real character. Good luck with the rest of the stages :)

Thanks very much North Coast John. Been very encouraging to follow everyone else's progress in here. Great feeling of comradeship. xx :o

Mate that is one crazy score..fair play!
    Well done to everyone and good luck for the remaining stages, feel free to drop me a message if I can be of any help, I will share my experiences etc..

Aw thanks so much! The coaching and my own current job played a huge part in that score but honestly still in shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Si_zx10r

mariyapsni wrote: »

Thank you. I scored a B in 3 sections, scored a D in the other 3. Scoring does not reflect how I felt the day went. 2 of the sections I got a D in, I actually thought had went the best. Scored a B in my report which I felt was terrible so hard to know where it all went wrong lol will deffo be applying again after getting that close on first attempt. 33 yrs old so hopefully won't have to wait too long. Bitterly disappointed after failing by 1 mark but it had to be someone, just always feels like its me lol I got a promotion in my own job but the psni is really where I want to be

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Thank you. I scored a B in 3 sections, scored a D in the other 3. Scoring does not reflect how I felt the day went. 2 of the sections I got a D in, I actually thought had went the best. Scored a B in my report which I felt was terrible so hard to know where it all went wrong lol will deffo be applying again after getting that close on first attempt. 33 yrs old so hopefully won't have to wait too long. Bitterly disappointed after failing by 1 mark but it had to be someone, just always feels like its me lol I got a promotion in my own job but the psni is really where I want to be

Keep your chin up! I’ve failed the IST 3 times, last time was by 1 mark. This is the first year I passed and it was because the mark was lowered! Got threw to the final interview with the fire service twice and I was absolutely devastated both times!

What’s for you won’t pass you, everything works out in the end honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Keep your chin up! I’ve failed the IST 3 times, last time was by 1 mark. This is the first year I passed and it was because the mark was lowered! Got threw to the final interview with the fire service twice and I was absolutely devastated both times!

What’s for you won’t pass you, everything works out in the end honestly!

I previously got onto the waiting list for a role a full time fire fighter and was at 10th place on merit list before it expired. Always seem to fall at the final hurdle, will go for it again and hopefully have more success

This might be a hard question to answer, but does anyone have an estimate of when managed stages will progress for non fast track ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Helmsman22

The results finally came, I got 67%, but unfortunately it's too little too late now since I have a start date with a mainland force next month (For which I applied for months after applying for the PSNI). Through this process I've felt like I am in no way valued as a candidate with the complete lack of emails from the recruitment team or rough time-frames for how long this process takes. It's a real shame because I wanted nothing more than to have the chance to give back to my community in this part of the world I've grown so fond of. I was willing to wait longer than for any other job, but there is a limit, and I've reached it. I wish all you guys the best of luck with the rest of the process, I hope things speed up now for you and you are treated better than what we got from Deloitte. If there's anything I can take away from this experience is how not to run a recruitment campaign, maybe some day years and years into my career that might come in handy, who knows?

Best of luck guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Helmsman22 wrote: »
    The results finally came, I got 67%, but unfortunately it's too little too late now since I have a start date with a mainland force next month (For which I applied for months after applying for the PSNI). Through this process I've felt like I am in no way valued as a candidate with the complete lack of emails from the recruitment team or rough time-frames for how long this process takes. It's a real shame because I wanted nothing more than to have the chance to give back to my community in this part of the world I've grown so fond of. I was willing to wait longer than for any other job, but there is a limit, and I've reached it. I wish all you guys the best of luck with the rest of the process, I hope things speed up now for you and you are treated better than what we got from Deloitte. If there's anything I can take away from this experience is how not to run a recruitment campaign, maybe some day years and years into my career that might come in handy, who knows?

Best of luck guys.

It's a shame this has happened to you, but a career in the police awaits you regardless. I can confirm that being on the PSNI stages offers little more updates to be honest. Just endless waiting

• Advertisement

On the topic of withdraws, what happens if people start dropping out do they just continue or do they go down the list?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Through this process I've felt like I am in no way valued as a candidate with the complete lack of emails from the recruitment team or rough time-frames for how long this process takes.
    HR, take note. I know you read my posts. I receive this same feedback very often in my PMs. Shame on you for treating candidates this way through the Deloitte contract at a time when we need the best people in the job. This reflects poorly on the whole organisation. Sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Best of luck guys.

I feel the exact same way and I’m sure there are plenty on here that are in the same position. I’ve often wondered if this is the lack of courtesy during just the application process what will it be like in the role. I got 70% on the results today but the recruitment campaign as a whole has dampened my experience thus today’s results didn’t give me much excitement or joy like previous emails did maybe 6 months ago. I’m sure I speak for a lot in saying we take a lot of people on this recruitment journey with us, family and so on, and we have been living for answers/communication/time frames that far exceed what anyone would expect to wait. Even if we were kept in the loop during COVID that would’ve been good enough! But sadly not and life has been put on hold hitting the refresh button on emails or living for a call. I’m going to sit back and see what comes of it but for now I have began looking into other opportunities simply because my life has been on hold now 14 months. Even if a preliminary start date was issued to all at the very least life could be planned with room for leeway.

I wish you the best of luck in your new role & hope it’s all u want it to be.

LC20 wrote: »
    I feel the exact same way and I’m sure there are plenty on here that are in the same position. I’ve often wondered if this is the lack of courtesy during just the application process what will it be like in the role. I got 70% on the results today but the recruitment campaign as a whole has dampened my experience thus today’s results didn’t give me much excitement or joy like previous emails did maybe 6 months ago. I’m sure I speak for a lot in saying we take a lot of people on this recruitment journey with us, family and so on, and we have been living for answers/communication/time frames that far exceed what anyone would expect to wait. Even if we were kept in the loop during COVID that would’ve been good enough! But sadly not and life has been put on hold hitting the refresh button on emails or living for a call. I’m going to sit back and see what comes of it but for now I have began looking into other opportunities simply because my life has been on hold now 14 months. Even if a preliminary start date was issued to all at the very least life could be planned with room for leeway.

I wish you the best of luck in your new role & hope it’s all u want it to be.

Couldn’t agree more! The whole process has been extremely draining. I was absolutely buzzing with my score yesterday but I predict in the coming days I’ll just feel a bit frustrated again while waiting on my merit number so hoping that comes through this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

68.75% for me, seems to be a popular score on this forum. Now to play the waiting game some more for the ML to come out and eventually the next steps. Hoping for a 2021 but at this stage I wouldn't be so sure, but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

So far the handling of the recruitment process has been extremely poor. Like many of you I can only hope that this improves as we move forward.

Lets hope some news on our merit list positions comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

Is anyone signing up to give them feedback/focus groups, I only noticed this reading the email again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Anyone able to shed any light on how the allocation of medical dates works?
    Folk who passed the PCA the same day as me have all received a date but nothing for myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Do they email you when the vetting sheets have been sent to your address or? Or could they come anytime now the merit list has been passed on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Do they email you when the vetting sheets have been sent to your address or? Or could they come anytime now the merit list has been passed on

They just arrive. As a rule, you won't get many emails from recruitment - they'll get in touch with appointments and results only.

Advertisement