Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elc89

What is the next part of the process for anyone that has recently been through it?

is it vetting forms then PCA or vice versa? And how much notice do you roughly get before your PCA?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Elc89 wrote: »
    What is the next part of the process for anyone that has recently been through it?

is it vetting forms then PCA or vice versa? And how much notice do you roughly get before your PCA?

Thanks in advance

Vetting forms will come out in the post and then a PCA date will be issued depending on ML number. Your given roughly a months notice before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big_A

Shield wrote: »
    But should it be a distant memory? To me, that’s a bit like ignoring where the process fails candidates. There’s room for a lot of improvement with meaningful communication in particular, and I remain optimistic that this will be addressed.

Agreed there can be major improvements throughout the process. Will be leaving feedback via the email from delottie and to recruitment.

I haven't had the best experiance personally but trying to stay positive and go along with the current process in the hope the feedback from candidates will be acted upon and improvements made going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Majorian

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    Took me 6 years and 5 campaigns.

Deloitte did the best they could with a horrible hand being dealt to them.

The recruitment process, up to this point, has nothing to do with the PSNI.

None of us are special.

We all were just a number.

It's a fact of life when applying for a job everyone and their mum wants.

I have friends that have been waiting far longer to get in than your guys had and not one of them moaned.

Gripe away but that post just oozed with self entitlement.

Being "just a number" or "not special" as you've nicely put it might be the case for a candidate who's stuck around for over 6 years and been rejected numerous times, but most people, especially younger people out of education have other prospects they can follow if they are not treated right by recruitment. By not looking out for people in the process and at the very least keeping them up to date, the PSNI is bound to lose talent to other forces like the in the case of the original poster who you've directed your comment towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Majorian wrote: »
    Being "just a number" or "not special" as you've nicely put it might be the case for a candidate who's stuck around for over 6 years and been rejected numerous times, but most people, especially younger people out of education have other prospects they can follow if they are not treated right by recruitment. By not looking out for people in the process and at the very least keeping them up to date, the PSNI is bound to lose talent to other forces like the in the case of the original poster who you've directed your comment towards.
    I can see things from both points of view here! However, what I would include is that let’s not comment on someone failing something ‘numerous times’..he didn’t give up and got there in the end! If a younger person wants to move on and find another path, then maybe this wasn’t for them to begin with. Out of roughly 7000 applicants and with maybe 300-600 being recruited, I highly doubt the PSNI will be short in finding or keeping talent. I do agree, communication could have been better throughout and especially for non-FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MagicPlane

Hi guys.

Just found this thread - and it’s great. Wish I had found this earlier in the recruitment process.

Fortunately, I’ve been one of the lucky ones in that I start GV soon.

To those of you who are worrying about vetting, I was too. I had waited 4 months for a result and still nothing. I then emailed recruitment and within 4 hours I was told my vetting had passed. If in doubt, ask recruitment! They’re super helpful :)

I’m really worried about fitness in the 21 weeks at GV. I passed the PCA (didn’t do training and scraped a pass). I would say I’m not a fit person, but over the past weeks I’ve started to run and I’ve managed to get my 5k time from well above 40 mins down to the 30 min mark. I’m not a member of a gym either. I’m just wondering can I be kicked out of GV for not being fit enough for the intense sessions they do. (even though I can still pass the PCA at the end - all being well) I just think I’m going to struggle with the pe sessions.

I really hope I get an answer that reassures myself - but please be honest.. should I prepare to struggle?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Hoping when I wake up tomorrow from nighthshift there's a lovely email to say where I am on the merit list- wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

Fingers crossed for our merit list positions being released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

MagicPlane wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Just found this thread - and it’s great. Wish I had found this earlier in the recruitment process.

Fortunately, I’ve been one of the lucky ones in that I start GV soon.

To those of you who are worrying about vetting, I was too. I had waited 4 months for a result and still nothing. I then emailed recruitment and within 4 hours I was told my vetting had passed. If in doubt, ask recruitment! They’re super helpful :)

I’m really worried about fitness in the 21 weeks at GV. I passed the PCA (didn’t do training and scraped a pass). I would say I’m not a fit person, but over the past weeks I’ve started to run and I’ve managed to get my 5k time from well above 40 mins down to the 30 min mark. I’m not a member of a gym either. I’m just wondering can I be kicked out of GV for not being fit enough for the intense sessions they do. (even though I can still pass the PCA at the end - all being well) I just think I’m going to struggle with the pe sessions.

I really hope I get an answer that reassures myself - but please be honest.. should I prepare to struggle?

The way I see it is you have passed PCA so by PSNI standards you are fit enough. At GV the training will help you become fitter and stronger. Ive some friends who went thru it and the sessions in GV are largely based on crossfit workouts. Well done on improving your 5k run times. Relax and keep chipping away. People I know who are in the PSNI are by no means "athletes" so stay confident and keep putting the work in and you will be just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Got my ML position. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Who keeps refreshing their emails? Hope we get something today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mark Mycards

First time poster.

Passed the AC with 66% chuffed to bits.

Do we think the merit pool list will be out today?

I'd also be interested to know if people think Garnerville class sizes and frequency will now increase as the restrictions lift to make up for the lack of bodies coming through.

Is there a possibility that they may insist on candidates being vaccinated??

I'm also worried about BMI at the medical stage , mine is high. Is this the sort of thing you'd be failed for?

MrChew wrote: »

Nothing Mr Chew

Nothing Mr Chew

They might be doing it in batches!

Nothing Mr Chew

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

What’s your rough number?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

First time poster.

Passed the AC with 66% chuffed to bits.

Do we think the merit pool list will be out today?

I'd also be interested to know if people think Garnerville class sizes and frequency will now increase as the restrictions lift to make up for the lack of bodies coming through.

Is there a possibility that they may insist on candidates being vaccinated??

I'm also worried about BMI at the medical stage , mine is high. Is this the sort of thing you'd be failed for?

Congrats on passing your AC

Seems to be getting sent out in drips and drabs I am sure when more people will drop a post to say.

Wouldn't worry about BMI if you can pass the PCA they just seem to keep the BMI as a record as I asked at my medical if it had any influence on the decision and was told it isn't a something that can fail you.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Mr Chew you have everyone staring at their phones like absolute lunatics this morning haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15 YamDiv6N

I’ve got mine also!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Nothing here yet

• Advertisement

YamDiv6N wrote: »
    I’ve got mine also!

Thank God, I was worried people on here were going to think I was spoofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FairCop

Yeah got mine a while ago

Everyone who has got there Merit List Position where you all part of the Fast Track groups?

Just got mine too.
    30-50

Just got mine
    20-40

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Got mine - 1-20

Got mine 80-100

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Got mine - 1-20

Incredible pal well done

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Got mine - 1-20

Very nice

• Advertisement

Well done everyone. Good luck to those waiting for the email.

Advertisement