Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Got mine - 1-20

Top 20, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

Got my merit list position. Nice to wake up to this morning. Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

No email as yet? FT2 so thought id have something by now? Checked junk and other (sad face ) ...

Just through as i wrote haha.. between 70 and 90 .. delighted....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mark Mycards

MrChew wrote: »
    Got my ML position. Anyone else?

Don't know if you mind sharing what you scored and how that relates to your merit list place??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Don't know if you mind sharing what you scored and how that relates to your merit list place??

I scored 81.25% and I’m between merit number 1-20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

FT2 but my merit list position is between 250 - 300. I thought I would have been much higher to be fair.

If anyone hasn’t received their merit order yet, my email went into “promotions”

I only found it by searching psni

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

I got a ML of 700-750. I am quietly confident that even with a high ML number I could still be in with a shout with people not successful in the PSNI stages.

Really surprised me when I looked at how many didn’t pass all stages in the last campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mark Mycards

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    I scored 81.25% and I’m between merit number 1-20

SHOW OFF!!

WELL DONE YOU! Assume you were in the 1st fast track group and are now at the tail end of psni managed stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

Im FT2 ... all managed stages complete and 70-90 on ML... id assume all those ahead of me have completed managed stages also? Hoping to be in GV around or before end of august...anyone any idea of next intake and how many numbers going in so ive a rough idea... tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

JC12250 wrote: »
    I got a ML of 700-750. I am quietly confident that even with a high ML number I could still be in with a shout with people not successful in the PSNI stages.

Really surprised me when I looked at how many didn’t pass all stages in the last campaign.

That figure doesn't mean 412 didn't pass all stages, it includes people who withdrew their application. A lot of people with low merit numbers apply for the next campaign and end up being on 2 merit lists, some people get jobs elsewhere, personal reasons, get fed up waiting etc and withdraw

SHOW OFF!!

WELL DONE YOU! Assume you were in the 1st fast track group and are now at the tail end of psni managed stages?

Haha thank you!

I was actually in the last fast track group as I scored on the low end in my IST so I was one of the final groups to do the assessment centre, was scheduled for October but unfortunately got pushed back to December due to covid.

I only have my medical which is booked for the next few weeks and still waiting on my vetting to clear. Not getting too excited yet until I pass those stages but still super proud with the assessment centre score!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

CMAG90 wrote: »
    Im FT2 ... all managed stages complete and 70-90 on ML... id assume all those ahead of me have completed managed stages also? Hoping to be in GV around or before end of august...anyone any idea of next intake and how many numbers going in so ive a rough idea... tia

All works of the IST which put you in order of when you did your AC which then put you into a FT group. I am FT3 but ahead of you on the ML but due to you being on the earlier FT group it jumps you ahead, if that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

9876mac wrote: »
    That figure doesn't mean 412 didn't pass all stages, it includes people who withdrew their application. A lot of people with low merit numbers apply for the next campaign and end up being on 2 merit lists, some people get jobs elsewhere, personal reasons, get fed up waiting etc and withdraw

That’s true! Just surprised at how high the number was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

JC12250 wrote: »
    That’s true! Just surprised at how high the number was.

It is surprising and when you see we've only got our merit list and 20 people are already in that category. It's good for us all to remain optimistic throughout all this, it will be worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

CMAG90 wrote: »

I'm FT1 and 20-40 on the merit list, still waiting to clear the managed stages...namely my vetting, which I was called in for an interview over very recently. So there might even be more in the same boat as myself. Also for anyone still waiting on their vetting, I was told the panel aren't reconvening for another 4ish weeks so you might not see any vetting passes until after then, which might give an idea of rough GV start times taking into consideration the notice they give you upon offer too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

Got my number! 300-350. Also the email states that this group is due to be contacted next for physical and vetting. Thought I’d share so that we’ve all got an idea of timings and not sure what others emails said. Congrats to everyone getting their places- hopefully the next stages will fly by!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

JRR2021 wrote: »
    Got my number! 300-350. Also the email states that this group is due to be contacted next for physical and vetting. Thought I’d share so that we’ve all got an idea of timings and not sure what others emails said. Congrats to everyone getting their places- hopefully the next stages will fly by!

Nice one, im in the 350-400 and didnt get that part in the email so we must be a different batch

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

I’m in ML 500-550 and been advised in the email that are on my batch for the managed stages

400 - 450 and been advised as well, wouldn't put too much stake in that paragraph by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Well done everyone but all this fast track stuff doesnt mean anything in gv your just a student like the rest of them...staff dont care if your no 1 or 1001.

Good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

Marrick999 wrote: »
    400 - 450 and been advised as well, wouldn't put too much stake in that paragraph by the looks of it.

Flip sake! How weird! Only time will tell I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

I wonder when the call will go out for the next intake into GV

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

860-900 for me �� i won’t be holding my breath for the list to be exhausted that far down. I can’t see anymore than 200 not passing the managed stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

Gda88 wrote: »
    860-900 for me �� i won’t be holding my breath for the list to be exhausted that far down. I can’t see anymore than 200 not passing the managed stages.

Don't lose hope, I was in that bracket for 1810 and I'm going into GV soon. If you pass all the managed stages then I can't see them not making you an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

I’m in ML 500-550 and been advised in the email that are on my batch for the managed stages

Same boat here. Maybe see you in GV down the line 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elc89

Received my PCA date at long last. Best of luck to everyone now the ball is rolling!

If you pass your PCA are you informed there and then of your medical date or do you wait a while on an email for a medical date?

Only asking as I assume with covid this has probably slowed the medical process down and maybe a build up of candidates awaiting medicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Elc89 wrote: »
    Received my PCA date at long last. Best of luck to everyone now the ball is rolling!

If you pass your PCA are you informed there and then of your medical date or do you wait a while on an email for a medical date?

Only asking as I assume with covid this has probably slowed the medical process down and maybe a build up of candidates awaiting medicals.

You get your medical date separately. If you pass your PCA, you will get your medical health questionnaire on the day, which you fill out and get signed by your GP to bring to your medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Gda88 wrote: »

IMHO I would be confident anyone who passes the managed stages will be the offered a place to start training over next 18 months in merit order. I think the list will be exhausted so don’t lose hope, it will happen. All the best and good luck.

• Advertisement

My ML position was 825 to 980. Very high, does anyone know what this means for this recruitment campaign?

Advertisement