Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview & sat help

• 01-09-2019 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Folks, the parents have asked me to help them get saorview and sat feed into the kitchen and upstairs room, I don't have saorview and have never set it up, they have it working fine in the living room with a combo box. Saorview aerial is in the attic. What do I need to do to connect 2 more Tvs to both? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭shane b

There are a few ways to do it but this how its done in my house.
    For soarview the signal from the aeriel in the attic can be split to each tv. A booster would help stop loss of signal strength rather than a splitter.
    For free to air each tv must have a cable direct from the satellite dish. You would also need a quad Inb on the dish for the 2 extra tv's.
    I believe a multiplexer can also be used but I've no experience of its setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

shane b wrote: »
    I believe a multiplexer can also be used but I've no experience of its setup.

That would be a multiswitch, probably overkill for what you want to do.

What type of dish is on the house, a Sky oval dish or standard universal dish?

This quad LNB with terrestrial aerial input is an option to combine sat and terrestrial feeds at the dish down a single cable and split again at the TV point,
    - his one for a Sky dish - https://www.freetv.ie/sky-quad-lnb-with-terrestrial-input/
    - this one for a standard universal dish - https://www.freetv.ie/quad-lnb-with-terrestrial-input/

Split the 2 signals again at the TV end with this splitter or this splitter wallplate

Advertisement