Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 FSA Feedback thread

• 01-09-2019 8:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As mentioned in the Pre Feedback thread(https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057998731) here is the aforementioned Feedback thread for 2019.

We will leave this open for the duration of the International Break, or longer if there are discussions still ongoing.

There were zero topics suggested in the Pre Feedback thread for discussion in this thread.
    Thought there might have been something to kick off this thread with.

Mod decisions can be discussed and moderation of this thread will be relaxed(slightly) to allow same - overstep the mark and you will be sanctioned though.

So, give your feedback(good/bad) with examples, "X is crap" doesn't help anyone, whereas "X is crap because ..." opens it up for debate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My suggestion would be if people are posting monthly prize winners and cash league results at the end of the season that they refrain from posting real names.

There may be those who might not want their real name posted on a public forum. So the team name could be posted instead for instance.

Maybe a permanent thread, other than the GW transfer thread, for people that just want to post up their team and ask for ‘total’ advice like ‘can you see any changes I should make’ and so on.

Maybe something like a RMT thread.

It would allow the GW transfer thread to flow better for people that are battling with simpler options like ‘should I go KDB and Haller or Mount and Aguero’.

Or just to discuss the merits of the current hot players without being sidetracked by managers that want their team manager by the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Possibly a stupid question but the gameweek captain poll, is that meant to be based on the players I have or the best captain pick for the week no matter what my team is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Possibly a stupid question but the gameweek captain poll, is that meant to be based on the players I have or the best captain pick for the week no matter what my team is?
    Who you are picking as your Capt that week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

1. I propose Matchday threads only be opened after the GW deadline. Not for any nefarious reason (hoping lads miss the deadline for example), but we already have multiple threads for the GW already.

For GW5 we will have:
    - GW5 Transfer Thread
    - GW5 Captain Poll
    - WC Thread
    - General Chat Thread
    - Injuries & Suspensions Thread

Do we really need another thread opened before the deadline?? It only splits the chat/questions across multiple threads.

The Matchday thread should merely be matchday related - our 'locked in' teams, actual team lineups, in play action, post match analysis/rant/scorekeeping etc.

2. The Forum has become more 'chippy' in recent times. It's not a major issue at present, but its not a direction I feel we should be going. Hopefully it doesn't require Mod intervention (it shouldn't as lads just need to cop on a bit - someone has a different opinion to you, thats fine, you don't need to get all bitchy about it) but if needed, I hope the Ban Hammer is used swiftly.

3. Anyone referring to the Manchester City forward as 'Aggy' should receive a lifetime ban :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Benimar wrote: »
    For GW5 we will have:
    - GW5 Transfer Thread
    - GW5 Captain Poll
    - WC Thread
    - General Chat Thread
    - Injuries & Suspensions Thread

Do we really need another thread opened before the deadline?? It only splits the chat/questions across multiple threads.

The Matchday thread should merely be matchday related - our 'locked in' teams, actual team lineups, in play action, post match analysis/rant/scorekeeping etc.

I think all these should be merged into a weekly superthread. Too much stuff repeated throughout the threads.

Then a matchday thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I think all these should be merged into a weekly superthread. Too much stuff repeated throughout the threads.

Then a matchday thread.

Sorry, Don't agree with you, its great for instance, when trying to decide on a Captain, to go into the captain thread and not have to wade through transfer stuff, and vice versa.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

I like that this forum isn’t similar to the soccer forum but I’ve seen some examples recently.

When Liverpool lost the community shield someone commented ‘Klopp still hasn’t won a cup in england’

A poster commented that a clubs players were a bunch of ***** (about united players I think)

Another poster had a go about transfer advice they received and how it didn’t go well. Maybe even had a dig about it too.

Would be great if there was zero tolerance on the above examples. 3 red cards.

If this forum were to go the way of the soccer forum I’d stop posting.

My Saturday mornings wouldn't be the same if I had to wait till mid day for the game week thread. I like the craic about the opening it too early on Fridays too.

Hope it stays as is.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Sorry, Don't agree with you, its great for instance, when trying to decide on a Captain, to go into the captain thread and not have to wade through transfer stuff, and vice versa.

You do realise you could have the poll in a superthread and that polls show at the top of the screen so you don't have wade through any crap?

Plus if you'd probably get more voters if there's one location to talk about everything for the week.

You'd have likely seen posts about people's captain in the transfer thread last week.

It's one the reasons I don't post here often.

• Advertisement

I would also miss that sense of dread when I see that there's a new post in the Suspension and injuries thread, and the relief when its not about one of my players.

:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Another minus one for the superthread idea. This forum used to exist on a single thread on the Soccer forum. We requested a forum precisely so we could have space to talk the many facets of the game in dedicated threads. One big thread would defeat the purpose of having the forum, and would also be a nightmare to read IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Another minus one for the superthread idea. This forum used to exist on a single thread on the Soccer forum. We requested a forum precisely so we could have space to talk the many facets of the game in dedicated threads. One big thread would defeat the purpose of having the forum, and would also be a nightmare to read IMO.

Yep I couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Things pretty much work grand as they are. Don't impose more rules for the sake of it please.

Would agree with klopporama above that tribal soccer crap should be cut out,thankfully it's not a major issue and the mods so act on it pretty quickly.

Only suggestion id make is not to the mods but the users of the forum - lighten up, it's only a game and what harm of a bit of craic is had on threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A minor annoyance, and one I suspect I'm definitely in the minority on, but I have absolutely no interest in other people's line-ups on the matchday thread. I usually have to scroll through the first 2 or 3 pages to get past it and find actual or rumoured team news.

A minor annoyance, and one I suspect I'm definitely in the minority on, but I have absolutely no interest in other people's line-ups on the matchday thread. I usually have to scroll through the first 2 or 3 pages to get past it and find actual or rumoured team news.

+1

We've read all about peoples teams on transfer thread,captain thread, wildcard thread, scout picks thread, injuries thread, domestic/european football thread etc. I don't want to read about it on the match day thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

KevIRL wrote: »
    Things pretty much work grand as they are. Don't impose more rules for the sake of it please.

Would agree with klopporama above that tribal soccer crap should be cut out,thankfully it's not a major issue and the mods so act on it pretty quickly.

Only suggestion id make is not to the mods but the users of the forum - lighten up, it's only a game and what harm of a bit of craic is had on threads.

Wildcard activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

McBain11 wrote: »
    Wildcard activated

Wildy*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

giphy.gif

Pet Peeve: Seagull posters who fly in, dump on a few threads, grab some info and are gone before you know it.

The panic can be amusing but sort it out lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I haven't had to threaten to eat one of my hats yet this season in reponse to some outlandlish statement so all seems to be going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Perhaps nothing can be done about it,

But people seriously posting captain blank after 20mins and ranting about it.

I know context matters as sometimes it's a joke.

I.e you captain Sterling. Aguero 1-0 after 2mins comes across more jokingly.

But watching games at 0-0 20minutes in and reading the absolute panic is a pain in the hole.

But watching games at 0-0 20minutes in and reading the absolute panic is a pain in the hole.

It’s far and away what I hate most about the forum.

‘Captain fail’, ‘ah I was going to bring him in’, ‘he’s not scoring today’, ‘obviously not going concede here’, ‘I sold Siggy this week so he’s guaranteed to score today’. And so on and on and on and on and ****ing on.

It’s like reading through children’s posts to see what’s actually going on.

I’d gladly donate €5 to charity (up to a limit) every time a comment, similar to the ones above, gets red carded.

Maybe it’s an idea to set up a ‘jinx’ thread or ‘criers corner’ and post all that kind of ****e in there rather than clogging up the main threads with childish and asinine bile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It’s far and away what I hate most about the forum.

‘Captain fail’, ‘ah I was going to bring him in’, ‘he’s not scoring today’, ‘obviously not going concede here’, ‘I sold Siggy this week so he’s guaranteed to score today’. And so on and on and on and on and ****ing on.

It’s like reading through children’s posts to see what’s actually going on.

I’d gladly donate €5 to charity (up to a limit) every time a comment, similar to the ones above, gets red carded.

Maybe it’s an idea to set up a ‘jinx’ thread or ‘criers corner’ and post all that kind of ****e in there rather than clogging up the main threads with childish and asinine bile.

The word Jinx is also a word that should be banned :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spoke with FutureGuy about this thread and we're both in agreement.

No need for change just for the sake of it.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Advertisement