Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i sell my shotgun

• 01-09-2019 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi iv a browning over and under shotgun . Im just looking to sell it at the the moment and wondering how do i go about selling ?

If i leave it in to a dealer do i have to pay for storage etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

He will take a commission for selling it, and if it hangs about for months he will take a couple of euro per week as well.
    Stick it up on the ""for sale " section of the shooting forum hrre on Boards.
    Good photos and clear description essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    He will take a commission for selling it, and if it hangs about for months he will take a couple of euro per week as well.
    Stick it up on the ""for sale " section of the shooting forum hrre on Boards.
    Good photos and clear description essential.

Can you just sell it like that on boards?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Can you just sell it like that on boards?

Of course, as long as your licence is still current.
    If you find a buyer, they will have to fill.out the usual forms and wait for the purchase to be approved by the Gardai.
    Superintendent has to sign off on it, the process could take three weeks to six months.
    When the buyer gets his Grant letter he pays his 80 euro and when the licence arrives he can collect ffrom you.

If your licence is about to run out, you must re licence it or leave it into a firearms dealer untill the buyer is in a position to collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

My licence is out of date can i sell here still or do i have to renew .

I dont want to be in my club anymore .

Too expensive and just not getting on with the people in my club .

Get it in to a firearms dealers right away.
    You really don't need the Gardai on your case, for having an unlicenced firearm.
    Of for the sake of 80 euro, renew your licence and sell at your leisure.

• Advertisement

Ok will do . I was talking to guards today iv three months from expiry date but il drop it into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Jake5991 wrote: »
    My licence is out of date can i sell here still or do i have to renew .

I dont want to be in my club anymore .

Too expensive and just not getting on with the people in my club .

Would you try another club while you still have the gun? A good club makes all the difference.

scwazrh wrote: »
    Would you try another club while you still have the gun? A good club makes all the difference.

Honestly id love too .
    I got bullied in my last club by an indvidual so it turned me off it .
    I used to give up my spare time to look after the birds and sell tickets for the club.
    Plus the expense is too much .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Of course, as long as your licence is still current.
    If you find a buyer, they will have to fill.out the usual forms and wait for the purchase to be approved by the Gardai.
    Superintendent has to sign off on it, the process could take three weeks to six months.
    When the buyer gets his Grant letter he pays his 80 euro and when the licence arrives he can collect ffrom you.

If your licence is about to run out, you must re licence it or leave it into a firearms dealer untill the buyer is in a position to collect it.

I'd love for an United States citizen to read this :D

highdef wrote: »
    I'd love for an United States citizen to read this :D

But we have freedoms they don't have.....
    The freedom to call a Guard a bollox after a feed of drink,and to walk away from him knowing he won't shoot you or taser you and throw you in jail for disrespecting his authority.. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement