Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-75 (A10-7300) 16GB RAM FPS Drop?

Options
  • 02-09-2019 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I tried playing stranded deep on my Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-75 Notebook (A10-7300) radeon R6 with 16gb of RAM, and the amount of Lag i am getting. I set the resolution down to 800x600 with the lowest settings and the FPS is average if I set the resolution up to 1024x768 the FPS drops quite a bit, How the hell??? With 16gb of RAM I expect the game to run a bit above the average FPS with low settings, what could possibly be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I tried playing stranded deep on my Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-75 Notebook (A10-7300) radeon R6 with 16gb of RAM, and the amount of Lag i am getting. I set the resolution down to 800x600 with the lowest settings and the FPS is average if I set the resolution up to 1024x768 the FPS drops quite a bit, How the hell??? With 16gb of RAM I expect the game to run a bit above the average FPS with low settings, what could possibly be wrong?

I'd say it's not the RAM that's the problem. Is the R6 an integrated graphics? As you turn up the settings it puts more strain on the CPU and GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'd say it's not the RAM that's the problem. Is the R6 an integrated graphics? As you turn up the settings it puts more strain on the CPU and GPU.

I believe it is an integrated graphics as most of them are. But i wonder, if i am not using any settings right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I believe it is an integrated graphics as most of them are. But i wonder, if i am not using any settings right.

It says in the minimum requirements you need a GT 530. As far as I'm aware your integrated graphics is a bit below that GT530.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you're not going to have a good gaming experience on a €400 laptop, you'd need to spend around €900 to get anything decent

• Advertisement

But i dont expect it to run with a very high graphics, i want it run decent enough on a low spec settings with high fps.

But i dont expect it to run with a very high graphics, i want it run decent enough on a low spec settings with high fps.

What you want and what's achievable from the hardware are different stories though.

You wouldn't get 200mph out of a Ford Fiesta and you probably wouldn't expect it. It's not realistic to expect high FPS from a cheap machine with no dedicated GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The issue is that your hardware is sadly low-spec.
    AMD mobile processors were no good until the current generation (Ryzen 2000-series), and as shown in the review I posted earlier, that model's "graphics card" is a misnomer & it simply doesn't work very well.

No amount of RAM will fix it, I'm afraid.

"Stranded Deep needs a Iris Graphics 5100 Desktop graphics card to play on low settings, with a Core 2 Duo E6305 1.86GHz or Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ processor to reach the minimum specs, achieving 30FPS on 1080p monitor res. You should also have 2 GB system memory for min specs. You will require a DirectX 9 GPU."

There must be some sort of settings i can tweak. I am not giving up, i tried playing it on a 10 year old fujitsu lifebook a series i5 on low res settings with obs recordingand the fps seems decent the link is taken from the Fujitsu

https://youtu.be/YP-XmGtqt4M

the lenovo one is newer 3 years old and i have 16gb ram. There must be a way.

https://youtu.be/FY32Eo8OLQ8

Ok so i did a bit of searches and found this video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

https://youtu.be/FY32Eo8OLQ8

Ok so i did a bit of searches and found this video.

Some random video with no FPS counter?

The issue is your laptop, it's too slow. The R6 is slower than the HD5100 listed as the minimum requirements, so 800x600 to get OK framerate sounds right? Ram has nothing to do with it. It's the super low-end integrated graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Plug in.

If you're on battery the "Crossfire" setup on the laptop will only use half the graphical power. You have very little so halving it doesnt help.

Advertisement