Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm liking Joy Crookes. She played Other Voices in Dingle. Don't suppose anyone saw that?

No, just read up on her. Her Dad is Irish, Mam from Bangladesh. Very proud of her roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are people at all concerned about this not happening now?

Glastonbury is set to be cancelled, it take about 10 weeks to set up for Glasto. Skeleton crew starts on the basic infrastructure of boundary fencing , trackways etc.

Doubt that they will go much further than that. Doesn't make sense to spend all the money setting up for it to be called off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Are people at all concerned about this not happening now?....

Everyone is concerned that it might not happen but we have to proceed with the assumption that it will.

It's 172 sleeps away, a lot can happen in that time, we could wind up drawing straws to see whose turn is it to **** off wee daniel for the next song by the time september comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Glastonbury is set to be cancelled, it take about 10 weeks to set up for Glasto. Skeleton crew starts on the basic infrastructure of boundary fencing , trackways etc.

Doubt that they will go much further than that. Doesn't make sense to spend all the money setting up for it to be called off

If it takes ten weeks for EP, I'm sure they'll wait til mid june

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

All hopes of my summer gigs are gone but sept seems so so far away that I have hope. But then this is all so unknown

With the way the line up is I actually couldn’t care if they all cancelled.
    Throw together Dublin gospel choir, sing along social, trailer park and mother djs for the three days and I’d have an amazing weekend!

Oh and curry cheese and chips

I think by the time sept comes around we are going to be absolutely gagging for ep!

Stay safe everyone

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh and curry cheese and chips

that sounds utterly disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Don't knock it till you try it.

Who said it was set to be cancelled? Only news I can find about it is the lineup that came out 3 days ago.

You havnt lived Scruff

Snarky Snark Snark

You havnt lived Scruff

oh i have, i just try to live without eating something that sounds like it would smell like 4 day unwashed ballbag.

• Advertisement

oh i have, i just try to live without eating something that sounds like it would smell like 4 day unwashed ballbag.

Chill!!!

I have faith you will be sending the infamous 1 more sleep post in a few months

Was expecting it, but my first big gig of this year was postponed/cancelled today. Planet Earth 2 with an orchestra in the three arena. It would have been amazing! Ah well we will live in hope the body and soul will be ok.

endainoz wrote: »
    Was expecting it, but my first big gig of this year was postponed/cancelled today. Planet Earth 2 with an orchestra in the three arena. It would have been amazing! Ah well we will live in hope the body and soul will be ok.

Oh wow that would have been amazing
    What I’m feeling about all the cancellations is that no one can go, so it’s making it easier and unable to have fomo.

Snarky Snark Snark

Chill!!!

I have faith you will be sending the infamous 1 more sleep post in a few months

I am looking forward to that. My gig going this month has been nuked. The who and elbow both gone bye bye.

I am looking forward to that. My gig going this month has been nuked. The who and elbow both gone bye bye.

The new elbow has been so good. I love them live so I’m hoping with any rescheduling I can go

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Thinking about things here... and forgive me for jumping on someone else's ideas, but I want to reiterate because it's important. This is not my idea.
    The current situation calls for something.
    Some of us may still be getting paid and are probably not spending it as we normally would, so there may be a bit of surplus there, if you will. Perhaps buy something from an artist, preferably an upcoming one, Irish or international, doesn't matter, because these are our future.
    Or better still, get a few drinks in ya, and buy all around! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

sweetie wrote: »
    If it takes ten weeks for EP, I'm sure they'll wait til mid june

4-5, Build starts first week august usually. However the arenas bigger this year so they may start earlier.

Snarky Snark Snark

The new elbow has been so good. I love them live so I’m hoping with any rescheduling I can go

June 29th apparently. Hoping that it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seen on FB Google earth is updated, new images taken sometime after the 2019 festival, all that remains are some of the stage tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Have been away for 2 weeks.

What have I missed?

• Advertisement

Grab a can, give this a spin

https://youtu.be/4yxhByo9UmQ

Snarky Snark Snark

Have been away for 2 weeks.

What have I missed?

Not much, been pretty quiet really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Glastonbury announcement by end of day. Like I thought unfortunate. Still fingers crossed for EP

Not much, been pretty quiet really.

Thanks ... saves me scrolling back over an unusually large nuber of pages.

/s

Glastonbury announcement by end of day. Like I thought unfortunate. Still fingers crossed for EP

I'm afraid you could be correct. Body and soul will surely follow now too.

Post from Glastonbury;

We are so sorry to announce this, but Glastonbury 2020 will have to be cancelled, and this will be an enforced fallow year for the Festival.

Clearly this was not a course of action we hoped to take for our 50th anniversary event, but following the new government measures announced this week - and in times of such unprecedented uncertainty - this is now our only viable option.

We very much hope that the situation in the UK will have improved enormously by the end of June. But even if it has, we are no longer able to spend the next three months with thousands of crew here on the farm, helping us with the enormous job of building the infrastructure and attractions needed to welcome more than 200,000 people to a temporary city in these fields.

We would like to send our sincere apologies to the 135,000 people who have already paid a deposit for a Glastonbury 2020 ticket. The balance payments on those tickets were due at the beginning of April and we wanted to make a firm decision before then.

We understand that it is not always easy to secure a Glastonbury ticket, which is why we would like to offer all those people the chance to roll their £50 deposit over to next year, and guarantee the opportunity to buy a ticket for Glastonbury 2021. Those who would prefer a refund of that £50 will be able to contact See Tickets in the coming days in order to secure that. This option will remain available until September this year. For those who are happy to roll their deposit over, that will happen automatically. Further information - including details on rolling over coach packages, official accommodation bookings and local Sunday tickets - will be added to our website in the coming days.

The cancellation of this year's Festival will no doubt come as a terrible blow to our incredible crew and volunteers who work so hard to make this event happen. There will also inevitably be severe financial implications as a result of this cancellation - not just for us, but also the Festival's charity partners, suppliers, traders, local landowners and our community.

We were so looking forward to welcoming you all for our 50th anniversary with a line-up full of fantastic artists and performers that we were incredibly proud to have booked. Again, we're so sorry that this decision has been made. It was not through choice. But we look forward to welcoming you back to these fields next year and until then, we send our love and support to all of you.

Michael & Emily

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Post from Glastonbury;

We are so sorry to announce this, but Glastonbury 2020 will have to be cancelled, and this will be an enforced fallow year for the Festival.

Michael & Emily

Sad, but inevitable ... EP should be safe. B&S might try postpone, ATN might be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Sad, but inevitable ... EP should be safe. B&S might try postpone, ATN might be OK.

They will all be cancelled.

Sad for any of ye that were going to glastonbury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

We might see a lot more of this as Endainoz predicted. Not a great fan of the Dropkick Murphys but they went a ahead with their Boston St. Paddy's Day gig (without the crowd) and streamed it live last night. Watched a bit and actually not too bad. I guess I'm going through withdrawal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement