Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭dav09

Wooderson wrote: »
    They will all be cancelled.

China, Korea and Japan are good indicators, those countries depending on their approach is looking on track for this to last 2 - 4 months. We're about 2 weeks in, so it should die down by latest maybe mid-July worst case scenario it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »
    Sad for any of ye that were going to glastonbury.

Thanks, but not a great hassle really as the ticket rolls over. Unsure if I'd have gone even if it proceeded. No way it would have been safe given the actions of the UK govt.

2021 could be very good indeed if it goes ahead. Next Winter's Covid-19 could wreck that also. At this stage EP has a greater chance of happening than Glasto 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

dav09 wrote: »
    China, Korea and Japan are good indicators, those countries depending on their approach is looking on track for this to last 2 - 4 months. We're about 2 weeks in, so it should die down by latest maybe mid-July worst case scenario it looks.

None of them are fair comparisons though are they? Country wont be able to spare the resources to run any large events. EP should cancel today and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    We might see a lot more of this as Endainoz predicted. Not a great fan of the Dropkick Murphys but they went a ahead with their Boston St. Paddy's Day gig (without the crowd) and streamed it live last night. Watched a bit and actually not too bad. I guess I'm going through withdrawal.

I actually watched a bit of it myself, only so much of the shouty Bawston stuff I could take though. The fields of athenry was my cue to switch off.

I watched a live stream of the grand ol opry on Saturday night and I actually enjoyed it.

Yes that's right I'm a bit of a fan of classic country, who wants to fight me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    I actually watched a bit of it myself, only so much of the shouty Bawston stuff I could take though. The fields of athenry was my cue to switch off.

I watched a live stream of the grand ol opry on Saturday night and I actually enjoyed it.

Same here. Looked at a few mins today and they did an inexplicable version of You'll Never Walk Alone. They're probably a pretty appalling band.

Mind you I still love I'm Shipping Up To Boston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nothing wrong with classic country.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I watched some of it as well. I appreciated the initiative more than the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I read on the ep banter page there is an EP update due before the end of the week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I read on the ep banter page there is an EP update due before the end of the week!!

They couldn't even spell "ment", I'm not believing a thing until I get an e-mail confirmation.

I do despise bukeface and their c*ntish business model and it's damage to society but I do approve of this
    https://www.facebook.com/RaversBazaar/videos/222629175761162/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Judging by the pure ignorance of Benn at the launch. It will be much of nothing

• Advertisement

Surely there are better sources for EP news on this thread than that shagging Banter page?

I'd say if true, it'll be in the same vein as the body and soul announcement yesterday. Basically saying 'were monitoring the situation' and giving no real info.

I see pink moon are issuing refunds for any canceled festivals today also. Let's hope we don't get included in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I see the Nick Cave gig has been rescheduled (no new date fixed yet).
    Plenty more of that to come i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Obviously the biggest risk is bands cancelling their own tours and the knock on affects of that. I'd say it's ridiculously hard to remobilise. A logistical nightmare.

They couldn't even spell "ment", I'm not believing a thing until I get an e-mail confirmation.

I do despise bukeface and their c*ntish business model and it's damage to society but I do approve of this
    https://www.facebook.com/RaversBazaar/videos/222629175761162/

To be honest I really despise that page, but just cant bring myself to unfollow it incase I miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

To be honest I really despise that page, but just cant bring myself to unfollow it incase I miss out.

Had to use google to find it, don’t use bukeface, it is indeed a terrible site and page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

On an entirely different note, Seán Scully the artist featuring in a documentary on RTE at the moment, reminds me very much of James McGovern from the Murder Capital.

Lads I'll never take a live gig for granted again!

Lads I'll never take a live gig for granted again!

I was in the car earlier for my daily 'break free' Sky was blue, sun glasses on and chems on 2fm... all I could think was this better f.u.c.k.i.n.g f.u.ck da f.u.c.k up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Over on the virus thread they're talking about sorting out teenagers, I think I sniff an opportunity to contract out our considerable expertise and experience.

Poorside wrote: »
    Over on the virus thread they're talking about sorting out teenagers, I think I sniff an opportunity to contract out our considerable expertise and experience.

Start the car, Poorside. I'll get me tshirt.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Start the car, Poorside. I'll get me tshirt.

On the way.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/20-concert-films-stream-self-quarantining/

Nice list of stuff here, some aren't available on Irish Netflix but I'm sure lads have ways. The story of Anvil should be on this list too, such an uplifting documentary.

I'm finally getting around to watching Searching for Sugar Man myself.

Nice list of stuff here, some aren't available on Irish Netflix but I'm sure lads have ways. The story of Anvil should be on this list too, such an uplifting documentary.

That's a bloody great doc.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,618 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Poorside wrote: »
    That's a bloody great doc.

Agreed, I had no idea of that story till I watched that doc and I was blown away.

Now in a huge fan

Haven't seen a lot of those available on Netflix so that's probably US Netflix.
    But The 2 killings of Sam Cooke is absolutely brilliant, and The evolution of hip hop is well worth a few hours, especially the episode on Eminem and Ceeloo green

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Agreed, I had no idea of that story till I watched that doc and I was blown away.

Now in a huge fan

You can add me to that list of fans, what a story!

You can add me to that list of fans, what a story!

It's brilliant, such a mad story that you couldn't script it, and what a song writer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

On a similar note, I just watched True Stories after putting it off for so long. It's both terrible and brilliant at the same time. I smiled during the wild wild life scene, and the last time I smiled was when Duran Duran played White Lines unexpectedly at the main stage in 2017.

On a similar note, I just watched True Stories after putting it off for so long. It's both terrible and brilliant at the same time. I smiled during the wild wild life scene, and the last time I smiled was when Duran Duran played White Lines unexpectedly at the main stage in 2017.

Jaysus, Johnny, I had you down as a guy who enjoyed life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Jaysus, Johnny, I had you down as a guy who enjoyed life.

I have. On at least 4 occasions. We're here for a long time, not a good time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement