Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wrong thread

Not at all. It's very relevant given that they are starting to push out gigs into the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Not at all. It's very relevant given that they are starting to push out gigs into the new year.

Definitely relevant, but that could just be Mr Gray's schedule

Quite a few gigs being rearranged for September. Granted, small venues a lot of them

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

maximoose wrote: »
    Definitely relevant, but that could just be Mr Gray's schedule

Quite a few gigs being rearranged for September. Granted, small venues a lot of them

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

Very true. It must be an absolute logistical nightmare trying to reschedule all those postponed gigs, especially when there's no guaranteed finish to all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Now that the extension has been officially made to April 29th, we’l have another lash of postponements. Many smaller gigs have already been moved, or cancelled.

The Sunmer Euro touring circuit, impacts EP, but so far has there been any July/August festival cancellations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

Dua Lipa gigs in 3 Arena scheduled for 18th 19th June now re-scheduled to 8th / 9th Jan 2021.

(Reschedule news came before the extension of the restrictions this afternoon)

Edit: just spotted the MCD deferred gigs list posted above. Listed on that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

fafy wrote: »
    Now that the extension has been officially made to April 29th, we’l have another lash of postponements. Many smaller gigs have already been moved, or cancelled.

The Sunmer Euro touring circuit, impacts EP, but so far has there been any July/August festival cancellations ?

The Fleadh Ceoil has been called off from August (see ATN thread). However, that can attract far more people than even EP, with more international visitors, a somewhat older age profile (I'd say) and is in a town. Not sure if all those factors make a difference:

https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/home/527869/decision-made-on-fleadh-cheoil-2020-in-mullingar-due-to-covid-19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

The Fleadh Ceoil has been called off from August (see ATN thread). However, that can attract far more people than even EP, with more international visitors, a somewhat older age profile (I'd say) and is in a town. Not sure if all those factors make a difference:

https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/home/527869/decision-made-on-fleadh-cheoil-2020-in-mullingar-due-to-covid-19.html

The biggest difference with the fleadh is that the competitions to qualify for it are cancelled as well. Each county has a fleadh earlier in the summer, then each province has their own and then the all Ireland fleadh.

It had no chance really, and yes over the course of the week there would have been bigger numbers for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »
    The biggest difference with the fleadh is that the competitions to qualify for it are cancelled as well. Each county has a fleadh earlier in the summer, then each province has their own and then the all Ireland fleadh.

It had no chance really, and yes over the course of the week there would have been bigger numbers for sure.

EP fans here responding to posts claiming it will be cancelled

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478b15aef2f7540f48bd14562ba93f5dc1afc79cfd&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Im sure there were peeps on the Titanic that steadfastly refused to leave before dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wooderson wrote: »
    Im sure there were peeps on the Titanic that steadfastly refused to leave before dessert.
    Anyone else picturing Scruff and BD in the iconic pose singing 'My heart will go on' as the Salty Dog gradually sinks into the mud?

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »

This reminds me of 2013 when some ejit was so adamant that it wasnt going ahead he took a bet with one of the regulars here. Of course there was no payout if I remember rightly? I'm not quite as confident yet, but encouraging signs are there, talk of the GAA season coming back in late June but it's still much too early to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This reminds me of 2013 when some ejit was so adamant that it wasnt going ahead he took a bet with one of the regulars here. Of course there was no payout if I remember rightly? I'm not quite as confident yet, but encouraging signs are there, talk of the GAA season coming back in late June but it's still much too early to tell.

When a blind man cries, there ain't no sadder tale chief. Agreed.

No point in speculation at this point. It's pretty much useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Anyone else picturing Scruff and BD in the iconic pose singing 'My heart will go on' as the Salty Dog gradually sinks into the mud?

C’mon, credit me with just a little taste please, Gloria Gaynors I will survive would be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Neighbourhood Weekender festival in the UK rescheduled from late May to EP weekend in September. EP still possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

Neighbourhood Weekender rescheduled from May 23rd/24th to Sept, same weekend as EP.

That has to be encouraging...right guys??

(Neighbourhood Weekender has Fontaines DC & The Murder Capital scheduled for the Saturday 5th. Inhaler scheduled for Sunday 6th.
    Rules them out being added for those days anyway if they are to be added to the EP lineup.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What ever happened to the guy from Donegal on here a few years back, that was adamant he could drive his car into the camp site to leave off the heavy stuff, then drive back out ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    What ever happened to the guy from Donegal on here a few years back, that was adamant he could drive his car into the camp site to leave off the heavy stuff, then drive back out ;);)

Oh ya I R.E.M. that!!!

This really made me lol on twitter!

https://twitter.com/followthelaoide/status/1243238209158549512?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

C’mon, credit me with just a little taste please, Gloria Gaynors I will survive would be more appropriate.

Not so appropriate on the Titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not so appropriate on the Titanic.

There's room on the door for me, BD... not so much,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh ya I R.E.M. that!!!

This really made me lol on twitter!

https://twitter.com/followthelaoide/status/1243238209158549512?s=21

I might sign up to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

LilNiall wrote: »
    Neighbourhood Weekender festival in the UK rescheduled from late May to EP weekend in September. EP still possible!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was a fairly stupid statement to make at the time. Looks even worse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hes some bellend in fairness.

Small bit confused, who's that quote from?

Melvin Benn, MD of Festival republic. Said it at the launch of EP this year.

Oh yeah, well hindsight and all that I suppose.

Oh yeah, well hindsight and all that I suppose.

He said that on the 11th. Schools were closed on the 12th. China and Italy were already overwhelmed with the virus by then. It was a stupid thing to say even then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

Probably more suitable to the ATN/FF threads, but First Aid Kit did a live gig from one of their apartments:

Could they not have turned the phone to landscape?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement