Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That would actually be a happy weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Throw in The Vulpynes,Inhaler, Touts,Powpig, The lost Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Fionn Regan
    Rosie Carney
    Joshua Burnside
    A Lazarus Soul
    Lankum
    David Kitt
    Jape

Loads more besides. We're bursting with talent sure!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont forget The Scratch & All Tvvins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Aoife Nessa Frances
    Malojian
    Elephant
    Larry
    Just Mustard
    Careerist
    Squarehead
    Tandem Felix
    Biig Piig
    R. kitt
    Silverbacks
    Shrug life
    Loner Deluxe
    Bellx1
    Join me in the pines
    Neosupervital
    Arborist
    Seamus fogarty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Apex Twin
    Bicep
    Mano le Tough
    New Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Am I the only one that is thinking most of these Irish acts are pretty average? What a dull weekend it would be (for me anyway).

Also a few Norn Iron acts in there, so is it island of Ireland, or RoI?

Edit: Don't mind me, I'm getting grumpy from isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    U2 -(they've visited the festival and may play someday)
    Van Morrison
    Freddie White
    Talos
    SOAK
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Roisin Murphy
    Horslips
    Clannad
    Daoiri Farrell
    Glen Hansard
    The Frames
    Aslan
    Girl Band
    Finbar Furey
    The Undertones
    Frank & Walters
    An Emotional Fish
    Sultans of Ping
    Kila
    Something Happens
    Mik Pyro
    Villagers
    Chieftans
    A House
    Moving Hearts
    etc, etc

It may not please the kids but we'd do alright.

No Fontaines DC???? there's a bunch of world class irish DJs you could add to that as well. Fish Go Deep, New Jackson, Neil Flynn, Sunil Sharpe, Mano Le Tough, Kettama, Kelly Ann Byrne, Aoife O Neil etc It would actually be a really solid lineup and you wouldn't need any of the scutter like coronas, picture this etc. Oh and Cian Finn for some reggae. Id buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MadYaker wrote: »
    No Fontaines DC???? there's a bunch of world class irish DJs you could add to that as well. Fish Go Deep, New Jackson, Neil Flynn, Sunil Sharpe, Mano Le Tough, Kettama, Kelly Ann Byrne, Aoife O Neil etc It would actually be a really solid lineup and you wouldn't need any of the scutter like coronas, picture this etc. Oh and Cian Finn for some reggae. Id buy a ticket.

Add Kila and I will be there ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Am I the only one that is thinking most of these Irish acts are pretty average? What a dull weekend it would be (for me anyway).

Hozier (headlined last year)
    Dermot Kennedy (headlined last year)
    Kodaline
    Wild Youth
    The Coronas
    Picture This (one of the actual headliners)
    Gavin James
    Versatile (don't like them myself)

would all be there, zero chance 70k go to see some of the line ups mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Don't want 70k there to be honest. 55k felt crowded to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

showpony1 wrote: »
    would all be there, zero chance 70k go to see some of the line ups mentioned above.

You must remember it's sold out already, and I wouldn't see much of a chance of people rushing to sell their tickets after a summer of no gigs. Of course this is all hypothetical.

Bottom line is that we have a huge amount of talent in this country. We're very lucky really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

endainoz wrote: »
    You must remember it's sold out already, and I wouldn't see much of a chance of people rushing to sell their tickets after a summer of no gigs. Of course this is all hypothetical.

Bottom line is that we have a huge amount of talent in this country. We're very lucky really.

haha i know but people are leaving out Picture This hypothetically when they are already announced as an Irish headliner!
    it's hard to imagine being on a weekend like that right now with the life we are currently leading!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »

Fontaines were on the first list by the OP. There was then a second list by endainoz followed by mine and several others, all with different acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Also a few Norn Iron acts in there, so is it island of Ireland, or RoI?

Edit: Don't mind me, I'm getting grumpy from isolation.

Get some exercise...it'll give you a sense of enormous well-being!

Snarky Snark Snark

Get some exercise...it'll give you a sense of enormous well-being!

He could feed the pigeons.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

He could feed the pigeons.

Avoiding all work
    Cos theres none available

*different song, I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Dont forget The Scratch & All Tvvins
    Or....

Murder Capital
    Fontaines DC
    Pillow Queens
    Dathai
    King Kong Company
    The Waterboys
    Sinead O Connor
    Ash
    etc
    endainoz wrote: »
    Great list there no doubt. This could be a fun game to pick an all Irish lineup.

I'd take all of the above and add:

Kneecap, Paul Brady, MBV, Therapy?, The Stunning, Christy Moore, Imelda may, Damien Dempsey, Moxie, The Bonny Men, The Scratch, Lisa Hannigan, Ships, Bitch Falcon, Boomtown Rats.

We have more than enough in this country to fill a great festival lineup. You also have the mainstream stuff like Hozier or Snow Patrol etc
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    U2 -(they've visited the festival and may play someday)
    Van Morrison
    Freddie White
    Talos
    SOAK
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Roisin Murphy
    Horslips
    Clannad
    Daoiri Farrell
    Glen Hansard
    The Frames
    Aslan
    Girl Band
    Finbar Furey
    The Undertones
    Frank & Walters
    An Emotional Fish
    Sultans of Ping
    Kila
    Something Happens
    Mik Pyro
    Villagers
    Chieftans
    A House
    Moving Hearts
    etc, etc

It may not please the kids but we'd do alright.
    Poorside wrote: »
    Throw in The Vulpynes,Inhaler, Touts,Powpig, The lost Brothers
    Fionn Regan
    Rosie Carney
    Joshua Burnside
    A Lazarus Soul
    Lankum
    David Kitt
    Jape

Loads more besides. We're bursting with talent sure!
    sweetie wrote: »
    Aoife Nessa Frances
    Malojian
    Elephant
    Larry
    Just Mustard
    Careerist
    Squarehead
    Tandem Felix
    Biig Piig
    R. kitt
    Silverbacks
    Shrug life
    Loner Deluxe
    Bellx1
    Join me in the pines
    Neosupervital
    Arborist
    Seamus fogarty
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    Apex Twin
    Bicep
    Mano le Tough
    New Jackson

So nobody's inviting Cathy Davey? Ye shower of feckers. There's a three-legged dog crying himself to sleep somewhere tonight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    So nobody's inviting Cathy Davey? Ye shower of feckers. There's a three-legged dog crying himself to sleep somewhere tonight.

Shes the surprise late headliner announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Shes the surprise late headliner announcement

With Neil Hannon and Pugwash !

• Advertisement

Can i add Makings to the list? Great fun gigs!

Also Bad Bones, if shes still touring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm bringing David Keenan, AE Mak and Thumper, just so their feelings aren't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Altered Hours for good measure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Overhead The Albatross (if they're still together)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Festival republic still hoping for this to go ahead no decision made as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

Where have you seen that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The cynic in me thinks they will hold onto the money for as long as possible.

Should it come to the thing we dont want to speak about...;
    • Is EP exposed? I assume covid will trigger some sort of Force majeure and festival republic will get a refund on deposit for artist bookings?
    •What's the ticketbastard policy on refund of booking fee? I bought two tickets and two early entrys, like 6-7 odd fee x4.

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The cynic in me thinks they will hold onto the money for as long as possible.

Should it come to the thing we dont want to speak about...;
    • Is EP exposed? I assume covid will trigger some sort of Force majeure and festival republic will get a refund on deposit for artist bookings?
    •What's the ticketbastard policy on refund of booking fee? I bought two tickets and two early entrys, like 6-7 odd fee x4.

I think there's probably an element of those, I'd wonder also if their insurance comes into play in that they have to be told not to stage the event before they can announce that it's cancelled till the next year.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    11.2 Cancellation: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is cancelled in full (and not rescheduled), your order will be cancelled, and you will be refunded the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages, plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. If you have purchased Tickets or Packages for an event takes place over several days and one or more days (but not all days) are cancelled, you may only be offered a proportionate partial refund.

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

I think that means just the ticket price is refunded, but not the booking fee. However, to be fair to them, smaller ticket agents or direct sales would rely on the promoter refunding the money.

I assume Festival Republic are in good financial health, what with making 1m plus on the picnic each year

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I assume Festival Republic are in good financial health, what with making 1m plus on the picnic each year

One would hope so if their insurance pays out but it's gonna be a massive hit for them if all their festivals are killed stone dead in a single year, that's a big ask for any events company.
    Even if they themselves escape unscathed, a lot of their suppliers could go to the wall with one really bad season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement