Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Absolutely. EP or bust for Gaz and the boys.

True, they're obviously in it for the money so EP has to be the front runner

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kar1000

First time going, and looking to stay in pink moon. Should we get camping tickets first and then pink moon or vice versa?

Kar1000 wrote: »
    First time going, and looking to stay in pink moon. Should we get camping tickets first and then pink moon or vice versa?

Get your EP tickets first.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Reformed bands - Supergrass and Pavement back. Be nice to get at least one at EP. And who else over the next few years?

Smiths - would honestly prefer not to see it. Leave their legacy as it is and hope that Moz heads off to a hermit life on the Shetlands.
    Talking Heads - nothing, but nothing, could match this.
    Green on Red - has occasionally happened and overdue another outing.
    Sugarcubes - Bjork has done it once (2006) but alas unlikely for another while.
    Tubeway Army - Gary, get the band together for the old stuff.
    And many, many more.

For retro stuff isn't it beyond time that FR booked some from Moving Hearts, SLF, the House of Love, Heaven 17, Roni Size, Ultravox & Blacmange?

This means nothing to me.

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    This means nothing to me.

Oh vienetta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    True, they're obviously in it for the money so EP has to be the front runner

I see what you did there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not sure the crowd at Indie would really appreciate Supergrass - it's a real post-Leaving Cert/early college festival. Most of that lot wouldn't been alive when Supergrass last had a top ten single!

Maybe, but that same demographic was roaring along to The Strokes last weekend. Word perfectly. And the headliners at Indiependence over the past six years have included Ash, De La Soul, Primal Scream, the Manics and Public Enemy.

Supergrass not out of place there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LyndaW

can 2 people use the one discount code

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

LyndaW wrote: »
    can 2 people use the one discount code

No, but you can buy two tickets with your code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    For retro stuff isn't it beyond time that FR booked some from Moving Hearts, SLF, the House of Love, Heaven 17, Roni Size, Ultravox & Blacmange?

One would have thought and wasn't it discussed on this or last year's thread.

For some reason those acts are getting shunted onto those tacky 80s festivals yet they're playing a blinder live.

I saw Thomas Dolby at Let's Rock Exeter earlier this year and he was perfect for EA early evening or Main Stage afternoon.

The Human League headlined Exeter and literally the ground shook.

Given EP is still marketed as "Electric" one would expect a nod to the early days of synth.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Was it free flow as normal this year outside the main arena and after the main stage finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Was it free flow as normal this year outside the main arena and after the main stage finished?

Yes and No.

They moved the main arena boundary so previously free flow areas like Salty Dog and Trenchtown were so no longer.

The whole place was free flow once all the bars closed - forget what time that was but was pretty late (midnight perhaps Friday and Sunday, later Saturday).

We found smuggling a few cans in fairly easy on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 esioal

I have a 2 or less code that I won’t be using if anybody would like it? PM me and I’ll send it on.

Edit : gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Is pink moon 20 for sale yet or will it be once the EP tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

On sale same time as Tix i.e. 9 bells

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Same time as the tickets, per the email they sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

Good luck in the scramble all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Maybe, but that same demographic was roaring along to The Strokes last weekend. Word perfectly. And the headliners at Indiependence over the past six years have included Ash, De La Soul, Primal Scream, the Manics and Public Enemy.

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Supergrass not out of place there.

Very true, lineup depending I'll be hopefully going back to indie for 2020 and they do try to keep their indie type roots. I remember hearing the interview with the head booker on the Irish music industry podcast and that's basically what he said. There are certainly a lot of young people but they do try to cater to the indie type crowd too. Hence headliners like Biffy Clyro, Primal Scream etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I wonder how much of my life I've spent watching Ticketmaster countdown clocks!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Refresh...Refresh...Refresh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

once more unto the breach my friends.

see you on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Good luck, folks. May justice prevail!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Queue at Jervis in Dublin is massive in case anybody was looking to come here. About 60+ people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ticketmaster website was slow enough to load the box for the loyalty code there. but waiting in queue now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ticketmaster website was slow enough to load the box for the loyalty code there. but waiting in queue now

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Same

they forgot to wind up their server

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

waiting patiently in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭champchamp

Got 2 there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Aarrrrggghhg! Come on!!!!

This discussion has been closed.