Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

As a concession to the global pandemic of epic and uncharted proportions, I have started washing my hands at least once a week.

I've been washing my hands so much they've taken the texture of a psoriasis riddled crocodile's ball bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I've been washing my hands so much they've taken the texture of a psoriasis riddled crocodile's ball bag.
    Me too. I am now using recommended benzo-something-or-other cream from the chemist.
    Putting my hands near hot water feels like a blood rush... like... an amazing feeling (think sex).. but painful too... :confused: Weirdest sh*t ever...
    I'm on the doctors radar for sure.. last year was strange enough.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Well that escalated quickly!

:D
    I over-empathised..
    (But it is the weirdest sh*t ever)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

*taps screen*

Hello?
    Is this thing on...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

they could treat it like they tackled people bringing in speakers last year - just asking if you have one in your bag on way in and waving you in when said no.

"Do you have Corona?"
    "No"
    "Go ahead."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

showpony1 wrote: »
    they could treat it like they tackled people bringing in speakers last year - just asking if you have one in your bag on way in and waving you in when said no.

"Do you have Corona?"
    "No"
    "Go ahead."

We'll soon be swapping ways of getting it in in a Capri sun pouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Simon Harris: social distancing part of Irish life until vaccine available

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/ET8oBZ

That's it officially ****ed now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Any festivals in Sweden..?? Probably need a mortgage but im desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

On a knife edge at present

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Any festivals in Sweden..?? Probably need a mortgage but im desperate!

The Swedes are backtracking fast on their handling of this, they'll be having **** all till next summer at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

2020 EP lineup was ****e anyway. Good riddance to that crap. Saved by a global pandemic.

Maybe as a silver lining, some epic acts will reform and tour in 2021. Taking Heads, get your act together ffs.

What I'm trying to say is... Let's just talk about music.

Who would you like to reform and play EP21?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

2020 EP lineup was ****e anyway. Good riddance to that crap. Saved by a global pandemic.

Maybe as a silver lining, some epic acts will reform and tour in 2021. Taking Heads, get your act together ffs.

Rage against the....oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Maybe Rage come back in 2021 and play their own headline show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

RATM would have been incred. Hopefully Melvin can work his magic and get them back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Here's to 2021 guys

The weather forecast isnt good for that weekend anyways. A washout.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Rfrip wrote: »
    Here's to 2021 guys

The weather forecast isnt good for that weekend anyways. A washout.

If EP doesn't go ahead, Kinara's restaurant will be overwhelmed with 70,000 orders that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Sugarcubes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Dance Hall Crashers

EP has been seriously lacking in the ska punk category since forever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Mr.S wrote: »
    I need to find the guy who sells bread full of warm cheese.

*drool*

Cheesy bread.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djwu4k-X0AAMbz0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Luke O'Neill the renowned immunologist seems to be more upbeat in his tweets & articles than Harris, whose qualifications on such matters are uncertain.

O'Neill has been banging the drum for the BCG as a stop-gap until a Covid-specific vaccine is ready. "I predict that if the trials are positive (c3 months from now), BCG will be the first approved vaccine for COVID19."

Also tweeted re this http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-03-27-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-programme-opens-clinical-trial-recruitment that the group involved were 'reputable' and that said group was optimistic that the vaccine would be ready by Sept.

So I suppose my motto is 'keep the faith'.

Snarky Snark Snark

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sure why not vaccinate everyone on arrival to EP, kill 2 birds with one stone kinda thing.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Pohoda, the Slovak festival I've been to a couple of times is off. Was scheduled for 8-10 July and the promoter said he's hearing the same plans for postponement from other European festivals.

An air of inevitability for us alas. At this stage I'd be happy with smaller outdoor stuff going ahead (Galway Arts Fest, Trinity, Iveagh Gardens, etc) but it's difficult to see us getting much, if any, music this Summer.

Snarky Snark Snark

I’m assuming the earliest event I’ll get to actually see will be the re-rescheduled elbow gig in October (if all goes well)

Have tix for crowded house in July but assuming that’s gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

I’m assuming the earliest event I’ll get to actually see will be the re-rescheduled elbow gig in October (if all goes well)

Have tix for crowded house in July but assuming that’s gone too.

Ffs I had forgotten about the crowded house gig I probably won't be going to. Four gigs/festivals planned for June as it stands. I'd say body and soul has a small chance the others not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pohoda, the Slovak festival I've been to a couple of times is off. Was scheduled for 8-10 July and the promoter said he's hearing the same plans for postponement from other European festivals.

An air of inevitability for us alas. At this stage I'd be happy with smaller outdoor stuff going ahead (Galway Arts Fest, Trinity, Iveagh Gardens, etc) but it's difficult to see us getting much, if any, music this Summer.

How big in numbers would Pohoda be? It's probably the eternal optimist in me but if we assume large scale events are off, you could have loads of smaller ones going ahead, say less than 5,000 attendance, or it could just be all off and forget about it. I'm not quite at that point yet, but a bit of clarity from the government regarding gatherings of people would be nice.

Germany hoping to start relaxing laws for events and concerts by September.

Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Ffs I had forgotten about the crowded house gig I probably won't be going to. Four gigs/festivals planned for June as it stands. I'd say body and soul has a small chance the others not so much.

B&S has a smaller chance of happening than I do of being able to grow a prehensile tail to hold me pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There’s zero chance of body and soul happening this year but they’ve just put up a post Facebook saying they aren’t cancelling yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement