Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

MadYaker wrote: »
    There’s zero chance of body and soul happening this year but they’ve just put up a post Facebook saying they aren’t cancelling yet.
    I wonder would that be to do with people looking for refunds?

And the obvious insurance issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    How big in numbers would Pohoda be? It's probably the eternal optimist in me but if we assume large scale events are off, you could have loads of smaller ones going ahead, say less than 5,000 attendance, or it could just be all off and forget about it. I'm not quite at that point yet, but a bit of clarity from the government regarding gatherings of people would be nice.

Pohoda is 30,000. Largest fest in Slovakia. In terms of EP the artists playing there are likely to just call off the rest of their tour when they've a fair few festivals cancelled. EP would be at the tail end of many artist's touring schedules and we may have had some crossover with Pohoda, Glasto and others that have already postponed to 2021.

Pohoda had Thom Yorke, Black Midi, Kevin Morby, Stormzy, Libertines, FKA Twigs, Floating Points, Metronomy, Wolf Alice, Richie Hawtin, Slowthai, etc. Ujnsure if any were Stradbally-bound but if so that's a few more artists with curtailed tours. I expect many bands will now want to write this Summer off and instead focus on Autumn or 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Pukkelpop has been cancelled and its a couple weeks before EP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Interesting - "Ticketmaster quietly changed its terms last week so that it would only deem cancelled events eligible for refunds."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pukkelpop has been cancelled and its a couple weeks before EP :(

So you're saying we have a few more weeks before they make a decision on E.P.?

I'll take it

nc6000 wrote: »
    Interesting - "Ticketmaster quietly changed its terms last week so that it would only deem cancelled events eligible for refunds."

But what were the terms when you bought the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

With social distancing here to stay EP is a dead duck. Unless of course social distancing isn't really here to stay. The gov have made a few predictions now that have turned out to be wrong so who knows. The current situation is so massively unpredictable thats its hard to say what its going to be like in september. If we have tested everybody by then social distancing might not be totally necessary but id say they will more than likely cancel it soon and let people carry over tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ticketmaster in ireland can't do this due to EU law, if they change the date you can get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Just got notice Rock im Park is cancelled. All gigs off in Germany until 31st of August at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Looks like nothing will be going ahead festival wise this summer. Seems like large gatherings are a no go until we have a vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

everlast75 wrote: »

I'll take it

i admire you're eternal optimism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rfrip wrote: »
    i admire you're eternal optimism :)

It's badly needed in here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Looks like nothing will be going ahead festival wise this summer. Seems like large gatherings are a no go until we have a vaccine

well. that's put a right damper on my birthday orgy...

(and by orgy I mean just me, even my hands are social distancing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

everlast75 wrote: »

Hate to break it to you there is no hope for it, majority of the acts are over as part of a European schedule that would have had a bulk of their dates chalked off due to the various governments recent update of restrictions till the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hate to break it to you there is no hope for it, majority of the acts are over as part of a European schedule that would have had a bulk of their dates chalked off due to the various governments recent update of restrictions till the end of August.

tenor.gif?itemid=4410439

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Leo's speech today said that restrictions will likely go on beyond May but that we may get a "roadmap" of how the gradual restrictions will be lifted before that date.

Encouraging news in the grand scheme of things, even though it may be subject to change, we will have some vague idea of when gigs may or may not go ahead again.

But hopefully this may put an end to some of the blind pessimism (or optimism on my part) that's been going on in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ticketmaster in ireland can't do this due to EU law, if they change the date you can get a refund.

That's exactly what Greek and German government have done with the airlines, gone against eu law and passed a law saying that if flights cancelled before September they no longer need to offer refunds, only reschedules.

But that's probably so airlines don't go bust so I guess not relevant to TM.

endainoz wrote: »
    Leo's speech today said that restrictions will likely go on beyond May but that we may get a "roadmap" of how the gradual restrictions will be lifted before that date.

Encouraging news in the grand scheme of things, even though it may be subject to change, we will have some vague idea of when gigs may or may not go ahead again.

But hopefully this may put an end to some of the blind pessimism (or optimism on my part) that's been going on in this thread.

It’s not pessimism. I’m a very much half glass full kinda gal but it’s just not happening this year!

I got a refund for the rescheduled Nick Cave gig yesterday. Tickets bought under the previous terms will give an entitlement to your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I got a refund for the rescheduled Nick Cave gig yesterday. Tickets bought under the previous terms will give an entitlement to your money back.

I'm not sure how to feel regarding refunds for things like EP as I've already paid for our tickets so the money has been spent. If they have to cancel and refund everyone then does that leave them in a position where they are able to keep going and organise one for next year? I don't know.

Is it best to accept a ticket exchange for next year in lieu of a refund should we see it cancelled?

I'm aware this mightn't suit everyone else with tickets bought for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This mentions cancelled events, but not rescheduled
    https://www.eccireland.ie/what-to-expect-when-your-event-in-europe-is-cancelled/

This is still ECC (Austrian site) and mentions if the date or venue was changed
    https://europakonsument.at/en/page/tickets-your-rights-concerts
    Tickets: Your rights at concerts
    When the festival falls through

The venue was changed!
    When the location of an event was changed, your claims depend on the distance from the original venue. If the concert is still in the same city or only a short drive away (like in the next village), it will probably considered an acceptable change. If the new location is in another country, you don't have to accept.

The date was changed!
    You can decide, if you want to attend the concert or festival at the new date or demand a refund. The organisator can't force you to accept this change.

The Line-up was changed!
    The consequences of modifications of the programme depend on the type of event. When the solo artist of a concert cancels, the ticket loses its value. You can demand a full refund from the organisator. However, the situation is different with e.g. stage plays, where no promise for a specific cast is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm not sure how to feel regarding refunds for things like EP as I've already paid for our tickets so the money has been spent. If they have to cancel and refund everyone then does that leave them in a position where they are able to keep going and organise one for next year? I don't know.

Is it best to accept a ticket exchange for next year in lieu of a refund should we see it cancelled?

The option was there to just keep the tickets and they'd be valid for the new date.
    I chose the refund myself.

With the picnic, if it doesn't go ahead, they'll offer 2 options.
    Refund, or if you don't request a a refund (possibly by a set date) they'll reissue tickets, to reflect 2021 and the new dates of the festival etc.

That's what I reckon will happen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Given the hassle we go through to get early bird tickets, I think that I would be happy to take tickets for next year instead of a refund.

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Given the hassle we go through to get early bird tickets, I think that I would be happy to take tickets for next year instead of a refund.

100%. I hope they just reissue them for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Kepler21 wrote: »

That would be my plan too, except what happens if they go bust next year?

patch wrote: »
    That would be my plan too, except what happens if they go bust next year?

They aren't going to go bust

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

They aren't going to go bust

Thanks for clearing that up.

patch wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up.

No worries. They will be insured in case of cancellation and in turn their insurer will be re-insured. Same with Wimbledon it will go ahead next year and is much bigger business than EP is.

Live Nation wont be going anywhere, they only took over EP a couple years ago and have plenty of cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

No one has raised the most pertenant questions around EP during CV19.

1) How can drink beer while you are wearing a mask?

2) How can you social distance and kick a teenager (though the masks maybe useful in this regard!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement