Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think that's probably the death knell for EP this year, and that obviously takes out ATN, Body and Soul, Indie and loads of others.

However, the eternal optimist in me says this could be an opportunity for smaller festivals of around 1000 people or so to have their chance. The Doolin Folk festival near me has a decent chance now, though it probably should be rescheduled to July or August from it's current June date.

I guess this is the start of that "road map" we've been hearing so much about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

sydthebeat wrote: »
    coming out now that its till the end of september :mad: :(

Press release says till end of August at least with a further review. But it doesn't matter a jot for EP, they are not going to lift the restriction and then immediately allow an event with 70k+ people at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

sydthebeat wrote: »
    coming out now that its till the end of september :mad: :(

It's officially until the end of August, but you could be absolutely sure it will roll further than that as we get more into the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

MJohnston wrote: »
    It's officially until the end of August, but you could be absolutely sure it will roll further than that as we get more into the summer months.

Yes same way these restrictions rolled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Genghis wrote: »
    Leinster Express with a beautiful piece of click bait craft ("Disappointment as huge Laois Festival Cancelled") playing on a festival goers anxiety. (Don't worry, it's not EP ... Yet).

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/coronavirus/536225/disappointment-as-huge-laois-festival-cancelled.html

Festival goers anxiety lol

• Advertisement

Indie just announced they are cancelling, I suppose ATN and Body and Soul will follow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

It'll be grand.
    We just need an effective antibodies test to turn up soon which shows most of us already had it.

patch wrote: »
    It'll be grand.
    We just need an effective antibodies test to turn up soon which shows most of us already had it.

No I don't think it'll be grand but like your optimism

• Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

patch wrote: »
    It'll be grand.

Imagine if the inoculation turned out to be 6 bottles of scrumpy. We would be 100% sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Some of the Iveagh Gardens gigs could go ahead depending on the touring schedules of acts (4k capacity I believe) but Trinity is 5k so gone. Galway Arts Fest tent is 3,400 so may proceed but I think we'll definitely lose the North American acts. A huge pity as the Pixies on the Fri followed by the Flaming Lips on the Sat was one hell of a two-nighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Look, it's gone. Glen Hansard celebrating his 5oth on Instagram at the moment. Had to get a flipping Instagram account to see it, but it's great stuff. This us where we're at, lads.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Look, it's gone. Glen Hansard celebrating his 5oth on Instagram at the moment. Had to get a flipping Instagram account to see it, but it's great stuff. This us where we're at, lads.

Was great to see Eddie vedder calling in but he rambled on for ages, I thought 420 was yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

endainoz wrote: »
    Was great to see Eddie vedder calling in but he rambled on for ages, I thought 420 was yesterday!

He did go on, didn't he? Nice to see the genuine affection there though. Nice evening all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

People suggesting EP or slightly below 5k capacity June/July gigs may still go ahead are more likely to be suffering from Headinthesanditis than Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

With social distancing here to stay gigs aren’t an option regardless of venue size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Kaleidoscope cancelled and have given the option for a refund or keep tickets for 2021.
    These are the same promoters as EP, so hopefully they keep the same policy for EP and allow us keep tickets for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

RATM not going to Lolla Berlin same weekend :( .Reckon the picnic is a no go now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Can we change the thread title please?

The clutching at straws here is too much

Yes I am cranky

Any suggestions on how the fu*k we maintain this thread for seventeen months?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how the fu*k we maintain this thread for seventeen months?

For our own sanity maybe get a Mod to lock it for like 6 months :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    whilst I get the kneejerk reaction might be to complain about the line up, but I reckon if the whole thing is cancelled people will be a lot more pi$$ed off..

turned out to be true :(:(

everlast75 wrote: »
    turned out to be true :(:(

I'd like to see a Venn diagram on the crossover with people who both complained about the line-up and it then being cancelled.

They may not cancel it until their license application gets denied which wont be for a few weeks. They applied around 2 weeks ago for the license.

Or they could just make a jump on it and pull it now. Don't see the point in waiting, just put people out of their misery already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They need to wait until they're covered by government restrictions, that mean large events are cancelled.
    Technically, they're not at the minute, as the picnic is on September 4th-6th, and the government restrictions are to the end of August?

For insurance purposes, they'll need to wait until it's out of their hands before they cancel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Kaleidoscope cancelled and have given the option for a refund or keep tickets for 2021.
    These are the same promoters as EP, so hopefully they keep the same policy for EP and allow us keep tickets for next year.

Kaleidoscope is run by completely different company

Kaleidoscope is run by completely different company

Both run by festival republic.

Fuinnemh festival in Galway seem to think they’ll be able to have their festival as normal this year 2 weeks after EP. I doubt that somehow, even though it is less than 5k capacity I don’t see it happening.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

MadYaker wrote: »
    Both run by festival republic.

not quite

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if it DID go ahead... imagine how "golddust" the tickets would be :D

• Advertisement

not quite

???? They are both run by festival republic, it says it on their website.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement