Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

Pink Moon 4 Man tents all sold out now also

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Dutchy

traco wrote:
    Pink Moon 4 Man tents all sold out now also

I believe a second wave of tents will go on sale at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

We have only ever stayed in pink moon, but booked Harvest moon this morning. What’s the difference and are the facilities the same ? Location wise is PM better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Got sorted this morning thankfully. As I'm not on Facebook what would be the best way to keep up to date with registration for an eco camping spot. It really was a dream find for this years festival. (I obtained a pass from someone unable to use it).

Twitter is your friend.

Can we all agree from here on out that Eco is far too near the rave, the campers are gob****es, it's filthy and you'll get no sleep.

You'd be far better off elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I missed out this morning :(

Would anyone be able to advise when more tickets will be released and have any insight into how much a weekend camping ticket will cost?

It will be my first time going, so I don't have a loyalty discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Two really annoying Pink Moon/Eco Camping questions....I'm sorry!

Anyone ever risk the single skin two man Tipi thing and did it let in rain? Add in the end-of-a-long-season to that and I'm thinking they could be ****e!

Is there any realistic chance of me getting Eco? I've never camped there. Is it a fresh start for registration every year or do previous Eco-Campers get a head start?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

thebusher wrote: »
    After 3 lengthy waits and getting 'we cant find the tickets youre lookong for' I tried once more for my 3 x loyalty instslment plan.

Success at 9.33

Unlikely to be using them though but we live in hope.

Hi thebusher

We got our campervan ticket but missed the general Admission tickets. First shout on your tickets of your not going 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Is there any realistic chance of me getting Eco? I've never camped there. Is it a fresh start for registration every year or do previous Eco-Campers get a head start?

There is a loyalty scheme for Eco. It wasn't very full this year for some reason, I certainly thought it had more people last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I missed out this morning :(

Would anyone be able to advise when more tickets will be released and have any insight into how much a weekend camping ticket will cost?

It will be my first time going, so I don't have a loyalty discount code.

There are a number of ticket sales, with the price going up each time, today was Early Bird(eg you), and Loyalty scheme, there will be a general sale next, don’t know the dates.

Last year i missed the early and 1st general sales and bought them in early December, (€250 was price), which was the last big ticket volume sale, so plenty of chances to buy, but note, each of those sales, price is going up, and up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Two really annoying Pink Moon/Eco Camping questions....I'm sorry!

Anyone ever risk the single skin two man Tipi thing and did it let in rain? Add in the end-of-a-long-season to that and I'm thinking they could be ****e!

Previous campers get first option and then it's available to whoever is quickest. It's a sizeable site now so if you keep your eye on this thread you'll be aware when registration opens. There are also tickets going from people who book but don't use them. I gave up my Eco ticket to another poster this year and there were a dozen or more others doing the same. Your chances of getting into Eco Camping are very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Your chances of getting into Eco Camping are very high.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

I am going to bloody scream. :mad::mad:

I asked a family member to log onto my account this morning and purchase 2 tickets for me using my loyalty code and pay for the early bird rate for 2 others on my card if she needed to get 2 for herself.
    She tells me you wont believe it but I got 4 using your loyalty code.
    Alarm bells are now ringing!

I log in at 4pm and see I have 4 early birds tickets at €210 instead of 2 at €185.
    is there any chance ticketmaster will refund me the €50 I am down.

On the bright side they probably would all have been gone if I didn't get her to log in for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I am going to bloody scream. :mad::mad:

I asked a family member to log onto my account this morning and purchase 2 tickets for me using my loyalty code and pay for the early bird rate for 2 others on my card if she needed to get 2 for herself.
    She tells me you wont believe it but I got 4 using your loyalty code.
    Alarm bells are now ringing!

I log in at 4pm and see I have 4 early birds tickets at €210 instead of 2 at €185.
    is there any chance ticketmaster will refund me the €50 I am down.

On the bright side they probably would all have been gone if I didn't get her to log in for me.
    This was a complex and peril fraught mission you entrusted your family member with. I would not trust any of my family to record Match of the Day for me. I feel you have got away lightly, Blueberrypie. I say take the hit and never trust your family again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Got sorted earlier, boom!!
    3picnics+installment plan is an unbelievable deal!

It's gas the attitude of some when you tell them you're camped in ECO "oh ECO, so you're some kind of green peace vegan hippy!!" :):) NO I just put my rubbish in the bin and don't sh1te on my own doorstep....like I do all year around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Vampire weekend have a decent EP sized gap in their tour schedule for 2020.

And we're off!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Has anyone had any success getting a stove or gel type burner in. This year I was in pink moon, tried to nab water from podpad area but it was closed. Queue in cracked pepper was mental. Had to trek out into main arena to find coffee as the paintball place was also closed. Would love to be able to just boil a pot of water.. I know they say no gas but I have seen ones that burn a gel fluid but would have no idea of they are any good!!!

Any of TCM Collective interested in a music whatsapp group for the year to discover new music via each others great taste ('music nerds' was the term Mrs B used) ?

PM if you are and I'll get one setup next week. Mute the notifications for a year and there'll be no incessant pinging!

No offence taken if you're not. I still love yis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success getting a stove or gel type burner in. This year I was in pink moon, tried to nab water from podpad area but it was closed. Queue in cracked pepper was mental. Had to trek out into main arena to find coffee as the paintball place was also closed. Would love to be able to just boil a pot of water.. I know they say no gas but I have seen ones that burn a gel fluid but would have no idea of they are any good!!!

I always camp in Family Camping so the rules are slightly different but I brought a small camping stove to make coffee in the mornings. Also brought s small pan and a bottle with pancake batter in it. Coffee and chocolate pancakes in the morning. :) Save a lot of queuing and more importantly save a lot of money. 2 coffees and 4 pancakes would cost the guys of €30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

My first shout for a name on the EP2020 line-up: FKA Twigs

Festival Republic love to rebook previous visitors, she's played EA before and starting to tour a new album shortly. Got to be in the running for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I brought a spirit stove and methylated spirits into Pink Moon last year, was able to boil water for coffee. Took about 25min. It's grand, easy to hide under a camping chair so security don't see. Brought it to Eco this year, but coffee was quicker to get from stall so didn't bother with it

Stillill42 wrote: »
    And we're off!

LCD Soundsystem have no gigs announced for 2020. I thus see that as a nice-sized EP hole in their calendar.

thebusher wrote: »
    Any of TCM Collective interested in a music whatsapp group for the year to discover new music via each others great taste ('music nerds' was the term Mrs B used) ?

PM if you are and I'll get one setup next week. Mute the notifications for a year and there'll be no incessant pinging!

No offence taken if you're not. I still love yis

I am interested in the idea Busher but hate WhatsApp for its incessant distracting messages. Why not instead use this thread for that purpose as we did last year? Any new music we discovered last year, or decent live gigs we attended fitted in with this thread as they were acts we'd have liked to have seen at EP. It was a more general music thread last year than ever. And all the better for it.

And if the WhatsApp group goes ahead good luck with it. I'd probably have to bite my tongue and join!

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I am interested in the idea Busher but hate WhatsApp for its incessant distracting messages. Why not instead use this thread for that purpose as we did last year? Any new music we discovered last year, or decent live gigs we attended fitted in with this thread as they were acts we'd have liked to have seen at EP. It was a more general music thread last year than ever. And all the better for it.

And if the WhatsApp group goes ahead good luck with it. I'd probably have to bite my tongue and join!

Don't mind him, Busher. Grumpy old men, eh? Great idea. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Don't mind him, Busher. Grumpy old men, eh? Great idea. PM sent.

Yeah, I'm in, probably won't add much to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

t?
    We did Pink Moon in a two man Tipi for three years. I can say honestly that we never had a leak. There would be condensation on the inside in the morning but I never seen a pool of water anywhere. As has been said before, don't push anything up against the sides as this stops the rain running off and just have a quick Check thst the ropes are taught and secure. We had a few nights of rain, most notably two years ago on the sat night, it was torrential!

Poorside wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm in, probably won't add much to it though.

That's the spirit, Poorside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Given it's Glasto 50 I wonder will we see one or two "legends" type acts at EP next year.

The Who did a one off massive show with orchestra at Wembley in July. Pete Townshend said they'll be touring that same show next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I really like the Supergrass suggestion... while Blur were beating Oasis ;) these guys were just plugging away completely underrated!!

Had a longish car journey today had I should coco blaring!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement