Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Given it's Glasto 50 I wonder will we see one or two "legends" type acts at EP next year.

The Who did a one off massive show with orchestra at Wembley in July. Pete Townshend said they'll be touring that same show next summer.

Not sure that would suit EP, I'd love to see it but really don't think it's a festival type of setup.

Could see McCartney headlining Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I really like the Supergrass suggestion... while Blur were beating Oasis ;)these guys were just plugging away completely underrated!!

And wife swapping with Jude Law... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BaldFigo

Got tickets , been going 15 years. Please just get Depeche Mode next year for once

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    Not sure that would suit EP, I'd love to see it but really don't think it's a festival type of setup.

Could see McCartney headlining Glastonbury

He may do the Sun afternoon set, as big now as a headline slot. Fleetwood Mac will be the biggie, Coldplay again & The 1975 other possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,563 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

My (kind of) realistic wishlist for 20

Therapy?
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Undertones
    Depeche mode
    Lemaitre
    Fontaines DC
    The Black keys
    Doves
    The Specials
    Supergrass
    David Gray

My (haha) not a hope wishlist
    McCartney
    Stone Roses
    Pearl jam
    Daft punk
    Smashing pumpkins
    The kinks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    He may do the Sun afternoon set, as big now as a headline slot. Fleetwood Mac will be the biggie, Coldplay again & The 1975 other possibilities.

If Macca is doing Glastonbury he will be headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Macca , fleetwood mac and pearl jam would be savage

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Missy Elliott is going to be on the move in 2020 apparently. That would be amazing but a long shot I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Missy Elliott is going to be on the move in 2020 apparently. That would be amazing but a long shot I think.

Longitude I imagine, prob get her to headline wireless festival in UK too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Foals are very likely i would say. Tour the second album from this year and previously at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

It would indeed be supa dupa fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just as an aside, if there are any Cathy Davey fans out there who, like me, missed her the last 2 years in Stradbally because of her late Sunday night billing, she's playing October 26th in St. David's church Naas. Lovely, intimate setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just as an aside, if there are any Cathy Davey fans out there who, like me, missed her the last 2 years in Stradbally because of her late Sunday night billing, she's playing October 26th in St. David's church Naas. Lovely, intimate setting.

I vaugely remember hearing that she pulled out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Of EP? I didn't realise that. I could have sworn she featured in somebody's review.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

She didn't, her set was great as usual at the Salty Dog just after midnight.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

She didn't, her set was great as usual at the Salty Dog just after midnight.

Yeah I caught a few of her songs. Usually she doesn't do anything for me, but even so I think her set suffered from the crowd looking for later drink at the SD bar, which was thronged. They were just throwing out cans at that stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah she did a great set at SD even though she appeared to be sick. She cancelled a talk with Neil Hannon (not tennent doh!) in Mindfield earlier in the day I think which is maybe what caused the confusion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Was emailing them yesterday because they made the mistake with my loyalty code.

I have the disappointment.

Sorry to harp on about this, but I got a reply to my query today which makes me angry. It's as though Ticketmaster are really revelling in the fact that it sold out and that not all the loyalty purchasers got their tickets:
    Tickets for Electric Picnic 2020 went on sale at 9am and have been snapped up in less than an hour, taking organisers by surprise.

Such is the demand for tickets that all Early Bird, Loyalty Tickets, Family Camping, Family Campervan and Campervan tickets have already SOLD OUT.

Picnickers snapped up the early bird tickets within one hour of going on sale this morning, yet again demonstrating the unwavering popularity of Ireland’s favourite music and arts festival – Electric Picnic.

‘Fans of Electric Picnic are a very loyal bunch and with it being a sold out festival this year, fans were even more eager than usual to snap up tickets. Ticket sales were due to end on 29th September but sold out before the deadline, as the Picnic continues to grow, so too does the number of loyal Picnickers that want to come back year after year.’ Melvin Benn, Festival Director
    For fans of the festival who missed out on tickets today as they will have the opportunity to purchase tickets when they go back on sale, date yet tbc.

Electric Picnic is a STRICTLY OVER 18’s event, with the exception of children aged 12 and under who must be accompanied at all times by an adult. For more information on our age policy, check out our website.

Subject to licence.

Please note: All sales are final. Loyalty discounts cannot be applied to your order.

Therapy?
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Undertones
    Depeche mode
    Lemaitre
    Fontaines DC
    The Black keys
    Doves
    The Specials
    Supergrass
    David Gray

McCartney
    Stone Roses
    Pearl jam
    Daft punk
    Smashing pumpkins
    The kinks

I hereby nominate Poorside as EP booker for 2020. Any seconds?

• Advertisement

Headlining makes sense but Emily Eavis dropped a hint about him doing the big legends slot. Unlikely they'd have both Fleetwood Mac and McCartney as headliners, just skews the festival far much to heritage stuff.

That afternoon slot often gets bigger crowds than any of the headliners. Dolly Parton there in 2014 was the biggest crowd I've ever seen at the Pyramid Stage in over thirty years of going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I hereby nominate Poorside as EP booker for 2020. Any seconds?

He had me until "David Gray".

Next applicant please.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Ok, so today it’s all a bit ‘this time last week I was blah blah’ (insert whatever eye of the hurricane I was caught up in at 15:53 last Sunday here) but the Santa wish lists are making me fluttery for next year. With that in mind...I’ve been an awfully good boy in the main and as highly unlikely any of these acts are to grace EP, I would like to see (and any single one would do)

Heavy Trash (failing a Jon Spencer Blues Explosion reboot)
    Wilco
    Mariachi El Bronx
    Melvins
    James Leg
    Barrance Whitfield and the Savages
    Iggy Pop
    Meatbodies
    Ty Segall (in whatever manifestation)
    Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs
    Todd Rundgren

But with a bit of sorcery...perhaps
    Fugazi & My Bloody Valentine

Let a boy dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Therapy?
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Undertones
    Depeche mode
    Lemaitre
    Fontaines DC
    The Black keys
    Doves
    The Specials
    Supergrass
    David Gray

McCartney
    Stone Roses
    Pearl jam
    Daft punk
    Smashing pumpkins
    The kinks

If that came off I'd be divorced!

Next applicant please.

Ha ha. Yeah, that jarred with the rest though I'd have him ahead of much of what we've had in the last three years.

My apllication:

LCD Soundsystem
    Wilco
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Human League
    Fontaines DC
    Snapped Ankles
    The Selecter
    The Murder Capital
    Leftfield
    Aphex Twin
    SLF
    The Walker Roaders
    Supergrass
    The Kinks
    Kokoko
    Edwyn Collins
    Young Fathers
    Kila
    Seamus Fogarty
    Green on Red
    Tamino
    Slyrydes
    .... and a few dozen more.

And since teen pop is guaranteed how about Camilla Cabello & Lorde?

What about a Boardsie buyout of EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah she did a great set at SD even though she appeared to be sick. She cancelled a talk with Neil Hannon (not tennent doh!) in Mindfield earlier in the day I think which is maybe what caused the confusion.

I was waiting outside (hungover to bits)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Headlining makes sense but Emily Eavis dropped a hint about him doing the big legends slot. Unlikely they'd have both Fleetwood Mac and McCartney as headliners, just skews the festival far much to heritage stuff.

That afternoon slot often gets bigger crowds than any of the headliners. Dolly Parton there in 2014 was the biggest crowd I've ever seen at the Pyramid Stage in over thirty years of going there.

Fair point , tbh the only way they will get Fleetwood Mac is if they reduce their asking price, Pretty sure Micheal Eavis has said the only reason they havent been booked for Glasto is because if their price.

If they got McCartney as the legends slot that would be huge , Yea i agree that slot usually gets massive crowds. Plus it will be a such a small set for Paul (since he usually does 2/2.5hr sets, well he did that last time at the RDS) because of his back catalog.

Although with it being the 50th anniversary they might want to go with the biggest headliners they can go with , E.g. Fleetwod and McCartney

Next applicant please.

I was just testing

Swear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Right off the top of my head, who could realistically play,,,erm,,,,or random acts:

The Mode
    The R band (or TY doing solo stuff)
    My Bloody Valentine
    Biffy
    Muse
    Pearl Jam
    Tool
    NIN
    Aphex Twin
    Daft Punk
    Red Hot Chillis
    Wilco
    St Etienne
    Beth Gibbons
    Ride
    Christy (dont laugh, he'd be great!!)
    Tom McRae
    British Sea Power
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Nada Surf
    Killing Joke
    The Waterboys
    Suede (yeah another annual nominee)
    Alcest
    Belle and Sebastian
    The Wedding Present
    Cast
    dEUS
    Gary Numan
    Paul Westerberg

Ah, that would be allright, I guess...

• Advertisement

Right off the top of my head, who could realistically play,,,erm,,,,or random acts:

The Mode
    The R band (or TY doing solo stuff)
    My Bloody Valentine
    Biffy
    Muse
    Pearl Jam
    Tool
    NIN
    Aphex Twin
    Daft Punk
    Red Hot Chillis
    Wilco