Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fair point , tbh the only way they will get Fleetwood Mac is if they reduce their asking price, Pretty sure Micheal Eavis has said the only reason they havent been booked for Glasto is because if their price.

If they got McCartney as the legends slot that would be huge , Yea i agree that slot usually gets massive crowds. Plus it will be a such a small set for Paul (since he usually does 2/2.5hr sets, well he did that last time at the RDS) because of his back catalog.

Although with it being the 50th anniversary they might want to go with the biggest headliners they can go with , E.g. Fleetwod and McCartney

The last sentence being the most likely but they could really cram the weekend with special acts. Going to hate not being there next June.

Right off the top of my head, who could realistically play,,,erm,,,,or random acts:

The Mode
    The R band (or TY doing solo stuff)
    My Bloody Valentine
    Biffy
    Muse
    Pearl Jam
    Tool
    NIN
    Aphex Twin
    Daft Punk
    Red Hot Chillis
    Wilco
    St Etienne
    Beth Gibbons
    Ride
    Christy (dont laugh, he'd be great!!)
    Tom McRae
    British Sea Power
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Nada Surf
    Killing Joke
    The Waterboys
    Suede (yeah another annual nominee)
    Alcest
    Belle and Sebastian
    The Wedding Present
    Cast
    dEUS
    Gary Numan
    Paul Westerberg

Ah, that would be allright, I guess...

Christy Moore? He's played twice, tent rammed both times. Caught one set and it was excellent. As he always is. Could do with Damien Dempsey, Seamus Fogarty and Kila back too. And a shout out for Daoiri Farrell. More trad for 2020 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Christy Moore? He's played twice, tent rammed both times. Caught one set and it was excellent. As he always is. Could do with Damien Dempsey, Seamus Fogarty and Kila back too. And a shout out for Daoiri Farrell. More trad for 2020 please.

Yeah defo on for more trad,maybe a Moving Hearts or Scullion reunion ,would be brilliant as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah she did a great set at SD even though she appeared to be sick. She cancelled a talk with Neil Hannon (not tennent doh!) in Mindfield earlier in the day I think which is maybe what caused the confusion.

Aha ha yes this is what I heard!!

The Delines would be a big hope for me next year. Americana not out in great force this year and hopefully that changes in 2020. They're basically Richmond Fontaine with a female singer and have made, for me, easily the best album of 2019. They've been here twice this year including at the Kilkenny Roots festival and are back for three gigs next month including Sligo Arts Fest. Superb when I saw them in Jan and they'd be fab at EP. Alas the stage they're most suited to is the defunct Other Voices one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote:

Yes! Agree with all of this! There is some decent trad in Hazelwood but I feel a lot of people miss out on it because it's a bit out of the way. And it's contending with all the other options out there. With regards to acts, why not throw in Paul Brady in there too? Perfect folk contemporary type crossover artist. Hearing Crazy Dreams or Nothing but the same old story played live would be tough to beat!

endainoz wrote: »
    Yes! Agree with all of this! There is some decent trad in Hazelwood but I feel a lot of people miss out on it because it's a bit out of the way. And it's contending with all the other options out there. With regards to acts, why not throw in Paul Brady in there too? Perfect folk contemporary type crossover artist. Hearing Crazy Dreams or Nothing but the same old story played live would be tough to beat!

A great call. Played in 2010 but didn't see him. Time for another visit.

And not quite trad but Freddie White is back living in Ireland (Clare I think) after years in Sydney and New York. Gigging again and sounding good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I've been depressed all weekend due to being too slow on getting campervan ticket Saturday morning.

I know I will probably (95% certain) get one the week before at pretty much face value, but it just gets me down. Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

:(

I am going to bloody scream. :mad::mad:

I asked a family member to log onto my account this morning and purchase 2 tickets for me using my loyalty code and pay for the early bird rate for 2 others on my card if she needed to get 2 for herself.
    She tells me you wont believe it but I got 4 using your loyalty code.
    Alarm bells are now ringing!

I log in at 4pm and see I have 4 early birds tickets at €210 instead of 2 at €185.
    is there any chance ticketmaster will refund me the €50 I am down.

On the bright side they probably would all have been gone if I didn't get her to log in for me.

I will take 2 early birds at face value if you still have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

The Delines would be a big hope for me next year. Americana not out in great force this year and hopefully that changes in 2020. They're basically Richmond Fontaine with a female singer and have made, for me, easily the best album of 2019. They've been here twice this year including at the Kilkenny Roots festival and are back for three gigs next month including Sligo Arts Fest. Superb when I saw them in Jan and they'd be fab at EP. Alas the stage they're most suited to is the defunct Other Voices one.

I like my Americana and saw them at Kilkenny roots (minus Willy) very good indeed.

I'd love some more soul acts next year like Durand Jones, Lee fields, black pumas etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

My wishlist:

The Smashing Pumpkins
    Vampire Weekend
    Supergrass
    Depeche Mode
    Arcade Fire
    Darren Emerson
    Jon Carter
    MGMT
    Grimes
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Metallica
    Soulwax (DJ set)
    The Presidents of the USA
    The Killers
    Fluke
    Placebo
    Paul Young

Never gonna happen in my wildest dreams list:

Daft Punk
    Swedish House Mafia
    Carl Cox
    Paul McCartney
    Radiohead
    David Guetta (DJ set)
    Calvin Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote:
    And not quite trad but Freddie White is back living in Ireland (Clare I think) after years in Sydney and New York. Gigging again and sounding good.

Correct, he lives about a mile from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Playing here in Waterford next month.
    Saw them a couple of times in Cleeres Kilkenny. Great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wouldn't mind John Fogerty myself, XTC if they ever reformed again, John Foxx doing the Metamatic album, Paul Weller, ZZ Top and Polygon Window :D:D.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

sweetie wrote: »
    I like my Americana and saw them at Kilkenny roots (minus Willy) very good indeed.

I'd love some more soul acts next year like Durand Jones, Lee fields, black pumas etc.

Why was he missing, book tour or something. Met them all after their Galway gig, a very chatty & sound bunch, enormously happy to be on the road again after Amy Boone's car accident and their three year break. Loved that gig, easily amongst my best of the year.

endainoz wrote: »
    Correct, he lives about a mile from me!

You seen him play locally yet? He did a small gig at the Black Gate in Galway in July and was on really good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Ha ha. Yeah, that jarred with the rest though I'd have him ahead of much of what we've had in the last three years.

My apllication:

LCD Soundsystem
    Wilco
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Human League
    Fontaines DC
    Snapped Ankles
    The Selecter
    The Murder Capital
    Leftfield
    Aphex Twin
    SLF
    The Walker Roaders
    Supergrass
    The Kinks
    Kokoko
    Edwyn Collins
    Young Fathers
    Kila
    Seamus Fogarty
    Green on Red
    Tamino
    Slyrydes
    .... and a few dozen more.

And since teen pop is guaranteed how about Camilla Cabello & Lorde?

What about a Boardsie buyout of EP?

I'd take that but I would slip Dave Clark in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fcuk Aphex Twin gig the weekend before in Paris, looks amazing, why the **** can't we get this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I was there for Christ Moore last time he played; clashed with Sigur Ros and Ed Sheeran; Christy was brilliant.
    I would love Christy and/or Freddie White. Martha was one of the songs of my teenage years. Don't know if Freddie would get enough audience, but Christy would fill whatever tent he was in.

Kepler21 wrote: »
    I was there for Christ Moore last time he played; clashed with Sigur Ros and Ed Sheeran; Christy was brilliant.
    I would love Christy and/or Freddie White. Martha was one of the songs of my teenage years. Don't know if Freddie would get enough audience, but Christy would fill whatever tent he was in.

He does an excellent version of that indeed. Half of his set was covers, but all goodies, and much of that was old southern blues. He'd definitely get a decent crowd if not too many clashes. Though nothing like the numbers that Christy continues to pull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

While we're on the subject of Martha, how about Bone Machine to shake up the tribute band scene on the Friday? I've never seen them but have heard good things. I'd love a bit of Tom Waits to get me in the form.

Kepler21 wrote: »

He does indeed have some messianic qualities.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    While we're on the subject of Martha, how about Bone Machine to shake up the tribute band scene on the Friday? I've never seen them but have heard good things. I'd love a bit of Tom Waits to get me in the form.

Ah yeah, would love that. Played here recently and good reports.

JD covers crew Digital also supposedly very decent. And I saw a (Dublin?) Bowie crew Rebel Rebel last year, surprisingly excellent. Takes cojones to have a shot at the Dame's voice but the guy carried it off. And then some.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He had me until "David Gray".

Next applicant please.

I won't hear a bad word against David gray!!

I've seen the guy probably 5 or 6 times already and every show is excellent. Luckily enough to see him in such venues as the wexford opera house and the bord gais theater. He also headlined groove festival a few years back and had the crowd in his hands singing away.

If we're championing the likes of Calvin Harris to play EP, I'll take David gray as well in a heart beat thank you ;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I won't hear a bad word against David gray!!

I've seen the guy probably 5 or 6 times already and every show is excellent. Luckily enough to see him in such venues as the wexford opera house and the bord gais theater. He also headlined groove festival a few years back and had the crowd in his hands singing away.

If we're championing the likes of Calvin Harris to play EP, I'll take David gray as well in a heart beat than you ;)

We're not.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

We're not.

Not you, but he's already been mentioned at least twice in people's wish list...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Why was he missing, book tour or something. Met them all after their Galway gig, a very chatty & sound bunch, enormously happy to be on the road again after Amy Boone's car accident and their three year break. Loved that gig, easily amongst my best of the year.

Amy said he had to go to the White house! some book thing. I'm working my way through his stuff, he's a great writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

*low quality rave klaxon*

Hey guys, my Crap House Music alarm went off. I can only assume someone mentioned Calvin Harris, David Guetta or Swedish House Mafia.

Measures will be taken, please be assured we have our best people on this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Monday mornings, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Wishlists is it..

Big Thief
    Bill Callaghan
    Blake Mills
    Cat Power
    The Cure
    Daughter
    Edwyn Collins
    Fionn Regan
    John Grant
    Julia Jacklin
    Kurt Vile
    Lankum
    Laura Marling
    LCD
    Leif Vollebekk
    Nadia Reid
    New Order
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Ride
    Rolling BCF
    Sufjan Stevens
    Sun Kill Moon
    The Surfing Magazines
    Warpaint
    The Wave Pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

John Grant! Can't believe I left him off my list! Ticks so many boxes...dance, cry, laugh, sing.

Loving the Freddie White suggestion. He is a gifted guitarist. I just can't think where he would suit? If they ever have Christy back I think he needs the main stage. Tents are dangerously packed when he plays.

In the trad sphere, I'd love some Daoiri Farrell also. We Banjo 3 would fit EP perfectly I think too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement