Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

endainoz wrote: »
    Crowded House for the Marquee, pity would have loved to have seen them in EA.

that is a pity, i wouldnt go out of my way to see them in the marquee tbh but i would have definatly popped into see them if they were playing on a sunday afternoon at EP!

Its mad really when you think about how quickly time is passing. It will be the announcement in March before we know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Girl Band announced for All Together Now - "only Irish show in 2020" according to the release.

One more off the EP list!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rfrip wrote: »
    that is a pity, i wouldnt go out of my way to see them in the marquee tbh but i would have definatly popped into see them if they were playing on a sunday afternoon at EP!

Its mad really when you think about how quickly time is passing. It will be the announcement in March before we know it!

I'd say they might add a date somewhere else too, or possibly a festival appearance. I'd imagine the Marquee show would sell out pretty fast. They rarely play Ireland like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd say they might add a date somewhere else too, or possibly a festival appearance. I'd imagine the Marquee show would sell out pretty fast. They rarely play Ireland like.

They've just announced for Trinity! July 1st 2020

Nice, super nice, not seen CH since they did support for Peter Gabriel in Marley Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Clannad doing a farewell tour next year. Only seen them once (Acoustic tent, Glasto) and they were excellent. Would go down very well at EP in the way that Christy Moore, Damien Dempsey & Kila have all drawn big crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Liam Gallagher is first announcement for reading/leeds

After all the hype of the 3arena gigs I hope/think he'll be announced for EP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea id say he is nailed on for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

They've just announced for Trinity! July 1st 2020

Nice, super nice, not seen CH since they did support for Peter Gabriel in Marley Park.

Yeah saw that! Great news, not clashing with Green day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Thatd be some lazy booking. Who else, David Gray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Thatd be some lazy booking. Who else, David Gray?

Would love to see LG play, right before Noel plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah saw that! Great news, not clashing with Green day now.

**** **** ****itty ****, no Mark Hart, that’s a damn shame.

Asterisks brought today by the letters f, u, c and k kiddies...

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Clannad doing a farewell tour next year. Only seen them once (Acoustic tent, Glasto) and they were excellent. Would go down very well at EP in the way that Christy Moore, Damien Dempsey & Kila have all drawn big crowds.

I would love that.

Pearl Jam fans - they're playing Hyde Park on Fri 10th July, their only UK date. Support from the Pixies. Probably an Irish date also as Vedder seems to love it over here. None too bothered myself but probably good news for a few posters here.

Pearl Jam fans - they're playing Hyde Park on Fri 10th July, their only UK date. Support from the Pixies. Probably an Irish date also as Vedder seems to love it over here. None too bothered myself but probably good news for a few posters here.

Going by previous tours there wont be any Irish date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Omg orbital are playing the marquee

Going by previous tours there wont be any Irish date

Vedder playing twice since 2017 not a possible indication that'd change? Hope so for you guys anyway.

Vedder playing twice since 2017 not a possible indication that'd change? Hope so for you guys anyway.

I hope you're right but it just seems to be a pattern to skip us for the last 10 years?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anyone know when the last instalment is leaving the bank account? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Anyone know when the last instalment is leaving the bank account? Tia
    Mine came out today

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

kieran. wrote: »
    Mine came out today

Thanks, no sign of mine moving...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hmmm Stormzy doing a single one off show 3Arena Sept 8th...

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Hmmm Stormzy doing a single one off show 3Arena Sept 8th...

EP headliner on Sun 6th?

Pixies doing a second night at Galway Arts Fest for those who missed out (Bodhrandude?). Sinéad O'Connor also playing as are The Stunning with Something Happens. Loads more to come, and it's spread over two weeks but the line-up this year will match (or better) that of most weekend fests.

Little crossover with EP but I think Sinéad will be appearing elsewhere this Summer.

EP headliner on Sun 6th?

Florence + the Machine did this once. EP on a Sunday and 3arena on a Monday or Tuesday.

His weekend is free, but you'd have to say it's unlikely, wouldn't you?

Florence + the Machine did this once. EP on a Sunday and 3arena on a Monday or Tuesday.

His weekend is free, but you'd have to say it's unlikely, wouldn't you?

I'd say the opposite, but not to be contrary. Less usual for EP but very common for Glastonbury and other UK fests. Artists announce a Hyde Park date and when that's sold out they confirm Glasto. What Taylor Swift is about to do and the timing of Stormzy's date means he's almost certainly playing EP.

I'd say the opposite, but not to be contrary. Less usual for EP but very common for Glastonbury and other UK fests. Artists announce a Hyde Park date and when that's sold out they confirm Glasto. What Taylor Swift is about to do and the timing of Stormzy's date means he's almost certainly playing EP.

I'd beg to differ myself; I'd be pretty certain it rules him out...

I guess we'll know in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭rubick

I'm afraid Bjork has ruined gigs for me.
    Nothing will ever top that Cornucopia show last Thursday.
    I'm still processing what I witnessed; trying to work out how those drums floating in water sounded so amazing, a circular four-person flute, what?!, that choir sounds like techno beats, how is this bass attuned that I'm cheering but my vocal chords aren't working, oh great now my eyes are vibrating because of course they are

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

All Points East 2020 lineup (partially) announced. Kraftwerk, Iggy Pop, Johnny Marr, the Orb, Chromatics, Kim Gordon, Anna Calvi, Grandmaster Flash, Jehnny Beth, John Maus. Presumably some of them will be playing Forbidden Fruit on the same weekend and are ruled out for EP?

https://preview.redd.it/p5n9rz588e241.png?width=2500&format=png&auto=webp&b1d2b2cc

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    All Points East 2020 lineup (partially) announced. Kraftwerk, Iggy Pop, Johnny Marr, the Orb, Chromatics, Kim Gordon, Anna Calvi, Grandmaster Flash, Jehnny Beth, John Maus. Presumably some of them will be playing Forbidden Fruit around the same time and are ruled out for EP?

https://preview.redd.it/p5n9rz588e241.png?width=2500&format=png&auto=webp&b1d2b2cc

Hard to say for sure - for some, it suggests that they'll be touring Europe early summer and unlikely to be around late in the summer but this year's All Points East had plenty of acts who were at EP.

Christine and the Queens, James Blake and the Strokes just off the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭rubick

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    All Points East 2020 lineup (partially) announced. Kraftwerk, Iggy Pop, Johnny Marr, the Orb, Chromatics, Kim Gordon, Anna Calvi, Grandmaster Flash, Jehnny Beth, John Maus. Presumably some of them will be playing Forbidden Fruit on the same weekend and are ruled out for EP?

Good God, Towers of Dub at Body & Soul Late Club please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement