Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I hope this Coronavirus scare dies down, Galway 2020 official opening on the 8th and the bleeding election too, all we need is one punter showing up with it. Hopefully it dies down and its alright to go summer festivaling, keeping my eyes peeled tho on the thread in Current Affairs. :)

As long as it only happens in other countries, the memes are still funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Don't get him at all. But I'm happy to attribute that to the fact that I am old and my brain can't handle another pretentious singer songwriter

He's far from pretentious. A very down to earth chap making savage tunes. His Whelan's gig with The Mary Wallopers was sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

What month were the first bands announced last year?

I have March in my head...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

March 13th was the 1st announcement last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

He's far from pretentious. A very down to earth chap making savage tunes. His Whelan's gig with The Mary Wallopers was sensational.

Yeah also the last word I'd use to describe him. He just has an odd combination of influences. Took me a couple of gigs of his to get into him but he's just brilliant.

The Mary Wallopers also the newest rising stars in Irish folk. They're an absolute laugh. They're a cert for EP I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 213 sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Planman82 wrote: »
    Hi all! Apologies for the random question but I was wondering do eco campsite have their own showers or do we have to go to the general campsite showers to freshen up? Thanks everyone
    Kepler21 wrote: »
    Last year they didn't have showers; the only showers available were on the Hendrix side of the campsite, which made for a long walk.

With the increased capacity I would really hope that there is either a second shower location, or showers within the ECO campsite, as its a real pain to have to walk all the way around.

There was chat from the Eco Head Honcho that there would be Ecowatt-style showers from 2018, but we're still waiting on those. Would be dead handy. Although I'm not a great man for a festival shower.
    Mucker46 wrote: »
    Ah Rubick dont be doing that to me had ruled them out but now a flicker of hope which will grow to a bonfire until last announcement has been lit.

They were also announced for another English festival yesterday, Y NOT Festival, 24-26th July. And just this morning for Larmer Tree Festival in Dorset, 16th-19th July.

Fairly rattling through the schedules!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lowlands is on in the Netherlands a couple of weeks before EP and had it's first announcement this morning. Could see a good few of these playing in Stradbally.

https://twitter.com/Rapid_Razor_Bob/status/1224633333671497728

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Lowlands is on in the Netherlands a couple of weeks before EP and had it's first announcement this morning. Could see a good few of these playing in Stradbally.

Some decent ones in there for sure.

Queue the annual Die Antwoord "love them or hate them" marmite conversation.

Think they are sh1te meself. There I said it.

Reckon oul Stormzy could be a threat to the Main Stage this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭endainoz

rubick wrote: »

Didn't he play main stage before? I'd certainly take London Grammar. The Friday night combination or the and the XX from a couple of years ago was magical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I feel we should use the term Coronavirus as a collective term for the bands formerly knows as bedwetters. Any of those strangled voice bands that make you want to commit a crime when they come on the radio. Coronas, Walking on Cars et al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sweet Jesus no. Surely the EP bookers have some sort of common decency and wouldn't inflict them on an Irish crowd?

endainoz wrote: »
    Didn't he play main stage before?

I don't think he's played EP before.

optogirl wrote: »
    I feel we should use the term Coronavirus as a collective term for the bands formerly knows as bedwetters. Any of those strangled voice bands that make you want to commit a crime when they come on the radio. Coronas, Walking on Cars et al

Seconded!

The Somethings
    Vague Activities
    My Wet Emotion
    Abandoned Taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seconded!

The Somethings
    Vague Activities
    My Wet Emotion
    Abandoned Taxi

Not sure if actual band names or parodies. I giggled anyway.

Vague Activities is hilarious. Abandoned Taxi is a good name, hence the uncertianty.

All my own work. Have always thought Walking On Cars one of those ridiculous band names that mean nothing.
    See also that raft of early 2000s landfill indie bands prefixed with 'The'.

Kings of Leon are touring this Summer.....que the hysteria in 5, 4, 3......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

wFtR9p.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

theyre playing a festival with stevie nicks in Colorado same weekend so very very unlikely :):)

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    theyre playing a festival with stevie nicks in Colorado same weekend so very very unlikely :):)

The sun just came out as I read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yeah hes playing dublin a night or 2 after EP as well, id say hes defo possible.
    Wonder will Liam Gallagher be there, usually share a couple with Reading fest and hes announced a Belfast gig but no Dublin date

False alarm folks, sorry about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Yeah hes playing dublin a night or 2 after EP as well, id say hes defo possible.
    Wonder will Liam Gallagher be there, usually share a couple with Reading fest and hes announced a Belfast gig but no Dublin date

Re: Stormzy; I can only think of one occasion ever where a headline act stuck around to play Ireland again straight away - Florence + the Machine in about 2014/15 (all the years blend in to one for me!) - so I wouldnt be too sure it's a runner for Stormzy to do both.

He's an ideal EP act otherwise but I just feel the arena show would rule him out.

Not basing it on anything other than that - a feeling and a (relative) lack of historical precedence - but it would be unusual for an EP headliner (especially a non Irish act) to do large headline shows so soon after.

But given that the tickets for the festival sell out regardless these days, maybe EP won't care that one of the biggest draws of the weekend wouldnt be an exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

My second installment came out today WOOOOOOOO!

Remember to check if it came out people, last year people were on here the week of EP saying they missed two payments now their tickets were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The week before the picnic in Portsmouth.
    A lot of guff on the line up, but nice to see Ian Brown and Hooky touring so closeby a week before..
    VF_20_Release-2_square_FINAL.png

Nile Rodgers & Chic Confirmed! ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing Hooky tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jesus. As if the poor woman has not suffered enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

2 pages of activity in one day! The faint aroma of an approaching announcement is in the air and the Boardsie heavyweights rouse themselves from hibernation. Lineups appearing on a regular basis. I'm feeling it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'd not be so generous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement