Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

alt-j doing festivals this summer, maybe?

Yes please

Foals free after the 3rd of September

Think we will see them its been a few years

At grand social for my ep 2019 discovery Yonaka. Great set at ep hoping for more of the same with a bigger crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Feck all relevance really for us as it's the 19th & 20th of June but for a flavor of what's doing the rounds this summer:

Sónar by Night

Friday night:

2manydjs (dj set), aj tracey, anna, arca, avalon emerson, the blaze, conducta, critical soundsystem, despacio (james murphy + 2manydjs), djohnston, etm, headie one, ikram bouloum, kelman duran, laurent garnier, max cooper - yearning for the infinite, or:la, richie hawtin, skee mask, tnght, venus x.

Saturday night:

batu, the black madonna, carl cox, charlotte de witte, the chemical brothers, dave, despacio (james murphy + 2manydjs), eric prydz, giant swan, helena hauff, job jobse, joy orbison, la fleur, lucient, mbodj, midland & shanti celeste, mura masa, nihiloxica, project pablo live, reinier zonneveld live, royce rolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I haven't seen the Busher around in a while. He was talking about it maybe being his last picnic last year. I hope we haven't lost him.

I think he said at EP that he wouldn't be able to make it this year, I think for some family scheduling conflict, but I don't think he was giving up on it. He is going to Glastonbury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'd wager a fair few of you will be at this:

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/rock-on-fontaines-dc-headline-homelessness-gig-38934868.html

Tickets going quickly, all standing gone I think. I'd not hesitate on grabbing them. You're not going to see the Fontaines in such a small venue for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Deadmau5 playing Cork during the summer so probably ruled out for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'd wager a fair few of you will be at this:

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/rock-on-fontaines-dc-headline-homelessness-gig-38934868.html

Tickets going quickly, all standing gone I think. I'd not hesitate on grabbing them. You're not going to see the Fontaines in such a small venue for quite a while.
    Thanks for the heads up, that passed me by completely. Speed is of the essence. I just got a ticket but only upper circle available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, that passed me by completely. Speed is of the essence. I just got a ticket but only upper circle available.

It was only announced circa 3pm. You did well to get one. Enjoy the evening.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Even though im not the biggest fan of KOL anymore since there shambles of a headline slot at Oxegen 09 (the year before was way better), if they were to be announced and played a similiar enough set to this id probably go see them.

I'd love to see them open up with Molly Chamber imo ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jryan555

Anyone thinking Red Hot Chili Peppers? like the Strokes last year they’re headlining a few festivals over the summer and have nothing booked in September

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭endainoz

Jryan555 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking Red Hot Chili Peppers? like the Strokes last year they’re headlining a few festivals over the summer and have nothing booked in September

Wouldn't be in any rush to see them. Remember how terribly boring they were that time at Oxegen a few years ago.

Mr.S wrote: »

Could get behind KOL playing tbh, decent back catalogue and would draw a crowd.

I think we already established they are in a different continent the same weekend so unlikely id say.

Out of who's touring, The Black Keys are doing a few shows in Canada up to the middle of May. Maybe a few European dates coming soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jryan555 wrote: »

God no, saw them once and that was enough. God awful

And as shown on The Good Place, purposefully spending money on that band is a one way ticket to damnation.

endainoz wrote: »
    I think we already established they are in a different continent the same weekend so unlikely id say.

Out of who's touring, The Black Keys are doing a few shows in Canada up to the middle of May. Maybe a few European dates coming soon?

Ah i forgot about that, nevermind so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

endainoz wrote: »

Thank f.u.c.k, kol most overrated and boring acts out there, I wouldn't say they're cheap either..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

I don't know if this was mentioned but I believe there is no throwback stage from Electric Ireland this year.

That was good craic and always a bit of buzz around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've never spent time there but it would be a loss alright. Big changes this year no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Simple Minds, 40th Anniversary Tour
    CQAF, Custom House Square, Belfast
    Sunday 23rd August

Been a right few years since their last appearance (2014/2015?).

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE **** YEAH

AHHHHHGGGHHH HOLY CRAP ITS THE RAGE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Fair play to Festival Republic if this is confirmed. We are definitely benefitting from having R&L the weekend before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

That's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

IMO that is one of the most random headline bookings ever from Electric Picnic. Not necessarily in a bad way, but I did not see that coming at all and would wonder how many EP goers are big RATM fans.

I feel sorry for R&L as this is the 2nd headliner to announce before their announcement ha

Looks like they are doing the Friday according to those dates as they are Berlin on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Fair play to Festival Republic if this is confirmed. We are definitely benefitting from having R&L the weekend before.

It's confirmed, on the EP twitter page

• Advertisement

They have taken the video down from their FB page anyways

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement