Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

Fantastic announcement great that they are back..

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Poorside wrote: »
    Just imagine the amount of teenager kicking that'll go on ....

🀣 too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Legacy act

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

This is stellar news for a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

......and if you think the crowd rush for Billie Ellish was mad on the Friday last year.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 el3ctronick

hi, I have been in Ireland for 4 years now, been to many gigs but never to electric picnic. I just saw that Rage against the machine were announced.. and I want to go. According to RATM website the tickets will go on sale on the 13/2. As I see electric picnic tickets are completely sold out (before announcing the line up?lol). I have two questions:
    1) Will they issue tickets for RATM for friday 4/9/20?
    2) are the any day ticket passes(if I want friday or saturday only) in electric picnic or only weekend and sunday only?

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Potential for a.massive live collab there between RTJ and De La Rocha. Would be insane to hear the three of them do Close Your Eyes and Count to **** together.
    they've done it together a few times before, so hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭endainoz

hi, I have been in Ireland for 4 years now, been to many gigs but never to electric picnic. I just saw that Rage against the machine were announced.. and I want to go. According to RATM website the tickets will go on sale on the 13/2. As I see electric picnic tickets are completely sold out (before announcing the line up?lol). I have two questions:
    2) are the any day ticket passes(if I want friday or saturday only) in electric picnic or only weekend and sunday only?

thank you
    The answer to both your questions is unfortunately no. All tickets are sold out and have been for a while. But toutless is always a great place to go for them.

Tickets always become available closer to the event as well.

There are Sunday tickets but those are also sold out.

endainoz wrote: »
    The answer to both your questions is unfortunately no. All tickets are sold out and have been for a while. But toutless is always a great place to go for them.

Tickets always become available closer to the event as well.

There are Sunday tickets but those are also sold out.

bad news but thank you for responding. I think I will go to see them in Poland, it is going to be cheaper from buying tickets from resellers.. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

rhubarb rhubarb...

thank you

1. No, no they will not, the weekend tickets sold out quite a while ago BUT you will always be able to buy tickets off other people/toutless.com in the weeks running up to the event. DO NOT PAY ANYONE MORE THAN FACE VALUE FOR A TICKET!!!

2. They only have sunday tickets as day tickets, that's it. They normally go on sale when the main announcement takes place which is usually mid march.

So, we know RATM are playing the Friday, you'll need to get your paws on a weekend ticket. Start saving the pennies and bide your time, you'll see tickets being advertised for silly money over the next month and after the main announcement, hold fire and wait till much closer.

The number of tickets massively increased this year and there will be tickets floating at face value just before the festival.

• Advertisement

1. No, no they will not, the weekend tickets sold out quite a while ago BUT you will always be able to buy tickets off other people/toutless.com in the weeks running up to the event. DO NOT PAY ANYONE MORE THAN FACE VALUE FOR A TICKET!!!

2. They only have sunday tickets as day tickets, that's it. They normally go on sale when the main announcement takes place which is usually mid march.

So, we know RATM are playing the Friday, you'll need to get your paws on a weekend ticket. Start saving the pennies and bide your time, you'll see tickets being advertised for silly money over the next month and after the main announcement, hold fire and wait till much closer.

The number of tickets massively increased this year and there will be tickets floating at face value just before the festival.

thanks a lot for the information mate! Not planning to pay resale.. I prefer to travel to see them. I will be keeping an eye to toutless hoping to have the opportunity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

bad news but thank you for responding. I think I will go to see them in Poland, it is going to be cheaper from buying tickets from resellers.. thanks :)

Weekend tickets do become available a few days before the festival starts,a few friends got weekend tickets last year and collected at the Mobile box office on the Friday ,so they do drop online a few days before the start of the festival....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Holly f.uckballs RATM fuuuuuucccccckkkkkkiiing deadly what an "announcement"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Potential for a.massive live collab there between RTJ and De La Rocha. Would be insane to hear the three of them do Close Your Eyes and Count to **** together.

Holy moly what a prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Genuine question but why would they not have played a stand alone gig? Like surely it would have sold out?

Isn’t there going to be so many people that would love to see them but won’t want to go to ep never mind have tickets now with it being sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

They will probably do arena tour in Europe next summer

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rfrip wrote: »
    Genuine question but why would they not have played a stand alone gig? Like surely it would have sold out?

Isn’t there going to be so many people that would love to see them but won’t want to go to ep never mind have tickets now with it being sold out?

They seems to be playing the festivals circuit in Europe .... So it's venues where they don't need to organise the logistics of their own stages / sound etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Think you answered your own question.

I’m lolling at the rage against the machine thread

Dickhead picnic :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

R&L has an awful line up.

Courteeners higher up the bill than RTJ? FFS.

If they got the schedule right on the Sunday - Idles, Slowthai, RTJ and RATM - it would be a strong run though but I'd genuinely struggle to find five acts over the rest of the weekend to see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

RnL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

502509.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That was what I thought. I would have thought most RATM fans would not have EP tickets already, and a large chunk of people with tickets wouldn't be huge RATM fans, this thread arguably being the exception!

That R&L lineup is not my thing at all. I actually don't think there is one act on it that I would like to see added to any Irish festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Having never seen RATM over the years, I am utterly thrilled by this news. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Loving the RATM announcement.. Have i missed the boat on the Ecocamp for this year?..only sorted tickets yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Loving the RATM announcement.. Have i missed the boat on the Ecocamp for this year?..only sorted tickets yesterday

They don't send out notification of the registration until after the main announcement - keep an eye on their Facebook page.

That was what I thought. I would have thought most RATM fans would not have EP tickets already, and a large chunk of people with tickets wouldn't be huge RATM fans, this thread arguably being the exception!

That R&L lineup is not my thing at all. I actually don't think there is one act on it that I would like to see added to any Irish festival.

Yeah I’m not into that line up either! I’m hoping for tame impala though!
    Are you giving ep a skip this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭dav09

Good and bad on the R&L lineup. Down the list some good acts, there's loads of hip hop that would be good additions to EP Slowthai, Denzel, Headie, Danny Brown. We seemed to be deprived of almost any hip hop last year (although Scary Eire besides sound issues were class as always) so would be nice to see some more this year. Mahalia, Fontaines, Idles would be good shouts I reckon too to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Just saw on twitter that RATM are playing L&R, thought to myself "that might line them up for EP also", open boards EP thread... viola!

What a lovely surprise. Tuesday's can be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

502509.jpg

Wouldn't mind Idles from that and some of the hip hop acts like Denzel Curry, JPEGMAFIA and Danny Brown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement