Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Calvin Harris headlining Sziget,
    looks a strong possibility now.
    EP thread favourite Major Laser also annouced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They're both Friday. Leeds is the week before.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rage-against-the-machine-2020-headlining-tour-950346/

March 26 — El Paso, TX @ Don Haskins Center
    March 28 — Las Cruces, NM @ Pan American Center
    March 30 — Glendale, AZ @ Gila River Arena
    April 10 — Indio, CA @ Coachella
    April 17 — Indio, CA @ Coachella
    April 21 — Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
    April 25 — Portland, OR @ Moda Center
    April 28 — Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
    May 1 — Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum at the PNE
    May 3 — Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place
    May 5 — Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
    May 7 — Winnipeg, MB @ Bell MTS Place
    May 9 — Sioux Falls, SD @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
    May 11 — Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
    May 14 — Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
    May 16 — St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
    May 19 — Chicago, IL @ United Center
    May 23 — Boston, MA @ Boston Calling
    June 19 — Dover, DE @ Firefly
    July 10 — East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    July 13 — Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
    July 17 — Ottawa, ON @ Ottawa Bluesfest
    July 18 — Festival d’Été de Québec @ Festival d’Été de Québec
    July 21 — Hamilton, ON @ FirstOntario Centre
    July 23 — Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
    July 27 — Buffalo, NY @ KeyBank Center
    July 29 — Cleveland, OH @ Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
    July 31 — Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
    August 2 — Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
    August 4 — Washington DC @ Capital One Arena
    August 7 — Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
    August 10 — New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    August 11 — New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    August 28 — Leeds, UK @ Leeds Festival
    August 30 — Reading, UK @ Reading Festival
    September 1 — Paris, France @ Rock En Seine Festival
    September 4 — Stradbally Laois, Ireland @ Electric Picnic Festival
    September 6 — Berlin, Germany @ Lollapalooza Berlin Festival
    September 8 — Prague, Czech Republic @ O2 Arena
    September 10 — Krakow, Poland @ Tauron Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

showpony1 wrote: »
    Calvin Harris headlining Sziget,
    looks a strong possibility now.
    EP thread favourite Major Laser also annouced.

Every. Feckin. Year.

STOP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

Snow patrol on the latitude lineup, surely they are a shoe in EP aswell? I personally wouldn't mind them on Sunday evening, easy to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wooderson wrote: »
    Youre not spoiling my buzz at all - respect your opinion. My apols if I've stepped out of line.

I'd have RATM over at least a dozen headliners i've watched in Michael's field. Not having a ticket for the first time in nearly 20 years has me quite pleased with goings on in Stradbally.

No disagreement at all man. Delighted for you and others here as Rage are a huge booking and a good indication of how the main acts will go. I'd not pay €80 to see them at a standalone gig but I'll be near the front for this one. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Maybe the EP Booking Squad will develop a theme for the Friday and we'll have an appearance from Therapy? this year.

endainoz wrote: »
    Snow patrol on the latitude lineup, surely they are a shoe in EP aswell? I personally wouldn't mind them on Sunday evening, easy to listen to.

Never had a problem with Snow Patrol, Coldplay or Keane. I'd not shell out for their shows but each have a handful of very good tunes. Plenty of bland stuff too, but I've never understood the hatred for them.

And as potential headliners go we could do a lot worse as Showpony has pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Every. Feckin. Year.

STOP!

TFu7Cqn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

ah jaysus - another band with the Coronavirus

rubick wrote: »
    Maybe the EP Booking Squad will develop a theme for the Friday and we'll have an appearance from Therapy? this year.

That's a great call. Caught them in Galway last year and they were excellent. They looked like they were really enjoying gigging still and did a lengthy set, all the usual stuff and Husker Du, Joy Division & Buzzcocks covers. Fab stuff.

And while we're at it can we finally have SLF in Stradbally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

optogirl wrote: »
    ah jaysus - another band with the Coronavirus

As a Down man I'm supposed to show support for them but neh. Watery oul sh*te.
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That's a great call. Caught them in Galway last year and they were excellent. They looked like they were really enjoying still playing a did a lengthy set, all the usual stuff and Husker Du, Joy Division & Buzzcocks covers. Fab still.

Good god that all sounds world class!

Never had a problem with Snow Patrol, Coldplay or Keane. I'd not shell out for their shows but each have a handful of very good tunes. Plenty of bland stuff too, but I've never understood the hatred for them.

And as potential headliners go we could do a lot worse as Showpony has pointed out.

Same, I never had an issue with them myself. Would prefer them a hell of a lot more than so many other Irish pop acts.

Oh Therapy could be a possibility, already down to play Indiependence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Every. Feckin. Year.

STOP!

They are both at the very top of the bill of a huge Festival in Mid-august.
    Probably the one year it's actually a possibility Pablo.

Hopefully they can get Foster the People from that Sziget line-up also.
    There's a load from that line-up could imagine being at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's a great call. Caught them in Galway last year and they were excellent. They looked like they were really enjoying gigging still and did a lengthy set, all the usual stuff and Husker Du, Joy Division & Buzzcocks covers. Fab stuff.

They're playing the Olympia later in September. Therapy that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

showpony1 wrote: »
    They are both at the very top of the bill of a huge Festival in Mid-august.
    Probably the one year it's actually a possibility Pablo.

Hopefully they can get Foster the People from that Sziget line-up also.
    There's a load from that line-up could imagine being at EP.

FTFY
    /s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Was caught short at MadCool between the two main stages and had to experience some of Snow Patrol's set. Grim. Really grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I can be funny about gigs, if snow patrol were headlining I’d have a meltdown but if they were on main stage at around half four on the Sunday I’d probably go see them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Even reading the word Keane makes me nauseous never mind listening to them :D

Snarky Snark Snark

Travis doing a few dates round picnic time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Wooderson wrote: »
    Was caught short at MadCool between the two main stages and had to experience some of Snow Patrol's set. Grim. Really grim.

I'd say you have just woken up after the deep sleep!!

Do snow patrol have any kind of following though? I'd argue anyone under 30 would even know them and the >30 year olds that like them probably wont be at the picnic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Terms like 'Coldplay', 'Snow Patrol' and 'Keane' being thrown around in here willy nilly. Seathrun clearly drunk in charge of a keyboard. Scruff babbling about Travis. I mean what the feck is going on? Who's moderating this shambles of a thread? Lads we're mere weeks away from an actual announcement. Get your **** together.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

The scale of this years lineup really needs to reflect the increase of capacity to 70k. After all if FR are planning on maintaining a sell out festival at that scale in the future they need to continuously impress with lineups especially given what’s on offer in mainland Europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The scale of this years lineup really needs to reflect the increase of capacity to 70k. After all if FR are planning on maintaining a sell out festival at that scale in the future they need to continuously impress with lineups especially given what’s on offer in mainland Europe...

They will maintain it simply by booking whatever flavour of the month is in the charts at the moment and sticking them on the main stage at 7 on the saturday.
    Who released that Dance Monkey ****? That'll do for them.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They will maintain it simply by booking whatever flavour of the month is in the charts at the moment and sticking them on the main stage at 7 on the saturday.
    Who released that Dance Monkey ****? That'll do for them.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine today?! We just got one of the best bookings in the history of the picnic and your giving out about a hypothetical pop act.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Turtle doing his pantomime villain stuff again. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm calling it that Taylor Swift will headline this year.

Snarky Snark Snark

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'm calling it that Taylor Swift will headline this year.

Only if she does the show with Def Leppard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine today?! We just got one of the best bookings in the history of the picnic and your giving out about a hypothetical pop act.

Hardly complaining, that was a legitimate guess. It's been a very effective strategy for them the last few years to book the biggest chart sensation of the year. The last two years it just happened to be decent bookings. This year it may not. They still plonked Picture This on before the Prodigy in 2018, that's not exactly intuitive scheduling, but by booking the former they can afford to keep getting the latter. The tweets from duck faced girls and metrosexual lads about the Rage announcement at R&L wouldnt be a million miles from where EP is now, so they have to balance the genuinely great bookings with whatever it is kids are shifting to at GAA club discos these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

New Tame Impala record out today. If I keep guessing them as headliners, it'll happen eventually, right?...

(album isn't doing much for me - definitely needs a few more listens, though. 8/10 from Pitchfork if people care about that sort of thing)

Q - what sort of slot do people think Run the Jewels will get? On before Rage as part of the package deal or will they get their own prominent spot elsewhere on another day if the weekend is free?

Just before Rage on the main stage makes the most sense to me given that they're touring together. I had the idea that Friday was the quiet day because of the shorter schedule but last year it had Billie Eilish (biggest crowd of the weekend) and the year before Kendrick Lamar, so certainly a precedent from that year at least in using a big headliner early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

New Tame Impala record out today. If I keep guessing them as headliners, it'll happen eventually, right?...

(album isn't doing much for me - definitely needs a few more listens, though. 8/10 from Pitchfork if people care about that sort of thing)

Q - what sort of slot do people think Run the Jewels will get? On before Rage as part of the package deal or will they get their own prominent spot elsewhere on another day if the weekend is free?

Just before Rage on the main stage makes the most sense to me given that they're touring together. I had the idea that Friday was the quiet day because of the shorter schedule but last year it had Billie Eilish (biggest crowd of the weekend) and the year before Kendrick Lamar, so certainly a precedent from that year at least in using a big headliner early.

Same stage, same day. They are touring together and will likely share production crew.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement