Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Last RTJ outing had them placed mid-afternoon, I think it was on the Saturday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

rubick wrote: »
    Last RTJ outing had them placed mid-afternoon, I think it was on the Saturday.

It was chaos. Beautiful wonderful circle of death chaos at around 5.30/6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Daughter are touring Europe mid-late August.
    I could definitely see them being added.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Some appropriate acts that have never been booked for EP. Hey bookers, how about crossing some of these off the list:

SLF
    Squeeze
    Lloyd Cole
    Therapy?
    Wire
    Chuck Prophet
    Buzzcocks
    Freddie White
    Heaven 17
    Peter Hook
    Teenage Fanclub
    Wedding Present
    David Byrne (solo)
    Pixies
    Arab Strap

And aren't Mercury Rev also long overdue a return?

Not much youth in that list.

Had a gleek on The Levellers' website, they are in Bristol over Glastonbury weekend so you'd think they'd be a cert for Worthy Farm. They play a festival in Devon two weeks before the Picnic. Have they played Stradbally before? I can't remember them during my time going (2011 onwards).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Saw Fionn Regan and Aoife Nessa Frances last night in Whelans. Be happy to see either again and both have new albums released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Suede playing Dun Laoghaire so that kinda puts them out, Supergrass also.

(unless we're super lucky and the MCD link there means they're a twoofer with EP)

Suede playing Dun Laoghaire so that kinda puts them out, Supergrass also.

(unless we're super lucky and the MCD link there means they're a twoofer with EP)

Peter Hook & The Light and Ash too. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

rubick wrote: »
    Had a gleek on The Levellers' website, they are in Bristol over Glastonbury weekend so you'd think they'd be a cert for Worthy Farm. They play a festival in Devon two weeks before the Picnic. Have they played Stradbally before? I can't remember them during my time going (2011 onwards).

I remember an old joke about the Levellers which may be a little un PC but I still like it
    The Levellers don't actually tour. They just keep getting moved on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

New tame impala album is brilliant on the first listen. No weak track

If they are announced il never mention roybn again

Financially though I really hope they are aswell because I just can’t afford another gig this year, especially in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What has become of their "exciting news" about the announcement of the news about the announcement of the news? Of the announcement? Of the lineup? In the coming days, they said. These are the coming days. We are living them. Give me an announcement. Or news.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

Rfrip wrote: »
    New tame impala album is brilliant on the first listen. No weak track

If they are announced il never mention roybn again

Financially though I really hope they are aswell because I just can’t afford another gig this year, especially in Dublin!

Haven't had a chance to listen to the new music yet but would agree that they would be a fantastic announcement. Certainly an act with the potential to please a lot of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephenm1605

My predicted headliners:

RATM - Friday
    Taylor Swift - Saturday
    Foo Fighters - Sunday

Across the weekend:
    RTJ, Slowthai, Bicep, Chemical Brothers, AJ Tracey, Lewis Capaldi, Idles, Fontaines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephenm1605

I also would love to see the waterboys play at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I also would love to see the waterboys play at some point

Waterboys are playing 14th August in listowel....

revivalfestival.ie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My predicted headliners:

RATM - Friday
    Taylor Swift - Saturday
    Foo Fighters - Sunday

Across the weekend:
    RTJ, Slowthai, Bicep, Chemical Brothers, AJ Tracey, Lewis Capaldi, Idles, Fontaines.

Taylor seems to be in Europe at the start of the summer so doubt she will be back in Europe in September.
    Cant see Foo's either as similar to Swift they are only in Europe in June/July (although id happily be wrong ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

We need to put a stop to all these extra festivals happening so they don't keep stealing possible lineups for EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We need to put a stop to all these extra festivals happening so they don't keep stealing possible lineups for EP.

Pretty sure the brits self immolating themselves is going to do that for us.

Pretty sure the brits self immolating themselves is going to do that for us.

Luckily, we've been growing our own potatoes and post punk bands in readiness for any eventuality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My predicted headliners:

RATM - Friday
    Taylor Swift - Saturday
    Foo Fighters - Sunday

Across the weekend:

Seriously where ya going with Taylor swift!! She filled Croke Park last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Taylor seems to be in Europe at the start of the summer so doubt she will be back in Europe in September.
    Cant see Foo's either as similar to Swift they are only in Europe in June/July (although id happily be wrong ha)

Can't believe I know this but she lives in London currently, I think she'll play mainly because she's doing everywhere else and has no irish date yet.

Friday - RATM
    Saturay - Taylor Swift (with Tame Impala in the late slot)
    Sunday - Liam Galagher

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Can't believe I know this but she lives in London currently, I think she'll play mainly because she's doing everywhere else and has no irish date yet.

Friday - RATM
    Sunday - Liam Galagher

Oh that would leave me cold. We can do better than that. I know, I know, we don't care so much about the headliners but after the Strokes and Massive Attack the last 2 years, I'd miss having a big night out in front of the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Friday - RATM
    Sunday - Liam Galagher

Her mum is ill, she's doing a short Euro tour and then going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

Stillill42 wrote: »
    [/B]
    Oh that would leave me cold. We can do better than that. I know, I know, we don't care so much about the headliners but after the Strokes and Massive Attack the last 2 years, I'd miss having a big night out in front of the main stage.

I think you'll be severely disappointed if you think the headliners will be better than that. As much as I don't think Taylor Swift will be there, there is no arguing she would be classed a stellar draw. I do have a sneaking suspicion Liam Gallagher will be booked (ffs) and I'd be over the moon to see Tame Impala booked, though I get the feeling they may even be beyond festival slots at the moment. Interested to hear any suggestions or predictions you'd have? I can't think of any really, I only hope James Murphy gets the band together for a standalone date given his customary attendance at the festival! Realistically though I predict RATM will be the biggest booking they do regards to money spent on bringing them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think you'll be severely disappointed if you think the headliners will be better than that. As much as I don't think Taylor Swift will be there, there is no arguing she would be classed a stellar draw. I do have a sneaking suspicion Liam Gallagher will be booked (ffs) and I'd be over the moon to see Tame Impala booked, though I get the feeling they may even be beyond festival slots at the moment. Interested to hear any suggestions or predictions you'd have? I can't think of any really, I only hope James Murphy gets the band together for a standalone date given his customary attendance at the festival! Realistically though I predict RATM will be the biggest booking they do regards to money spent on bringing them over.

We're more likely to get Despacio than the LCD Soundsystem, but I wouldn't mind that either loved it the last time it was here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

sweetie wrote: »
    Saw Fionn Regan and Aoife Nessa Frances last night in Whelans. Be happy to see either again and both have new albums released.

Saw them both at the gig tonight. Enthralled! Can I ask how long Fionn played for last night? 50 mins tonight. Brilliant s those minutes were it was very short!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

+1 for the new Tame Impala record love, fwiw.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    +1 for the new Tame Impala record love, fwiw.

While there is no Let it happen on the new album on first listen very enjoyable. As one of my gigs of 2019 would love to see them at EP

• Advertisement

Predictions
    Foals
    Erasure
    Hayden Thorpe
    Cherym
    Fontaines
    Lisa Hannigan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement