Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tbh if Taylor Swift was announced id probably catch her set(unless there was another clash) as she has some decent hits...................please dont judge me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

200 days tomorrow until early entry. Can we hope for an announcement!?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

Mostly based on EOTR & Green Man I'm expecting at least half of these:

DJ Koze
    Caribou
    Big Thief
    Bright Eyes
    Goldfrapp
    Angel Olsen
    Creep Show
    Despacio
    Mac Demarco
    King Krule
    Agnes Obel
    Little Simz
    Aldous Harding
    B. C. Camplight
    Shame
    Fontaines D. C.
    Murder Capital
    Warmduscher
    Squid
    Black Country, New Road

All of which I'd be happy to see. Personally hope Pixies don't take a headline slot but have a feeling they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

DJ Koze
    Caribou
    Big Thief
    Bright Eyes
    Goldfrapp
    Angel Olsen
    Creep Show
    Despacio
    Mac Demarco
    King Krule
    Agnes Obel
    Little Simz
    Aldous Harding
    B. C. Camplight
    Shame
    Fontaines D. C.
    Murder Capital
    Warmduscher
    Squid
    Black Country, New Road

All of which I'd be happy to see. Personally hope Pixies don't take a headline slot but have a feeling they will.

I would say you can rule a good amount of those acts Big thief, angel olsen, caribou are all playing summer shows here with Aiken so they’re unlikely.

I have the feeling DeMarco is Waterford bound.

Great list tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Have had the new tame impala album on repeat all morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tbh if Taylor Swift was announced id probably catch her set(unless there was another clash) as she has some decent hits...................please dont judge me :pac:

i'll judge you on having good taste :pac:
    she'd be one of the best headliners EP has ever had IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭endainoz

I don't get all this Taylor Swift talk at all lads, way too big of an act to get for EP in terms of popularity. Would fill croke park no bother. Is she a festival republic act like RATM or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

DJ Koze
    Caribou
    Big Thief
    Bright Eyes
    Goldfrapp
    Angel Olsen
    Creep Show
    Despacio
    Mac Demarco
    King Krule
    Agnes Obel
    Little Simz
    Aldous Harding
    B. C. Camplight
    Shame
    Fontaines D. C.
    Murder Capital
    Warmduscher
    Squid
    Black Country, New Road

Surely no chance of Pixies after all their recent Irish activity. Unless Chic have had enough and are looking for someone to hold the fort? Personally, they'd be as good as it gets for me in front of the main stage on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

On first listen of the new Tame Impala album I can already say there’s some great music on there and that they’d be a great announcement...Feel as though I’m building myself up to be let down but fingers crossed I’m not!

Edit: Not to knock anyone else’s taste but I just couldn’t see myself getting behind the Taylor Swift enthusiasm. Personally could see the headliner spots going to better acts...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think ATN said they will have their main first announcement done by the end of the month. Might push EP to act a bit sooner than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Taylor Swift is way too big for EP. She'd sell out Croker for 3 nights easily. I've no idea what her fee is for booking but I'm sure itd run EP into the red if they booked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Saw them both at the gig tonight. Enthralled! Can I ask how long Fionn played for last night? 50 mins tonight. Brilliant s those minutes were it was very short!

Yeah less than an hour. ANF played nearly as long and I was excited to see her too so I was happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

200 days tomorrow until early entry. Can we hope for an announcement!?

Sleeps, we count round here in sleeps, get with the program.

There are 202 sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Haim taking a headliner slot

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

I see Kings of Leon are playing in the US on September 4th which almost certainly puts them out of the running?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Taylor Swift is way too big for EP. She'd sell out Croker for 3 nights easily. I've no idea what her fee is for booking but I'm sure itd run EP into the red if they booked her.
    She did 2 nights in Croker last time she was here and they couldn't give the tickets away. Literally, they were handing out bundles of free tickets to clubs and companies all over the country just to fill both nights.
    She'd sell out 1 fairly easily, can't manage 2.

She's playing smaller festivals than EP in June/July, so her fee can't be that big for this festival run she's doing (first time playing festivals).

She's not in Europe in August/September though, so there's next to no hope of her playing EP.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Haim taking a headliner slot

Already playing here at Trinity at the end of June.

Already playing here at Trinity at the end of June.

Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

sweetie wrote: »
    Phew

Love to see The Gizz in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone see the Tears for Fears doc last night? They don't play often but their 3 Arena gig last year was stunning.

Would go down a storm at EP. A perfect sub-headliner, but good luck following that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

sweetie wrote: »
    Phew

Second that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Second that

Compared to some of the other ****e that's been suggested haim would be a marked improvement as headliners, won't be though since they're playing trinity in june

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone see the Tears for Fears doc last night? They don't play often but their 3 Arena gig last year was stunning.

Would go down a storm at EP. A perfect sub-headliner, but good luck following that.

Are that pair still talking or did they not fall out again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Are we ruling Bon Iver out due to his May gig? Tough enough picking headliners that are on the circuit this Summer and don't have Irish gigs. Further down the bill, I'm hoping for Idles, Rolling blackouts coastal fever, Shame and I'll put in my annual prayer for British Sea Power. After last night, I'm sick that Supergrass won't be in the frame. Amazing set. They'd have been savage.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Are we ruling Bon Iver out due to his May gig? Tough enough picking headliners that are on the circuit this Summer and don't have Irish gigs. Further down the bill, I'm hoping for Idles, Rolling blackouts coastal fever, Shame and I'll put in my annual prayer for British Sea Power. After last night, I'm sick that Supergrass won't be in the frame. Amazing set. They'd have been savage.

I'd be hopeful the first two will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Are that pair still talking or did they not fall out again?

Not sure. The documentary was filmed very recently, I'd guess last year, and all seemed good. Their 2018 tour was postponed after the death of Orzabel's wife. Thus I'd be very surprised if during that grieving process and the brilliantly-received 2019 tour they'd managed to fall out again. But I'm happy to be corrected.

The very best of their work stands up extremely well. Some throwaway tosh, but hey, who got through the 80s without that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Loving this lady/band, from Dundalk, played on the body and soul mainstage last year.

Serious act live.

https://youtu.be/kJYCqgJ1oR0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not sure. The documentary was filmed very recently, I'd guess last year, and all seemed good. Their 2018 tour was postponed after the death of Orzabel's wife. Thus I'd be very surprised if during that grieving process and the brilliantly-received 2019 tour they'd managed to fall out again. But I'm happy to be corrected.

The very best of their work stands up extremely well. Some throwaway tosh, but hey, who got through the 80s without that?

The James. All killer, no filler ;)

Over the years on the rave Lyn and I have met a couple from here that lived in London in the very early 90s. Their apartment/squat was downstairs from a room that was used by Tears For Fears for rehearsals, and they met the band a few times, by all accounts lovely folks. My favourite tale they told us however was being rudely awaked one Sunday morning by what sounded like a large explosion - on looking out the window however it was just Jimmy Cauty of the KLF starting up one of his tanks. Different days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://nialler9.com/james-murphy-to-play-district-8-this-may/

James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem to play District 8 in May.

We were floating the idea of them being on the festival circuit this summer - any sign of that happening?

Murphy has a few solo slots and Despacio appearances lined up already. Some people love that but it's the full band experience I'd be holding out for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Oooft!

If we could have a repeat of the New Order/LCD Soundsystem/Despacio 2016 line-up without the rain that would be quite acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement