Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ha! Attention Lotius Flower! Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott on the Late Late! Let's see if they can win the sceptics over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God Paul Heaton has not aged

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Loving this.

Actually emosh listening to them

Happy hour...oh my little heart.
    That was so lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Hey. Anyone doing the tour de Picnic?

Is the €60 registration fee part of the €450 you need to raise for charity? I remember last year hearing it was, but Entertainment.ie says its on top of the €450...

thanks!

Registration fee went towards your total last year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gig recommendation - caught a magnificent covers band earlier tonight. Dublin eight-piece called Playback who did the whole of Stop Making Sense. Note-perfect musicianship and a special groove going from the outset. Playing Dublin and Wexford in May and would be ideal for EP.

And hey, I realise that it's unforgivable sacrilege but I believe they're a couple of notches above the Roadhouse Doors and TCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Gig recommendation - caught a magnificent covers band earlier tonight. Dublin eight-piece called Playback who did the whole of Stop Making Sense. Note-perfect musicianship and a special groove going from the outset. Playing Dublin and Wexford in May and would be ideal for EP.

And hey, I realise that it's unforgivable sacrilege but I believe they're a couple of notches above the Roadhouse Doors and TCM.

Add Dirty Harry the Blondie tribute act from Dundee. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

SXSW cancelled, Coachella could follow apparently.

Add Dirty Harry the Blondie tribute act from Dundee. :)

You're back. Any Will & Kate tales from Tigh Coli?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not really Seath, trying to avoid public places apart from my gig on Monday, para about this Covid-19 about the country. :) Roll on the Picnic announcement and hopefully not them saying that they can't go ahead this year. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Not really Seath, trying to avoid public places apart from my gig on Monday, para about this Covid-19 about the country. :) Roll on the Picnic announcement and hopefully not them saying that they can't go ahead this year. :)

EP should be okay given its timing though we may lose a few North American artists. I'd say most major events until July/August will be called off, Glasto included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

EP should be okay given its timing though we may lose a few North American artists. I'd say most major events until July/August will be called off, Glasto included.

Nooooo

Although if that happens we might get a few artists cutting their price for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Isn't there a covers band outfit in Ireland that puts on a show of music from The Last Waltz? I'd enjoy a stand at that of an evening.

rubick wrote: »
    Isn't there a covers band outfit in Ireland that puts on a show of music from The Last Waltz? I'd enjoy a stand at that of an evening.

Yeah, they've been here twice in the past 18 months. Big cast (unsurprisingly) so more expensive than other covers crews, €25-30. Not seen them nor heard reports.

Anyone seen Mack Fleetwood? All of the mentioned are great shouts for EP. Still staggered by how good the Stop Making Sense crowd were. That's not simple stuff to perform.

And worry not, the covers bands discussion will be done by the 11th.

Yeah, they've been here twice in the past 18 months. Big cast (unsurprisingly) so more expensive than other covers crews, €25-30. Not seen them nor heard reports.

Anyone seen Mack Fleetwood? All of the mentioned are great shouts for EP. Still staggered by how good the Stop Making Sense crowd were. That's not simple stuff to perform.

I havnt seen Mack fleetwood but would love to see them at ep. They are the type of thing I’d love to see at around 2.30pm on the Saturday sipping a few beers and getting started on day two

Everything has its place at ep! That’s the beauty of it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea caught them when they played Kildare over a year ago and they were unreal would highly recommend going to see them if they are playing nearby. Yea they would be a great on the Salty Dog with a late night slot imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

North American? Oh man we better not lose Rage!

I see a crowd called Karma Police getting a bit of attention lately. We love a bit of Radiohead around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

f**king r-word, *****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Rfrip wrote: »
    I havnt seen Mack fleetwood but would love to see them at ep. They are the type of thing I’d love to see at around 2.30pm on the Saturday sipping a few beers and getting started on day two

Everything has its place at ep! That’s the beauty of it

Yea I saw them last October, and was very impressed.

'the group' do the last waltz. Pretty sure they're all jobbing musicians from Dublin. I've seen that show 2 or 3 times and it's a cracker.
    They also did a version of Pink Floyd's the wall which was excellent.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I see a crowd called Karma Police getting a bit of attention lately. We love a bit of Radiohead around these parts.

They're in Galway in late Sept so a good sign they're playing that month. Bootleg Beach Boys a good addition last year so the bookers will be looking for more.

endainoz wrote: »
    North American? Oh man we better not lose Rage!

Just speculation man, nobody has any idea how it'll pan out but US artists have traditionally avoided hotspots.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is it this Wednesday that the announcement is coming?

Is it this Wednesday that the announcement is coming?
    Tuesday, I think. Weird way to be going into announcement week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Tuesday, I think. Weird way to be going into announcement week.

Think its 11th which is Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

anyone know the scenario regarding refunds if it is cancelled?
    (both EP and pink moon)

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

(both EP and pink moon)

cheers

I'd imagine we would get refunded to payment method. I had a Wolf parade ticket, got refunded to my Ticketmaster gift card.

(both EP and pink moon)

cheers

Post reported

Cant be having any of this talk....its announcment week ffs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

EP 2019 Announcement Week: Aphex Twin, lads!

EP 2020 Announcement Week: Wonder if we'll be alive in August, lads?

• Advertisement

rubick wrote: »
    EP 2019 Announcement Week: Aphex Twin, lads!

EP 2020 Announcement Week: Wonder if we'll be alive in August, lads?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement