Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

No code received. I've bought tickets the last 10 years...

Promotions folder on gmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Nothing yet,typical!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I was deemed ineligible for a code also.

And the 3 Picnics are all in my tm.ie history. I had alteady emailed them last week, and they said i should be fine.

Any codes going appreciated

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It's baffling because giving out the code doesn't guarantee that you will get one of the early bird tickets, as they can still sell out, so it's not like they are losing money by giving everyone a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

It is too much of coincidence that perhaps the cheapest discounted loyalty options have not been honoured. It stinks if it's a case of 'luck of the draw'. I'd imagine a high percentage of the lucky ones are on the smaller figures of picnics attended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Just a heads up to anyone who has their purchase history on their TM account.

I DM'd TM help on twitter, and copied the ineligibility email and my account details.
    They just got back to say the email was incorrect, and gave me a 3 picnic code.

@TMIrelandHelp

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

I got the code for 2 or more. :D

Friend of mine has been to 8/9 Picnics. Didn't receive a code, but got the 'not eligible' email. She got through to TM on the phone. They are saying it was luck of the draw. Limited amount going. Anyone else get that?

So, the blurb about ballot may be correct...see the conditions that were put up (part of them here)

Verified Fan Terms and Conditions Electric Picnic 2020
    Presale Eligibility Terms

1. In making a decision on your eligibility to be entered into the ballot to access Electric Picnic loyalty codes, we will assess the data you provide to us. As part of this assessment we panalyse the contact details you provide, in order to verify and authenticate these. Together all such data is your "Eligibility Data" and will be used to determine whether, in our opinion and based on our criteria, you are a "Verified Fan" who has purchased for one or more previous Electric Picnics online.
    ....etc.

Another thing....they are saying it's random, but what if they are rewarding the people who have their 3 past purchases, plus a shed load of other tickets bought in the past from TM??? I mean, I have a gnikcuf gargantuan amount of tickets bought from them in the past, what with me and my kids all going to events.

(I received a code).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I got the code for 2 or more. :D

Friend of mine has been to 8/9 Picnics. Didn't receive a code, but got the 'not eligible' email. She got through to TM on the phone. They are saying it was luck of the draw. Limited amount going. Anyone else get that?

Luck of the draw is not the same thing as loyalty, is it?

here is what the email says:
    Three or More Picnics Loyalty Offer
    Electric Picnic returns to Stradbally Co. Laois from Friday 4 – Sunday 6 September 2020.

In recognition of the fantastic support and the wonderful times that Electric Picnic and its followers have had together we'd like to reward our longstanding fans with a Loyalty Discount between Saturday 7 September at 09:00 and Sunday 29 September at midnight.

You are receiving this email because we have a record that you purchased 3 or more previous Electric Picnics and are eligible to get your Weekend Camping tickets at an incredible price of E170 until Sunday 29 September.

To purchase your tickets at this amazing price please click Find Tickets at 09:00 on Saturday 7 September and enter the code provided below on the Weekend Camping, Weekend Family or Instalments event to pick up your tickets.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Tickets for this offer are limited to 2 per person, per transaction, per household, per credit card. Bookings over the limit will be cancelled. Weekend Camping Tickets at the standard Presale price have a ticket limit of 4.

Please note that tickets are subject to availability. The loyalty scheme (and use of discount codes) will end at midnight on Sunday 29 September, or in the event of a sell-out of the allocation, whichever comes first. A discount code or request for a discount code does not guarantee a ticket purchase and tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis. The number of available discounted tickets are limited and receipt of a discount code does not guarantee a purchase of a ticket(s). Tickets may sell out before the stated deadlines. The use of discount codes will end once the loyalty tickets have sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

i got my 3 picnics code, didnt know it was a ballot! thats fcked up

Emailed TM but if its a lottery i’l get nowhere.

Any spare codes, would be very welcome !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I got a code - the sister wants to go next year so she can use it. I’m half thinking about buying one but I know I won’t go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

I also got the not eligible despite this being my tenth picnic and 8 of these showing on my online account. I had the same BS last year but missed the pre sale because of Ticketmaster's incompetence and had to fork out the full amount. In fact, almost every year previously I had to email Festival Republic for that loyalty to register also! I'm fuming!

Had anyone heard from support?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭endainoz

I just got mine, hadn't got one for the last few years. So it seems a bit random to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

For anyone who didn’t receive their code, it might sound obvious, but check your junk mail. My code was somehow in my junk mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

Charlie wrote: »
    For anyone who didn’t receive their code, it might sound obvious, but check your junk mail. My code was somehow in my junk mail.
    It's not that we didn't get them, it's that we got a reply saying we're not eligible despite having been 10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I sent a DM to the TM Twitter account and theyve emailed me a 3 year.

Wooderson wrote: »
    I sent a DM to the TM Twitter account and theyve emailed me a 3 year.

Thanks a bunch, i just attempted the same !

I'd be interested to know was there a technical SNAFU or was this a lucky dip.

Interestingly the 3 year has gone up to 170.

Wooderson wrote:

I'd say the latter. Same crap as last year, send out the email later on Friday and leave no time for people to sort it out. Selling early bird will still be more expensive than a 3+ picnic loyalty ticket.

• Advertisement

It was never a lucky dip previously, and the fact that you had to pre-register as well, means it makes no sense to piss people off, as there is only a certain amount of those loyalty tickets anyway

Wooderson wrote:

170 is still serious value for what you get with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheMcGuv

Promotions folder on gmail?
    In our case it was in the Yahoo spam folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Anyone know what the early bird/loyalty allocation is?

Was sent a less than 3 code last year and was on at 9am on the ball and spent half an hour trying to get them before giving up and just paying full whack because it kept saying there was no tickets available,

Have a 3+ code this year and I know last year those that I knew with the 3+ code had a lot less trouble trying to get theirs, presumably because less people had that one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

That's actually less than the increase in VAT from 9% to 13.5% would have been.

€165 would have become €171.81 if they applied the full increase

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Cxloe wrote: »
    Anyone know what the early bird/loyalty allocation is?

Was sent a less than 3 code last year and was on at 9am on the ball and spent half an hour trying to get them before giving up and just paying full whack because it kept saying there was no tickets available,

Have a 3+ code this year and I know last year those that I knew with the 3+ code had a lot less trouble trying to get theirs, presumably because less people had that one

I had a 3+ code last year but had the same issues as you (showing unavailable). Paid the full amount but I should have followed up with TM afterwards as some have said they did and got a refund for the difference.

As for allocation I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Three or More Picnics Loyalty Offer
    We’ve updated our records and you have been found eligible to receive an Electric Picnic Loyalty code, please disregard any earlier emails you may have received in relation to eligibility for the Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme from us today. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

saneman wrote: »
    I had a 3+ code last year but had the same issues as you (showing unavailable). Paid the full amount but I should have followed up with TM afterwards as some have said they did and got a refund for the difference.

As for allocation I've no idea.

Tickets being released on a Saturday means I don't have the comfort/security of using my work computer. Hoping the same thing doesn't happen this year when I have to use TMs god awful app.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JeanieJo

Anyone not get an email at all? I checked spam but nothing. I assumed when i didn't hear anything that I was 'turned down' but it seems everyone here got some kind of confirmation of email at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

I've always both my tickets from an outlet and showing wrist bans as proof.
    Got camper-van tickets the last two years online.
    So they gave me a 2+ loyalty code because of the camper-van tickets to EP not the the general admission tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement