Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Would it be too weird to open a dead pool on artists that are announced who won't make it to the festival...

Venn diagram anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Wooderson wrote: »
    Also tough to really commit to it given global concerns.

in fairness though we have a bigger problem if we are still worring about the corona virus come Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

In case we don't make it lads, I love you.

Stillill42 wrote: »

I can't speak for anyone else, nor will I, but you're scaring me...with the latter part of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Stillill42 wrote: »

I haven't welled up like this since Lamb played Goreki at the Body & Soul Stage in August 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I can't speak for anyone else, nor will I, but you're scaring me...with the latter part of that...

Too manly for such emotions - let loose brother

Too manly for such emotions - let loose brother

Ok....step 1...admittance

My name is fish_fingers...and I am scared of (some types of) love :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

im really hoping the 4 festival tour that James are doing in July will stretch to sept !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not sure if someone else posted this already but the launch event tomorrow is due to start at 12.30pm so expect the line-up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

I've never seen it so quiet on the eve of the announcement before. Guess people are keeping an eye on other things. Looks like Coachella is now delayed until October and in other news that literally nobody really cares about, it turns out Taylor Swift's people have now cancelled the fancy Dublin hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Peter Hook & The Light have been booked for Sunflower Festival in Down, end of July, week before ATN.
    Not sue if that rules them out of EP or not, I'd personally love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Xmas eve feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Excitement mixed with dread that ep wont go ahead (i know there are much bigger concerns and i have them too). I am going to channel the excitement tomorrow and what will be will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Excitement mixed with dread that ep wont go ahead (i know there are much bigger concerns and i have them too). I am going to channel the excitement tomorrow and what will be will be.

I think the biggest threat for EP could be bands abandoning their plans to tour entirely on the basis that other dates might be postponed. If you lose the first chunk of European dates, you might drop the whole tour even if there is no specific reason to cut Ireland.

(Wolf Parade and Santana have both dropped tours in Europe in recent weeks, including Irish shows)

The smaller bands might also suffer from insurance costs. Apparently a lot of them are now being advised to take out their own insurance ahead of potential gig cancellations and that is a cost many small acts just can't sustain or justify.

Hopefully this can all be gotten under control. Not just for the sake of festivals, of course, but for everyone affected.

I think the biggest threat for EP could be bands abandoning their plans to tour entirely on the basis that other dates might be postponed. If you lose the first chunk of European dates, you might drop the whole tour even if there is no specific reason to cut Ireland.

(Wolf Parade and Santana have both dropped tours in Europe in recent weeks, including Irish shows)

The smaller bands might also suffer from insurance costs. Apparently a lot of them are now being advised to take out their own insurance ahead of potential gig cancellations and that is a cost many small acts just can't sustain or justify.

Hopefully this can all be gotten under control. Not just for the sake of festivals, of course, but for everyone affected.

The Santana gig was only a few weeks away, while disappointing, it's not surprising. In fairness the man himself is in the at risk age group!

I do really think the idea of shutting everything down for 6 weeks or so should be looked at. But anyway we should throw a few predictions out there.

I'm holding out for the Raconteurs, even though they have no tours currently planned.

More realistic predictions would be Liam Gallagher and Miley Cyrus, maybe chemical brothers in there too.

From the Irish point of view I hope we'll get Fontaines, maybe Horslips as they are touring this Summer. More trad/folk acts for spike island!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I'll be teaching at announcement time but will have an eye on the phone.

So far this week I've had Paris marathon postponed, a half marathon postponed. If EP and/or Glastonbury go I will weep tears of genuine pain.

As for acts, I reckon we're looking at Rage, Liam G and Stormzy as headliners.

Would love to see James, Gerry Cinnamon (again), Little Simz, Paul Heaton, Arborist, Manics, Susan O'Neill, Five Grand Stereo, a bit of ska and the usual covers.

If we get there this year I need to spend more time at Spike Island. It looked great last year

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rubick wrote: »
    Peter Hook & The Light have been booked for Sunflower Festival in Down, end of July, week before ATN.
    Not sue if that rules them out of EP or not, I'd personally love to see them.

They are also playing one of the MCD gigs in Dun Laoghaire.

Gonna take a guess of some bands that could be announced tomorrow.

Tame Impala
    Royal Blood
    Manic Street Preachers
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Miley Cyrus
    Fontaines DC
    Foals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

It's a weird one - think RATM and RTJ will be the most exciting announcements we get so possibly tomorrow could be slightly anticlimactic.

Saying that, the thing I am most looking forward to is this time tomorrow evening when I get to go through a bunch of acts unknown (to me) and discovering some great new music

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

endainoz wrote: »
    it turns out Taylor Swift's people have now cancelled the fancy Dublin hotel.

Every cloud...

A little prayer tonight for a treatment for this poxy virus and for the appropriately named Rolling blackouts coastal fever.

• Advertisement

I mean a treatment for the virus. Not for the band. I want the band. You know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mhersee1

Long time reader, second time poster!

What time is the announcement usually at? Very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Apparently biffy clyro tour dates to be announced tomorrow. Coincidence?

Mhersee1 wrote: »
    Long time reader, second time poster!

What time is the announcement usually at? Very excited!

I think the press event is on around 12pm tomorrow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Coachella officially postponed till October

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭glennponder

sydthebeat wrote: »
    im really hoping the 4 festival tour that James are doing in July will stretch to sept !!

Praying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Praying!!

Love thr username. Are ye playing the picnic by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Good luck every one! I’m sure il be on here later giving out about no tame impala :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Stay strong lads

• Advertisement

Feck it, I'm still excited! It's like one of those movies. Post-apocalyptic landscape, small pockets of survivors dotted around the globe. The battered radio crackles to life. Interference but eventually the message comes through...".....Idles! Repeat, we got Idles!" And the human race finds the strength to battle on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement