Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Display Port to HDMI

Options
  • 02-09-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My laptop has a Mini Display Port on it, and I'm trying to hook it up to a TV with a HDMI interface. I have a MDP\HDMI adaptor, and then I'm using a regular HDMI lead to make the link. I have extended my laptop display (duplicate option), but I'm not getting anything, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you selected that HDMI port on the TV input menu? You might also consider sending only an external signal from the laptop instead of trying to drive the internal display as well as a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

It's possible that the laptop is sending a display resolution that is incompatible with the TV. Check the TV manual for the display resolution. You can change the laptop display resolution using the settings menu. I had a slightly different set up to you (I am using VGA cable with a VGA to HDMI adaptor) but encountered (possibly) a similar issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Yep, I have selected the correct input on TV. I'll play around with display settings. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Grand. Let us know how you get on and reply back here if it isn't sorted.

Advertisement