If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable speakers for Denon AVRX550BT

Options
  • 02-09-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi, I'm interested in Denon AVRX550BT amp. I have speakers from my old system which has died. What impedence speakers will be compatible with the Denon? My speakers are 2 rear, 3 front and woofer all 8ohms. Also what is your best price? Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi, I'm interested in Denon AVRX550BT amp. I have speakers from my old system which has died. What impedence speakers will be compatible with the Denon? My speakers are 2 rear, 3 front and woofer all 8ohms. Also what is your best price? Thanks.
    Hi tommyamnesia,

Your fronts, centre and rears will be compatible with the AVRX550BT however if your subwoofer connects via speaker cable you would not be able to add it to the Denon as it will only take an active sub.

The best price I can do on the AVRX550BT would be £219 however I could include delivery at that price.

Let me know what connection your subwoofer uses and I can check and see what you need to complete the system.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Hi tommyamnesia,

Your fronts, centre and rears will be compatible with the AVRX550BT however if your subwoofer connects via speaker cable you would not be able to add it to the Denon as it will only take an active sub.

The best price I can do on the AVRX550BT would be £219 however I could include delivery at that price.

Let me know what connection your subwoofer uses and I can check and see what you need to complete the system.

Kind regards

David
    The woofer is connected with speaker cable. I think that's passive. Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi tommyamnesia,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Tommyamnesia.

Unfortunately your subwoofer will not be compatible with the 550BT.

It will use an active subwoofer that runs on a single phono cable like the following:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-cambridge-audio-aud100-7-5m-subwoofer-cable-subwoofer-lead.aspx

A subwoofer would start at the Yamaha W050 priced at £89
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10571-yamaha-ystfsw050-subwoofer-black-subwoofer.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi tommyamnesia,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Tommyamnesia.

It was use a passive subwoofer that runs on a single phono cable like the following:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-cambridge-audio-aud100-7-5m-subwoofer-cable-subwoofer-lead.aspx

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10571-yamaha-ystfsw050-subwoofer-black-subwoofer.aspx

Thanks, that brings price up to over 300 sterling, a bit out of reach for me. Wonder how it would sound without sub? Is that cheapest sub. you have?

Hi tommyamnesia,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Tommyamnesia.

It will use an active subwoofer that runs on a single phono cable like the following:

Thanks, that brings price up to over 300 sterling, a bit out of reach for me. Wonder how it would sound without sub? Is that cheapest sub. you have?
    Hey Tommyamnesia.

The Yamaha W050 would be our cheapest subwoofer.

Without the subwoofer the system may sound flat and missing the lower end.
    However you could try this our and add the sub later if you feel its still required.

You could also connect your current sub into the same speaker terminal as the front left or right. This will not give a true bass tone but will produce some of the bass that the front speakers are outputting.
    This method would only be as a last resort as it's not the correct way to run things and the system would not be performing to its full.

The best I could offer these together for would be £291 delivered.

• Advertisement

Hi tommyamnesia,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Tommyamnesia.

Hey Tommyamnesia.

The Yamaha W050 would be our cheapest subwoofer.

Without the subwoofer the system may sound flat and missing the lower end.
    However you could try this our and add the sub later if you feel its still required.

You could also connect your current sub into the same speaker terminal as the front left or right. This will not give a true bass tone but will produce some of the bass that the front speakers are outputting.
    This method would only be as a last resort as it's not the correct way to run things and the system would not be performing to its full.

The best I could offer these together for would be £291deliver.
    Thanks Kenny, I'll sleep on it and let you know

No problem at all Tommayamnesia.

Let us know when you've thought it over.

Hi Kenny, just spotted a Denon avrx250bt on your website. What is your best price for this including the subwoofer we were discussing? Also, what are the main differences between this and the 550? Would my speakers be compatible and your opinion on this model. Looks like it would suit my needs. The Philips 5.1 system that died on me was at least 12 yrs. old but served me well.

Hi Kenny, just spotted a Denon avrx250bt on your website. What is your best price for this including the subwoofer we were discussing? Also, what are the main differences between this and the 550? Would my speakers be compatible and your opinion on this model. Looks like it would suit my needs.
    Hi Tommyamnesia.

The same issue with your current subwoofer will be the same for any amp that we sell.
    Your speakers will work but the sub will not.

Differences are:
    The 550 can run a 2nd subwoofer as it is 5.2
    The 550 has a slightly better frequency range.
    The 550 can process Dolby Vision.
    The 550 is the first in the range to be compatible with the Heos range.
    The 550 has app control.

Think that is the main differences.

The best I could offer the 250BT,Yamaha sub and cable you would be looking at £276. Without sub cable £260 delivered.

Hi Kenny, just spotted a Denon avrx250bt on your website. What is your best price for this including the subwoofer we were discussing? Also, what are the main differences between this and the 550? Would my speakers be compatible and your opinion on this model. Looks like it would suit my needs.
    Hi Tommyamnesia.

The same issue with your current subwoofer will be the same for any amp that we sell.

Differences are:
    The 550 has app control.

The best I could offer the 250BT,Yamaha sub and cable you would be looking at £276. Without sub cable £260 delivered.
    Good morning Kenny, just wondering can you give me any idea when the 2 items will be delivered?  Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Tommyamnesia.

Differences are:
    The 550 has app control.

Good morning Kenny, just wondering can you give me any idea when the 2 items will be delivered?  Thanks.
    Hi TommyAmnesia.

Your order was dispatched out on Friday and is due for delivery today between 17:00 - 18:00.

I've dropped you a PM with your tracking details.

Should you have any issue please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.