Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Lawless Memorial / Dublin Championships 2019 - 21st September

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Absolutely no need to apologise at all.

The feat of getting the event together for all grades & ages has to be applauded especially at the time of year.

If I can I'll try make it next year as a last shot for A2 hopefully!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

But it's for Dublin Clubs only no? Same as any other County Championship

It was a great day, nice to mix up the senior racing with the underage and presentations after each race. Hopefully it grows. Thanks to all the organisers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Whyner wrote: »
    But it's for Dublin Clubs only no? Same as any other County Championship

It was a great day, nice to mix up the senior racing with the underage and presentations after each race. Hopefully it grows. Thanks to all the organisers

Not at all, Dublin Champs were run alongside the race, so the first Dublin club or addressed rider across the line got the title but the points and prizes were applied like any other race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Gotcha, pretty sure I read that the Meath Championship was only for Meath Club riders or riders with a Meath address, presumed it was the same for all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

i'd a blast anyway. not too many in our race which made it fierce tactical at least for the opening part til the young fellas killed us older lads and team tactics of UCD won out. nevertheless, enjoyable. Hopefully Tiit T is recovering well - nasty tyre blow out on the hairpin and he came down heavy.

the race is late in the season but the only way to change the current mindset is clubs running more late season racing so it becomes the norm. the Cork race had nothing to do with it i'd say. nothing more you could have done. I'd say the prospect of 40kmph cross winds across Corkagh changed a fair few minds on saturday - its a hard enough circuit on a gentle breeze. hindsight might have been to put all the categories together in a handicap based on pre-reg numbers for a shorter day. there was probably never going to be that many on the day entries if interest hadn't been shown early doors. good idea interspersing the underage and senior races, so often one doesn't see the other and its good for younger riders to see the seniors racing too.

thanks for organising it.

• Advertisement

the race is late in the season but the only way to change the current mindset is clubs running more late season racing so it becomes the norm. the Cork race had nothing to do with it i'd say. nothing more you could have done. I'd say the prospect of 40kmph cross winds across Corkagh changed a fair few minds on saturday - its a hard enough circuit on a gentle breeze. hindsight might have been to put all the categories together in a handicap based on pre-reg numbers for a shorter day. there was probably never going to be that many on the day entries if interest hadn't been shown early doors. good idea interspersing the underage and senior races, so often one doesn't see the other and its good for younger riders to see the seniors racing too.

Cheers, I have to say, the underage races were a highlight of the day, very tactical and some future faces of the adult racing scene.

The sprint in the U10s for second was nailbiting. The U12, while dominated by the Orwellian, was a great race to watch. The U14 were incredibly tactical, much more so than I expected, great to see them testing each other tactically, little breaks to assess each other, watching wheels, making the Calculation as they say, absolutely rivetting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    i'd a blast anyway. not too many in our race which made it fierce tactical at least for the opening part til the young fellas killed us older lads and team tactics of UCD won out. nevertheless, enjoyable. Hopefully Tiit T is recovering well - nasty tyre blow out on the hairpin and he came down heavy.

I’d agree with the date. Racing in the snow in March and nothing in September. Be the change you want to see and all that.

Corkage is a tough course with nowhere to hide. You get dropped and that’s it. I’d say that had a bit of a bearing on numbers as well.

Closed roads, great surface and lovely weather we couldn’t have asked for a better day. The wind made the racing more interesting. Women’s race was mad windy. It ended up dying down a good bit in the afternoon.

Cheers for coming down and supporting the event. As it worked out I think everyone in your race got their entry back.

Ah you can’t please everyone, we thought if we ran a handicapped event you’d have lads from the lower categories possibly giving out for not having a separate race. Being A2 myself I know I’d rather a separate race but as it turned out, numbers were low enough for A1 and A2.

All that means is we’ve to do a better job of advertising for next year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Have to say it was great, a credit to the organisers. Take a bow you people!
    We raced in fierce wind, it nearly killed me but I made it in the end (and promptly and involuntarily dumped my breakfast after the finish line :pac:).
    It was great to have a separate race, thoroughly enjoyable. I was on the wheel of the divisive break maker, I stayed in the saddle to follow, but the gap opened and I died a death up three finish straight and that was that.
    6th for my only bunch race of the year wasn't bad, my teammate got third which was class.
    The winner will be a force to be reckoned with next year, she's deadly.
    And all done and dusted by 11.
    Great work Tiernan's and SDCC.

Edited!

eeeee wrote: »
    Great work Tiernan's and DWs.
    Ahem SDCC, ahem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CramCycle wrote: »
    Ahem SDCC, ahem

:eek: edited

• Advertisement