Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Slowcooker (This Thursday)

• 02-09-2019 9:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭

I have never used a Slowcooker before and was going to get one this week.
    Anyone tried this one ? Seems a great price, Would it be big enough for 2 Adults and an always hungry 16 yr old boy ? Thanks
    https://www.aldi.ie/ambiano-slow-cooker/p/016585282895300

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Plenty big enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Would prefer one with a timer... from the spec seems to be manual control.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bought one about five years ago and apart from losing the heat setting knob, it’s still working well. Use it at least once a week. Well worth the price. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

I find that we use mainly during the winter. The Instant Pot gets much more use in our house tbh, much more versatile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,893 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

odyssey06 wrote: »

Smart plug. Even better than a timer as you can switch it back on if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

SteM wrote: »
    The Instant Pot gets much more use in our house tbh, much more versatile.
    And the instant pot can be used as a slow cooker. I would definitely be getting an electric pressure cooker over a slow cooker.

They were on offer on amazon this week but the price went up £20 again, might drop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

odyssey06 wrote: »

I bought a manual timer in Dunnes Stores for €6 specifically to use with the slow cooker when I'm working. It's a bit fiddly to set and I have to use a magnifying glass to see it properly when setting the timer but used it today for the first time and it worked a treat.

Advertisement