Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane around Lucan now

Options
  • 02-09-2019 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi

So 1020pm and there's a plane flying round from Weston (I presume!) .. every few min going quite low and noisy over the house in Lucan.. kids asking about it, son afraid it's crashing as it's so loud!

Just wondering is there a time they have to land back at Weston? Is there no time they have to stop flying like that?

Sign of my age that things like this annoying me 😛

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

I'd say its not from Weston.. Heavy security around the Phoenix Park due to the visit of US VP Mike Pence. I'd imagine some sort of surveillance aircraft think the guards have one

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Ahh ok, makes sense.. cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Definitely not Weston, it closes at 7PM at the moment and 6PM at the weekends (google IAA NOTAMs to find current opening hours in UTC).

It will be closing earlier as winter sets in, it's daylight operations only.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Try flightradar, is it showing up on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Try flightradar, is it showing up on that?

No wasn't showing up .. all quiet now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

It's the Garda Defender

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

"Charlie253" Landed a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭shanec1928

jc11 wrote: »
    No wasn't showing up .. all quiet now!
    more than likely the aircorp.

Advertisement