Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks

Options
  • 03-09-2019 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭

Every year without fail, they wait until school starts. Idiots. The amount of days that the new road near o Moore park was idle is crazy. Now it’s all full throttle once schools are back. Genius.
    And THEN they only start installing new footpaths on the main secondary school road in late August. There must be some crowd of idiots in charge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm surprised that you're surprised.
    No doubt in the next year, they'll realise that they need to dig up somewhere to install something because that's just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm surprised that you're surprised.
    No doubt in the next year, they'll realise that they need to dig up somewhere to install something because that's just the way it is.

Yes, but one would think that if they had work to do that was near a school that it’d be done in the summer months, before school re opened. Same with the road near o moore park. That lay idle for long periods during summer. But once September hit and the school traffic starts up, they go full steam ahead with road closures and traffic lights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I'm more worried about the width of the road going from O'Moore Park to link down to Homebase.

I know its been mentioned elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

They had more roadworks yesterday near the Meelick road junction past M7 roundabout.
    I am so grateful that I seldom have to go through Portlaoise, a nightmare at the moment.

I'm more worried about the width of the road going from O'Moore Park to link down to Homebase.

I know its been mentioned elsewhere.

It does look narrow alright, but I’ve seen 2 dumper trucks pass each other so it’s wide enough all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    It does look narrow alright, but I’ve seen 2 dumper trucks pass each other so it’s wide enough all the same

2 dumper trucks vs two full size trucks is another thing.

Omg what a bunch of idiots. They’re actually digging up the brand new road at parkside causing massive delays in traffic. And when?...... AFTER the school holidays. What clown authorises this??

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i was wondering what the hold up was for all that traffic out as far as the midway this morning....

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i was wondering what the hold up was for all that traffic out as far as the midway this morning....

There was no traffic last Thursday or Friday, because the schools were closed. Heaven forbid they had the insight to carry out the works then

Advertisement