Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

retuning Saorview all the time

• 03-09-2019 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So small 27 inch kitchen TV, decent Ariel in the attic - I pick up my saorview channels zero issues.

However seemingly at random the TV loses them, without me touching or adjusting cables/areiel or anything, just me asking the TV to search for over the air channels I get back all the saor view ones again.

I cannot tie this down to anything specific, does anyone have any experience of TV just 'forgetting the channels and needing to be returned over and over?

This has happened in all weather conditions so I don't think it's that, the aerial seems fine too as do the connections. The TV is 10+ years old I think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

It could be a software issue with the TV. Can you check with a different TV and see if the same thing happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

PFMC84 wrote: »
    It could be a software issue with the TV. Can you check with a different TV and see if the same thing happens?

Suppose just means lugging out the big one - sadly the issue is just not repeatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What is the make and model of the TV? How old is it?

I'm wondering if there is a auto retuning setting in the menu if other channels are found? This could be the case if the attic aerial is picking up a weaker signal from 2 or more transmitters.

The Cush wrote: »
    What is the make and model of the TV? How old is it?

I'm wondering if there is a auto retuning setting in the menu if other channels are found? This could be the case if the attic aerial is picking up a weaker signal from 2 or more transmitters.

Was bought from argos, labelled a samsung but 27 inches so how pure Samsung that is , is hard to know. Say about 10 years but could be more basically no one remembers so it's old :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Maybe switching between new Saorview frequencies and old?

• Advertisement

Okay, went into the settings on the TV. Instead of using auto tuning I opted to use manual tuning and at the end it said channels 'memorized that was two days ago and fine to far - who knows maybe that will hold.

Advertisement