Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please lift ban from politics.

Options
  • 03-09-2019 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Dear mad muffin,

You have been banned from Politics for two weeks for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

Your trolling spree is over. This ban is for multiple posts.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mad muffin View Post
    I post a valid argument comparing and contrasting Trump to his most vaunted predecessor and am swarmed by the hive mentality ready to exterminate the intruder.

I’m sure if I came in here to bash Trump I would be hailed as most welcomed friend.

Therefore I suggest a thread title change to…

The Trump bashing thread.

Just so people know exactly how to post in here and don’t make the same mistake I did and try and have an actual discussion.

Hi,

As I said, the ban is for more than just this post. You have attempted to derail the thread multiple times. In addition, you have been uncivil and have trolled the thread, eg. the nobody cares except people like you comments.

I am upholding the ban. Frankly, your record on this site is appalling. Feel free to appeal. I will not be responding to any more PM's from you.

I’m trying to discuss on this thread but people only want to bash and I’m band. I suggested a name change to the thread and am accused of trolling.

There is a clear bias on that thread. I wish for my ban to be lifted please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

It's pretty hard to follow, but I'm guessing the above is your attempt to discuss this with the moderator. I'll alert the CMods to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Yes. That is correct.

Originally Posted by Dytalus View Post
    Yup. A lot of people are going to get very seriously hurt, with very little coming from their government to help them.

Source?

You get posts like the above and I ask for a source but it’s fine for people to post such unsubstantiated things.

Then I create a post comparing Obama’s administration actually hurting people with sources. But I get banned and am told I’m off topic.

Then I post this

@1.07

They have planets of funds. The 120 odd million diverted isn’t going to affect anyone who might need help.

With a source and get this as a reply

President Trump appointment says they have plenty of cash.

Wow.

And I’m called a troll.

The someone posts about how Ronald Reagan used to do talks by the helicopter like trump does. That’s not off topic. So someone posts that trump is golfing and I posts a few links comparing Obama’s golfing during natural disasters and crisis.

And I’m told I’m Off topic.

And I get this reply.

Trump is staying because Trump hates travelling. Don't pretend it is any other reason. The man has already forgotten about several natural disasters to hit the US during his presidency. Why would he care more about this one?

Trump based a lot of his campaign on not spending half his presidency playing golf.

I am not getting dragged into talking about Obama.

I don’t recall anyone saying this was unique to Trump.

Start another thread if you want to talk about Obama.

We bash Trump for being on the golf course but to be honest it’s probably best he leaves the adults to deal with serious stuff like natural disasters.

So I suggested truthfully that the thread be changed to the trump bashing thread. And I get banned.

There really is no discussion other bashing trump.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi Mad Muffin, I'll take a look this evening for you.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi Mad Muffin,

I've reviewed the posts you've made in the politics forum, particularly the Trump thread.

The first couple were fine in my opinion but the third one (now deleted) was 5 links to news articles about Obama with no supporting context or explanation from you, so it was deleted as being both off topic and being a link dump. Had you backed up the links with opinion or explanation I think the post might have been fine and within the charter but on it's own it really wasn't compliant. The replies to that post - yours and others were also deleted as being off topic. I agree that they were.

The ones that were calling for the thread to be renamed were inflammatory and were absolutely off topic.

One poster made the point that instead of slagging off the predecessor, you could post something positive about Trump as it would be a better way of making your point and I think that would be a better way to debate in a forum that has such a high standard of debate as it would be within the charter guidelines and also would facilitate a better discussion.

But I've had a chat with the mod and he's agreed to reduce your ban to 7 days instead of 14. The sanctions are incremental in Politics and your previous one was for 4 days so it follows that the next one would be for longer, but it's still a reduction of the initial ban.

Would this be acceptable to you or would you prefer an Admin review?

I’ll accept. Thanks.

Great. I'll mark this as resolved so and request admin to reduce your ban to 7 days.

No worries. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement