Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2020

Options
  • 03-09-2019 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Cant see a thread for May 2020 so thought I'd start one up. Just confirmed today by home test, reckon i'm 4weeks and 6days today. Going to use the Domino midwives in Holles St.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Hello
    *Waves*
    According to the app im using im 4 + 4
    I did 2 tests to confirm :o
    I did a cheapie Superdrug one was delighted it was positive on Sat night then was like... but what if its not right?! So late night dash to Tesco to get a Clearblue one.
    So excited and terrified at the same time :o
    I have my Dr appointment on Thur
    Im based in Wexford - I had heard of the Domino scheme before but now that Im looking there is very little info on line for it.
    Is this your first baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PBandNutella

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Hello
    *Waves*
    According to the app im using im 4 + 4
    I did 2 tests to confirm :o
    I did a cheapie Superdrug one was delighted it was positive on Sat night then was like... but what if its not right?! So late night dash to Tesco to get a Clearblue one.
    So excited and terrified at the same time :o
    I have my Dr appointment on Thur
    Im based in Wexford - I had heard of the Domino scheme before but now that Im looking there is very little info on line for it.
    Is this your first baby?

Yep first baby too, off to the doc on friday to confirm all and get info on the next steps. I'm over the moon and terrified all at the same time 😂

I'm nearly sure I heard something about the domino scheme down there too. Sure call the hospital and they should have all the details.

Yep first baby too, off to the doc on friday to confirm all and get info on the next steps. I'm over the moon and terrified all at the same time ��

I'm nearly sure I heard something about the domino scheme down there too. Sure call the hospital and they should have all the details.

Ah im delighted you have the appointment on Friday
    I wasnt sure if I was booking it too soon :confused:
    Ill let you know how I get on.
    I also thought it would be too early to call the hospital - I think I will wait and see how Thur goes and then call.
    I. am. clueless :confused::confused:

I'm the same, I was quite shy ringing up but they said it was fine and that it's one thing ticked off the to do list.

Now to try and keep my mouth shut for the next few weeks. Thank god for this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Looks like I’m joining here now. Number 3 due early May. Big surprise for us but we are shocked and delighted. Still getting used to it all. Only found out on Monday!

How’s everyone else doing? Any symptoms yet?

• Advertisement

I'm the same, I was quite shy ringing up but they said it was fine and that it's one thing ticked off the to do list.

Now to try and keep my mouth shut for the next few weeks. Thank god for this thread!!

I called up yesterday the person I need to talk to wasnt there but the girl I was speaking with is lovely
    She really put me at ease and Im to call back later this week.
    With work today Im not able to but will call after my GP appointment tomorrow.

I know its SOOOOO difficult not telling anyone:eek:

Blingy wrote: »
    Looks like I’m joining here now. Number 3 due early May. Big surprise for us but we are shocked and delighted. Still getting used to it all. Only found out on Monday!

Congrats to you!
    I have been feeling starving but overfull at the same time today...
    and at night if I lie on my right side I feel really sick
    All good apart from that

what about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Hey Girls

I am due early May 2020 too. It is our 1st baby.

I have been already to GP, confirmed the pregnancy and got the letter to Combe. Do not know much about this Hospital as I am not Irish, wanted to go to Rotunda but he actually did not allow me.

I am also going to Polish gynecologist and my next visit is on Monday as I want to look after the baby from now. I hope she will do already USG for me.
    My Friends had a lot of complications , I hope all will be good. I am stressed.

I have stomach pain and little cramps so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi! im due around may 10th! this is my 3rd, high risk as had eclampsia and HELLP on first, although skipped on 2nd thank god! Have doctor app today x
    my other 2 boys are 9 and 5! so excited x

elizunia87 wrote: »
    Hey Girls

I have been already to GP, confirmed the pregnancy and got the letter to Combe. Do not know much about this Hospital as I am not Irish, wanted to go to Rotunda but he actually did not allow me.

I am also going to Polish gynecologist and my next visit is on Monday as I want to look after the baby from now. I hope she will do already USG for me.

Congrats!
    I started replying to you in the Dr this morning then got called for my appointment.
    Im not based in Dublin so im not sure if you can pick what hospital you want?
    Best of luck going forward I hope it works out the way you want it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You go to the hospital for your 12 week visit, not for the early visits.
    You shouldn't have a problem booking a 12 week one (booking appointment) in the hospital of your choice, you can get your GP to send a letter in for you, or just ring the hospital yourself and make the appointment.

shesty wrote: »
    You go to the hospital for your 12 week visit, not for the early visits.
    You shouldn't have a problem booking a 12 week one (booking appointment) in the hospital of your choice, you can get your GP to send a letter in for you, or just ring the hospital yourself and make the appointment.

Thank you.

I always wanted to give a birth in Rotunda, heard good opinions about this Hospital but Coombe is closer to my House. Yes, I got the letter from GP, just need to bring all documents with me ( proof of address, marriage cert, copy of passport).

I was surprised when GP told me I should be living my life as normal, even do crossfit! I found this a bit reckless. I cancelled the gym, doing just walks with my dog and walking to work
    I am actually often so sleepy that the only one thing I dream of is good night sleep

Thank you.

I always wanted to give a birth in Rotunda, heard good opinions about this Hospital but Coombe is closer to my House. Yes, I got the letter from GP, just need to bring all documents with me ( proof of address, marriage cert, copy of passport).

I was surprised when GP told me I should be living my life as normal, even do crossfit! I found this a bit reckless. I cancelled the gym, doing just walks with my dog and walking to work
    I am actually often so sleepy that the only one thing I dream of is good night sleep

My GP asked what exercise I do and I said I do a lot of walking and sometimes use an exercise bike. He said to keep that up all through the pregnancy and the only sports / exercise he would advise me against doing would be something like horse riding where I could get a fall on my stomach.
    I didnt mention that I can trip over literally nothing on flat ground :D
    But YES on the tiredness. Im so sleepy ALL day and then at night im like weeeeee! and cant sleep
    Add in a snoring husband too :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

To be honest, I think you could go ahead and book the Rotunda for yourself anyway if you wanted.It is not your GP's decision to make.

You can keep exercising once you have been doing it before you were pregnant, if you feel up to it.But you don't have to!

Blingy wrote: »

Congrats!! I'm feeling quite normal still, few small cramps but nothing else yet. I was half doubting the positive tests haha
    dragonfly! wrote: »
    I called up yesterday the person I need to talk to wasnt there but the girl I was speaking with is lovely
    She really put me at ease and Im to call back later this week.
    With work today Im not able to but will call after my GP appointment tomorrow.

I know its SOOOOO difficult not telling anyone:eek:

I'm good for keeping quiet but my partner is terrible, he cant keep any sort of secret to himself so he's bursting to tell someone.
    Hey Girls

I assumed you could pick any hospital you wanted, try and call the hospital yourself and see what they say.

About Coombe...I actually spoke yesterday with my coworker. He does not know I am pregnant, he just mentioned his wife and her experience with Coombe. She was very happy, and absolutely they do not recommend to go to Rotunda.
    Brought my papers yesterday to Coombe then and she asked me to wait for the next letter between week 11-13.

I could not keep my mouth shout. My best friends know about my pregnancy and our Parents of course. And my boss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KettleMH

I recently registered as a maternity patient with the National Maternity Hospital (Holles St), due May 2020, but when I received my 12 week appointment letter it said there were no facilities for a scan at this appointment. When I called them, they confirmed there would not be a scan unless they thought there were any issues and I would be referred for a scan. She said I would only get a scan at 20 weeks otherwise.

Is this the same for all of the maternity hospitals now? It seems very odd that there is no scan until the "big scan" half way through your pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

KettleMH wrote: »
    I recently registered as a maternity patient with the National Maternity Hospital (Holles St), due May 2020, but when I received my 12 week appointment letter it said there were no facilities for a scan at this appointment. When I called them, they confirmed there would not be a scan unless they thought there were any issues and I would be referred for a scan. She said I would only get a scan at 20 weeks otherwise.

Is this the same for all of the maternity hospitals now? It seems very odd that there is no scan until the "big scan" half way through your pregnancy

No, a lot of hospitals do a 12 week scan but it’s dependant in resources. For my first I didn’t get an anomaly scan for the same reason (in CUMH).

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

My letter was the same from Holles St, with no mention of the scan, but the doctor did a quick one anyway so you might get one?

bee06 wrote: »
    No, a lot of hospitals do a 12 week scan but it’s dependant in resources. For my first I didn’t get an anomaly scan for the same reason (in CUMH).

Thanks for that! I'm debating whether or not to switch hospital as they seem a bit overwhelmed. The appointment isn't actually in holles street but in a clinic on pearse st who work with them to "alleviate the pressures ". Maybe that's every hospital now though??

• Advertisement

My letter was the same from Holles St, with no mention of the scan, but the doctor did a quick one anyway so you might get one?

No she actually said the clinic I'm going to (Pearse st) hasn't got the mini scanners. She said only if they felt it was necessary that they would send me into holles st to have it done.

Thanks for that! I'm debating whether or not to switch hospital as they seem a bit overwhelmed. The appointment isn't actually in holles street but in a clinic on pearse st who work with them to "alleviate the pressures ". Maybe that's every hospital now though??

I can speak for it not being the case in the Rotunda.

They may figure many people get early scans privately so they can leave it for most people if they are really busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I had my first in Holles St, I'm due in April with my second. The care I got was amazing. I wasn't meant to have a scan at 12 weeks because the clinic I was in only had a doppler but they couldn't find a heart beat so I was sent in and seen quickly. I had a scan again close to my due date because I went in with reduced movements. Once you can hear the heartbeat the medical professionals deem that enough. I'd rather not get the 12 and get the 20 week anamoly.

In Wexford you don’t get one until 20ish weeks either.
    I’m hoping to get a private one earlier but haven’t looked into this in any detail yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eved3

Hi everyone,

I am due in May 2020 too. First baby and super excited. Visited the doctor today and will be going Semi Private at Holles St.

Symtoms so far, tired and nausea. i feel like i am living on a boat all day.

Does anyone else feel like food in general is unappetising?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

eved3 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am due in May 2020 too. First baby and super excited. Visited the doctor today and will be going Semi Private at Holles St.

Congratulations!! Yes finding food very unappealing but also feel like I need to eat regularly or the nausea is awful.

I’m going to Holles St semi private too. Which consultant are you going to?

Hi Girls

Eved3 congratulations !
    Girls what does it mean semi private ?

I had yesterday usg scan of my baby! I heard the heart beat. What a feeling! My baby is only 6 weeks, 0.25cm :) Super happy, Doctor said all is good.
    She recommended me to : do not eat raw meat, fish, do not lift heavy bags, no crazy exercises and to come back in 4 weeks.

The date of birth is 7th of May according to the scan

eved3 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Congrats to you!
    First baby here too so very excited and terrified :rolleyes:

I am exhausted. All day i cant wait to go to bed then at night I cant sleep. great craic... I had to get up 4 times to pee last night between 10 pm and 1.30 I was like seriously?! Again?!

The boat sensation - yes that is me today!
    Havent actually been sick yet but I feel like if I actually got sick I would feel better.
    Not that I WANT to be sick but you know what I mean...

Hi Girls

Eved3 congratulations !
    Girls what does it mean semi private ?

I had yesterday usg scan of my baby! I heard the heart beat. What a feeling! My baby is only 6 weeks, 0.25cm :) Super happy, Doctor said all is good.
    She recommended me to : do not eat raw meat, fish, do not lift heavy bags, no crazy exercises and to come back in 4 weeks.

The date of birth is 7th of May according to the scan

Wow that sounds fab!
    Did you go somewhere private to pay for a scan?
    Thanks for the info from the Dr good to know!
    I dont have any info on semi private as thats not an option in the hospital I attend - sorry!

• Advertisement

Dragonfly

I am from Poland and in my country we do scans from the first month of pregnancy. Many of my friends has taken pills prescribed by doctor to keep the pregnancy alive on early stage. Thanks to this they gave a birth. I went now on 6th week and from now I will be going every 1 month.

I would not be able to wait till week 14 or 20 even for my first scan but this is me. ( I am a bit dramatic to)

I paid for the scan 80€, private Clinic.

Advertisement