Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

zapper55 wrote: »
    I never ever understood why women were so anxious about a loss as most pregnancies turn out ok.

Now that I'm pregnant I totally get it, it's like a switch flicked. A hormonal anxious one!

Also I cant bare those programmes, a bit like your hubby, and I'd say he totally is worried about you too but of course doesn't want to worry you by saying so. And is prob worried about saying the wrong thing.

What you are both doing/saying is completely understandable. But def chat to your gp if you feel a bit overwhelmed by the worry. Mind yourself xx

I was the same too. Always looked at the stats and figured all was bound to be ok. My missed MC changed that for me I think. I was so naive first time around... the thought never entered my head. I think I'll hang up the series for now and if I'm inclined, can watch it on my own after May on netflix. Laughing at the idea of alone time after May! :)

Thanks everyone for your messages! I think was just feeling overwhelmed temporarily, work and exams at the moment too so its non stop! Hope everyone is doing well. X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Hope everyone is keeping well!

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Hope everyone is keeping well!

Big scan tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pixie8

Antares35 wrote: »
    Big scan tomorrow!!!

Have mine on Wednesday. Can feel little movements now but will be good to see it all on the screen again!

• Advertisement

Pixie8 wrote: »
    Have mine on Wednesday. Can feel little movements now but will be good to see it all on the screen again!

Good luck with it! I haven't felt movement yet though they said I have anterior placenta which might mask it for a while. Anywhere I check everyone says movement feels like bubbles or goldfish swimming, butterflies etc. I only feel sharp little stabbing pinches so can't be sure what these are.

Pixie8 wrote: »

Good luck today with the scan. We had ours yesterday and our little girl is doing well, all seems to be ok with her. The sonographer in Holles St was amazing, really took the time to check everything and talk us through. We even got to see the little opening and closing her mouth as she swallowed the amniotic fluid. I did panic a little as there seemed to be a lot of time spent checking the heart and I was starting to think there was something wrong, but obviously the sonographer was just being thorough. Such a huge relief to know she is ok and growing (19.5cm now!). Finally going to let myself start buying some things :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is keeping well and the scans are going well.

Glad yours went well Antares, they do take a long time with the heart, i think that's normal procedure. Had ours this morning, took ages to get the heart done as baby kept moving.
    All good with baby thankfully. My placenta is lying a bit low so they will have to keep an eye on it. If it doesn't move I won't be able to travel home before baby comes like I planned and may need a section, so hopefully it moves!

Still on the antisickness meds and really feel it if I miss taking them so I'd say I'll be on them for a while yet.
    Feel like baby is crowing my lungs a bit, feel so out of breath, even doing small things.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Hey girls great to hear the scans are going well! I had mine on Monday and all is well thankfully. Baby is estimated 14oz. They are sending me for a growth scan in 10 weeks as my daughter was a bit small when born. I am dying with a horrible cold at the moment and my toddler has strep throat :( tough going here

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KettleMH

Hi ladies, hope everyone is feeling well!

We’ve started looking for travel systems and we’re finding it very hard to get one to fit my Toyota Yaris (2016 model).

Anyone having similar difficulties or could suggest any smaller sized systems?

We got one of the maxi-cosi ones in but then had to take the boot lid off for the car to close cause we had to stand on its side.

• Advertisement

KettleMH wrote: »

We’ve started looking for travel systems and we’re finding it very hard to get one to fit my Toyota Yaris (2016 model).

We got one of the maxi-cosi ones in but then had to take the boot lid off for the car to close cause we had to stand on its side.

Sorry can't help too much, which model maxi cosi was it? I think the Cabriofix is a bit smaller than the pebble, its less reclined. The models might have changed since my first tho. Can you drive to a shop selling a range of brands and see what they suggest and ask for a trial;as in fit it in the car and see? I think there's a fairly good thread with car seat advice on here. I'd say you'd get good advise there.

How is everyone doing?

Met my new Dr today, lovely and chilled. Sees no reason to induce me early and happy to let me fly provided I don't have a bleed in the mean time. Won't book my flights just yet, but delighted a trip home isn't totally off the cards!

Need to have a bit of clear out and then slowly pick up a few bits for the new arrival!!

We haven't told my 3.5 year old yet as he's non stop with the questions and there's been a lot going on lately. I didn't want to tell him when I was very sick. Going to tell him this weekend, hopefully its positive!

wuffly wrote: »
    How is everyone doing?

Met my new Dr today, lovely and chilled. Sees no reason to induce me early and happy to let me fly provided I don't have a bleed in the mean time. Won't book my flights just yet, but delighted a trip home isn't totally off the cards!

Need to have a bit of clear out and then slowly pick up a few bits for the new arrival!!

We haven't told my 3.5 year old yet as he's non stop with the questions and there's been a lot going on lately. I didn't want to tell him when I was very sick. Going to tell him this weekend, hopefully its positive!

That's great news, and something to look forward to :)

Its called the car seat mega thread, not sure if the link will work

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056754865

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’m dipping in, I’m not due anything in May 2020, just idly scrolling. I have an uppababy minu, it’s a lightweight stroller, folds up teeny tiny, has a decent basket, Is super light to push and can be steered one handed. I bought car seat adaptors, So it takes my maxi cosi. but there’s also a newborn bAssinette thingy, that’s suitable from 0-6 mo. I couldn’t recommend it highly enough, I haven’t used my travel system since I got it, except for her to sleep in it in the house.
    I bought online, I got it half price. I think mothercare stock it too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has had experience of dealing with an endocrinologist, for thyroid issues during pregnancy or has it been managed by your GP? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has had experience of dealing with an endocrinologist, for thyroid issues during pregnancy or has it been managed by your GP? Thanks.

I saw the endocrinologist in Holles st for one appointment and then told him my gp could manage it from there. He was fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KettleMH

wuffly wrote: »
    Its called the car seat mega thread, not sure if the link will work

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056754865

Thanks Wuffly but it’s more to do with the stroller / buggy and frame. Car seat shouldn’t be an issue, I don’t think... hadn’t even considered that would be a problem!

We have our routine check up in Holles street monday week. Will be 24 weeks then. Does anyone know if this is the same as the initial booking appointment i.e. if they do all the same checks with bloods, blood pressure, urine, quick scan etc.? Cant believe where the time is going. Still haven't felt movement but have weird "pinchy" sensations, am hoping that's her. Trying not to worry. At 22 week scan I could see her moving a lot but couldn't feel it so I guess placenta is properly cushioning it!

Hope you are all doing well x

I am going public in Hollies St and I had my check up this week in the consultants outpatients clinic. I am a little over 24 weeks. This check up is slightly different in that you see the nurse first and then the consultant. When you check in at the desk you will be told to take a urine specimen cup for a sample and then you wait to be called. You will be first called by the nurse, she is located at the back of the waiting room, I assume this is the same for everyone, my weight was checked, and I was asked a few questions such as have you got your whooping cough vaccine etc. Then you wait again until you are called by the consultant. The consultant in my case was lovely, any questions I had she answered them. I had my blood pressure taken, my bump was measured and also I had a quick scan. No blood test for me this time. All in, it took just over 2.5 hours between seeing the nurse and consultant and waiting. Bring a drink and some snacks, and a book. Also when I was there the waiting room was full with a few people standing and it got really warm.

• Advertisement

I am going public in Hollies St and I had my check up this week in the consultants outpatients clinic.

Thank you so much! I have opted for midwife led, but I imagine the process will be largely the same. Have to say I find the public system very good so far in Holles Street.

Finally felt some kicks this morning for the first time! :o

I find holles st really good too. Lovely to hear you felt your little one's first kicks, it is a really lovely feeling.

Does anyone know where I could pick up some maternity workwear? I need one or two formal dresses. Have officially grown out of the ones I have and am ashamed going into work in my black jeans (bought a size up and they're the only ones that fit) with whatever top I can borrow from mam.

Failing that, does just going up a size work for dresses and skirts? I had a look at Debenhams online and they've only jeans and swimsuits:p

H&M and New Look I find the best for maternity clothes! Not too expensive too, not sure on how formal you would get though. I go pretty casual to work now myself!

Orange369 wrote: »
    H&M and New Look I find the best for maternity clothes! Not too expensive too, not sure on how formal you would get though. I go pretty casual to work now myself!

Thanks I'll try those! It's really just to have one or two black dresses, especially for offsite meetings. I think other than that I can stretch the smart casual thing. Might pick up a few tops to wear with the ever forgiving black jeans! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Antares35 wrote: »
    Thanks I'll try those! It's really just to have one or two black dresses, especially for offsite meetings. I think other than that I can stretch the smart casual thing. Might pick up a few tops to wear with the ever forgiving black jeans! :)

There’s a thread on here somewhere on maternity clothes. Debenhams used be great, but when I was shopping last year for my last pregnancy they seemed to have stopped selling them. Dorothy Perkins maternity wear is great. Might only be on line though, but sizes are very true to usual size. Next Is great too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I bought good black jeans in Seraphine online and managed to find a black dress and trousers in jojomamanbebe.Just worked with those.

Got one dress and ended up buying the rest baby clothes! H&M have nice organic cotton vests and onesies and they were 3 for 2 so worked out very reasonable. The size of the little things:)

Haha that's the way to do it! Omg stop I cant get over the size of the clothes, got a new born baby grow in next "born in 2020" and literally cannot cope how small it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

I saw 2 days ago a black office dress on sale in Mothercare, for €18.50

I also got a black one in h&m.

Advertisement