Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Antares35 wrote: »
    That's mad, I'm 28 weeks on Sunday and was thinking of sorting hospital bag this weekend! :D Every time I look online I find a different list of hospital bag "essentials". I can't quite bring myself to buy maternity pads just yet :pac:

I’m 30 weeks and bought mine 2 weeks ago but not packed them yet 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

The wife had an ante natal appointment this morning. According to the midwife she is measuring 4 weeks ahead. Had 2 GTT tests done previously all came back clear. A third one has now been ordered, anyone ever hear of it? No history of GD in any of the previous pregnancies

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

I started 33 rd week and did not even started packing yet. We just moved in to a new house and with renovation going on there is not a chance I can pack now.
    Not sure even what to do first.
    Maybe next week I will make a list what to buy.

How do you feel girls? I am okey, just some problems with sleepless nights and constant travels to bathroom hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

elizunia87 wrote: »
    I started 33 rd week and did not even started packing yet. We just moved in to a new house and with renovation going on there is not a chance I can pack now.
    Not sure even what to do first.
    Maybe next week I will make a list what to buy.

How do you feel girls? I am okey, just some problems with sleepless nights and constant travels to bathroom hehe

I'm the opposite. I just don't seem to wake up for the bathroom... but then when I do wake with my alarm, I am in agony from holding it! Just so tired that waking is impossible.

Was with GP yesterday for check and whooping cough vaccine. All well thank God. Haven't done hospital bag yet either! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

The wife had an ante natal appointment this morning. According to the midwife she is measuring 4 weeks ahead. Had 2 GTT tests done previously all came back clear. A third one has now been ordered, anyone ever hear of it? No history of GD in any of the previous pregnancies

Sorry never heard of this. I’m surprised they didn’t send her to the sonographer for a more detailed scan if her dates are that far off. Has she always been measuring ahead?

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote: »
    Sorry never heard of this. I’m surprised they didn’t send her to the sonographer for a more detailed scan if her dates are that far off. Has she always been measuring ahead?

She's to go back in 2 weeks for a repeat GTT. over the number of pregnancies she has given birth anywhere from 2 days upto 3 weeks early. If the next GTT comes back normal only then will she be referred for a growth scan

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

She's to go back in 2 weeks for a repeat GTT. over the number of pregnancies she has given birth anywhere from 2 days upto 3 weeks early. If the next GTT comes back normal only then will she be referred for a growth scan
    I was measuring 2weeks ahead and midwife asked if I'd my gtt, I had and it was all grand. I was due a growth scan a week later due to issues on my last pregnancy so midwife didn't do anything. The scan showed I was bigger so went for another gtt, which I failed but then had the full gct and passed that. If all your wife has had is the challenge they will want her to do the full test. It's a pain but better to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aloevera33

Could it just be a very big baby?

aloevera33 wrote: »
    Could it just be a very big baby?

Not impossible, last 3 pregnancies were 8.2lbs, 13.1lbs (twins combined), 9lb

Had a fall this morning at work. Missed a top step coming up (thankfully not down!:eek:) the stairs. Landed hands and knees so I know I didn't bang the bump. Called Holles St and spoke to a midwife who said no need to come in unless decreased movement later on. Am so panicked now. It isn't exactly easy to tell "decreased movement" when you have an anterior placenta :(

• Advertisement

Had a fall this morning at work. Missed a top step coming up (thankfully not down!:eek:) the stairs. Landed hands and knees so I know I didn't bang the bump. Called Holles St and spoke to a midwife who said no need to come in unless decreased movement later on. Am so panicked now. It isn't exactly easy to tell "decreased movement" when you have an anterior placenta :(

Try not to worry. They are very well protected in there. I was going to toilet one night and walked straight into side of door. Handle got me right in bump. Was red for hours after. I was panicked of course but my consultant reassured me they are so well protected with lots of fluid. X

aloevera33 wrote: »
    Try not to worry. They are very well protected in there. I was going to toilet one night and walked straight into side of door. Handle got me right in bump. Was red for hours after. I was panicked of course but my consultant reassured me they are so well protected with lots of fluid. X

Thank you. I'm glad there is nobody in my immediate office vicinity right now because I am so upset about it. I thought it was only 5 year olds who cried when they fell :P I've been so careful for so long I'm really angry with myself too.

Thank you. I'm glad there is nobody in my immediate office vicinity right now because I am so upset about it. I thought it was only 5 year olds who cried when they fell :P I've been so careful for so long I'm really angry with myself too.

I totally understand and have felt that guilt too any time I accidentally banged my bump off something or got too upset. For peace of mind you could always just go to G.P. or labour ward and they will confirm heartbeat if fine x

Aw hope you are ok. It’s horrible when that happens. I had a horrible fall at about 27 weeks and I have an anterior placenta too. As the others have said baby is so well protected. I was so sore after the fall, cut my knees pretty badly and they took weeks to heal. Take it easy for the rest of the day or maybe see if you can go home and just chill out for the evening. Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KettleMH

Hope everyone is doing well and staying sane with social distancing!

I’m a first timer and our antenatal classes have been cancelled indefinitely. Anyone any recommendations for useful content online?

I thought they might do a recording and publish in the website but nothing so far anyway, I’m sure they have their hands full!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Hi KettleMH,

I am the same first timer and my antenatal classes have been cancelled. There is a video on doulacare.ie Facebook's page which I watched.. It's 20 mins long and it might be useful. I learned a few things about the early stages of labour from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

This just popped up on my Facebook page ... Cuidiú are doing online one to one classes. https://antenatalireland.ie/online-classes/

This might be useful for anyone with appointments in Holles St this week, on their Twitter account @_TheNMH. There is a short video less than 3 mins long outlining the changes at the NMH in relation to visiting times and the creation of a hospital within a hospital.

This might be useful for anyone with appointments in Holles St this week, on their Twitter account @_TheNMH. There is a short video less than 3 mins long outlining the changes at the NMH in relation to visiting times and the creation of a hospital within a hospital.

Thanks for that. No visitors, I presume that means husbands and partners too so?? 😢

From what is said in the video I assume no husbands or partners too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

KettleMH wrote: »
    Thanks for that. No visitors, I presume that means husbands and partners too so?? 😢
    Yes unfortunately. Husband/partners are currently only allowed in for the actual delivery - in theatre or the delivery ward. Can't be there before (before theatre or during induction) or after once you're in recovery /ward.

Hope you are all keeping well in these turbulent times. Had check up yesterday at Holles Street. They seem to have things largely in hand there. People told to come at appointed times only and without company. There was a small backlog (got seen 30 minutes after appointment time) but it was well managed and social distancing enforced from the queue to the waiting area.

Do any of you know if I need to think about bringing bottles, formula etc. to the hospital or having at home for the first week? Plan to breastfeed but I am worried that if I can't for whatever reason, that we will have to run out and buy stuff. Then again, I don't want to needlessly start buying stuff we won't need...

Hope you are all keeping well in these turbulent times. Had check up yesterday at Holles Street. They seem to have things largely in hand there. People told to come at appointed times only and without company. There was a small backlog (got seen 30 minutes after appointment time) but it was well managed and social distancing enforced from the queue to the waiting area.

Do any of you know if I need to think about bringing bottles, formula etc. to the hospital or having at home for the first week? Plan to breastfeed but I am worried that if I can't for whatever reason, that we will have to run out and buy stuff. Then again, I don't want to needlessly start buying stuff we won't need...

If you need to formula feed while in the hospital they have 3-4 different types of formula there. All premade little bottles.
    You could always get some of the pre made formula in the shop just to have for when you get home if you need it. I always liked to have some just in case but never actually used it.

You could always buy a tin and have it at home in case. They dont expire for over a year so depending on how long you breastfeed for you could use it in 6 months time if needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

How is everyone doing this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

dragonfly! wrote: »

It's tough going isn't it! I am 32 weeks 4 days so still a bit to go but feeling anxious about having baby during this madness. Staying in now except for a short walk each day, signed off work sick too. How are you? Just hoping our OHs are allowed in for the births of our babies

Orange369 wrote: »
    It's tough going isn't it! I am 32 weeks 4 days so still a bit to go but feeling anxious about having baby during this madness. Staying in now except for a short walk each day, signed off work sick too. How are you? Just hoping our OHs are allowed in for the births of our babies

Very tough time to be pregnant! I’m 34 weeks, 2 days. We had to visit the Emergency department the other evening as a precaution and it was just me allowed in so I expect it will be like that for the foreseeable. I believe they’re allowed in just for the birth.

Found I was getting very anxious with all that’s going on and had been waking regularly with pelvic girdle / back pain which wasn’t helping matters. I work in a role that is always busy but is increasingly so at that moment so that also hasn’t been helping either. Doctor suggested being signed off but I don’t know if I’m better off keeping going as long as possible so that there’s that distraction.

Getting out for a little (and very slow at this stage!) walk definitely helps. We’ve been in pretty much 3 weeks at this stage only venturing out for groceries etc.

Hope everyone is keeping sane and well! With any luck, maybe restrictions will ease by the time our babies come along!!

dragonfly! wrote: »

Some days good, some days bad. My parents are in lockdown in Spain and am sad to think they might not get back until our baby is a few weeks/ months old, and I can't even think about the possibility of them not getting to meet her :(

Lucky OH and I can both work from home so we can isolate and keep our little family safe. I know that not everyone has this luxury and I feel very blessed to be able to do so, but back is done in trying to work at makeshift desk and laptop! :o

Trying to keep busy getting everything ready for the baby. Have all her clothes and blankets washed and put away. Might do hospital bag this week!

KettleMH wrote: »
    Very tough time to be pregnant! I’m 34 weeks, 2 days. We had to visit the Emergency department the other evening as a precaution and it was just me allowed in so I expect it will be like that for the foreseeable. I believe they’re allowed in just for the birth.

Found I was getting very anxious with all that’s going on and had been waking regularly with pelvic girdle / back pain which wasn’t helping matters. I work in a role that is always busy but is increasingly so at that moment so that also hasn’t been helping either. Doctor suggested being signed off but I don’t know if I’m better off keeping going as long as possible so that there’s that distraction.

Getting out for a little (and very slow at this stage!) walk definitely helps. We’ve been in pretty much 3 weeks at this stage only venturing out for groceries etc.

Hope everyone is keeping sane and well! With any luck, maybe restrictions will ease by the time our babies come along!!

Hope you are doing OK now. That must have been really scary :(

Walking is definitely a sanity saver right now! :)

• Advertisement

Orange369 wrote: »

You're a day ahead of me! :D

Advertisement