Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

The appointment with midwife is quiet long called booking appointment there is a lot of questions and blood tests. My husband wasnt allowed in room for question part so no need really to bring him, would defo take him along for any scans though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Orange369 wrote: »
    Joining in here girls after stalking the last few weeks! Had an early scan this morning and got to see little heart beating away, such a relief after 2 missed miscarriages so I was reluncant to post until I got my scan. 4th pregnancy and 2nd baby due May 2020 fingers crossed. One happy healthy daughter whos almost one! Hope everyone is keeping well

Congratulations to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Joining in here girls after stalking the last few weeks! Had an early scan this morning and got to see little heart beating away, such a relief after 2 missed miscarriages so I was reluncant to post until I got my scan. 4th pregnancy and 2nd baby due May 2020 fingers crossed. One happy healthy daughter whos almost one! Hope everyone is keeping well

Congrats to you!

I'm in two minds about an early scan. I had one on my last pregnancy at week 9, to be told I'd had a silent miscarriage at week 6. I'm terrified of even going back to the same place. I know this is really stupid as clearly it was not the place's fault, but I think it would bring back too many sad memories for me. There is a part of me that wants to hear the little heartbeat and have that reassurance, and another part of me that wants to just go along with the pregnancy and have the 12 week one when that is due. I just don't know, and I change my mind every few minutes :( The only thing that reassures me is that this time, I definitely have more pregnancy symptoms than last time.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm in two minds about an early scan. I had one on my last pregnancy at week 9, to be told I'd had a silent miscarriage at week 6. I'm terrified of even going back to the same place. I know this is really stupid as clearly it was not the place's fault, but I think it would bring back too many sad memories for me. There is a part of me that wants to hear the little heartbeat and have that reassurance, and another part of me that wants to just go along with the pregnancy and have the 12 week one when that is due. I just don't know, and I change my mind every few minutes :( The only thing that reassures me is that this time, I definitely have more pregnancy symptoms than last time.

If its just going back to the same place that would upset you can you go to an alternative clinic?

• Advertisement

dragonfly! wrote: »
    If its just going back to the same place that would upset you can you go to an alternative clinic?

I think I would be a bag of nerves anywhere! :o The only thing is they were really good (The Ultrasound Suite), very compassionate and I remember they waived the scan fee because of the outcome. I'll try to be objective - big girl pants on! :D

I think I would be a bag of nerves anywhere! :o The only thing is they were really good (The Ultrasound Suite), very compassionate and I remember they waived the scan fee because of the outcome. I'll try to be objective - big girl pants on! :D

The exact same thing happened to me! I went to that place in black rock, 2nd pregnancy I couldnt even face that place again so I went to baby scan in Rathgar, they are so so lovely. Obviously had a good outcome with my daughter. 3rd pregnancy went back there but wasn't good news, another missed miscarriage. Both diagnosed about 8 weeks. Whole thing is horrific. Due to having 2 thats how the Coombe saw me in the early preg unit today and it was free thankfully. I would 100% recommend getting one, I know I couldnt have.coped waiting til 12 weeks. It's so reassuring to have the scan. Fingers crossed for us all having healthy babies

• Registered Users Posts: 9 baemayexcited

I have an 8 week scan booked for 2 weeks time and honestly it cant come quick enough. I'm so anxious about something going wrong. I'm constantly over analysing if I have any symptoms of pregnancy as I've had no morning sickness and little to no nausea. Although I have had cramping and tender breasts and my lower back is starting to hurt. I'm so petrified that I find myself doing a pregnancy test every few days in an attempt to alleviate my worries. Anyone else feeling the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I have an 8 week scan booked for 2 weeks time and honestly it cant come quick enough. I'm so anxious about something going wrong. I'm constantly over analysing if I have any symptoms of pregnancy as I've had no morning sickness and little to no nausea. Although I have had cramping and tender breasts and my lower back is starting to hurt. I'm so petrified that I find myself doing a pregnancy test every few days in an attempt to alleviate my worries. Anyone else feeling the same?

I had no symptoms at all on my first. He’s currently sitting on my lap feeding me his carrots. It’s no indicator of anything.

bee06 wrote: »
    I had no symptoms at all on my first. He’s currently sitting on my lap feeding me his carrots. It’s no indicator of anything.

Thanks for this. Its little things like this that reassure me and will hopefully stop me going mad over the next 2 weeks :)

• Advertisement

Hoenstly that's normal. I had a scan this morning sure and sitting here wondering if everything is ok! I never vomited once during pregnancy. I was obsessed with tests for first few weeks comparing lines and buying weeks indicators to make sure it was going up and all like a freak! It's natural to worry but don't worry time will fly til your scan, could u even go a little early? Some places do scans from 6 weeks

Hoenstly that's normal. I had a scan this morning sure and sitting here wondering if everything is ok! I never vomited once during pregnancy. I was obsessed with tests for first few weeks comparing lines and buying weeks indicators to make sure it was going up and all like a freak! It's natural to worry but don't worry time will fly til your scan, could u even go a little early? Some places do scans from 6 weeks

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm booked in with babyscan and their website says they only scan from 8 weeks onwards. I didn't know you could get pregnancy week indicator test though. I mite just buy a pack of them just to reassure myself :) it really is such a nerve wracking time!!

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm booked in with babyscan and their website says they only scan from 8 weeks onwards. I didn't know you could get pregnancy week indicator test though. I mite just buy a pack of them just to reassure myself :) it really is such a nerve wracking time!!

Ah I went to babyscan, they are so lovely there. The clearblue test only goes to 3+ weeks which means you should be 5+ weeks pregnant. Its a stressful time alright it really is

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

Tentatively joining this thread, got a positive test on Saturday, totally out of the blue! All going well it’ll be our 2nd baba, we have a 9 month old baby girl.

I’m still BF and hadn’t gotten my period back, so didn’t expect this at all but we’re over the moon! I only tested cos I had a hen party and had been feeling a bit dodgy, wanted reassurance before drinking all weekend! The positive line showed up instantly, way before the control line. I thought it was a dodgy test! I then took a clear blue test and it’s saying 3+ weeks, but honestly have no idea how far along I am!

I’m over analyzing every niggle and worrying plenty, took another test last night again to be sure! I’ve booked in with the same consultant we went with last time in the coombe for 3 weeks time, it’s going to be a long wait!

Yup, I haven't really had morning sickness at all. Just low level "queasiness" all day. But have fatigue and sore breasts also. If you're 6 weeks now, it is possible that your morning sickness has not started yet. I only started feeling queasy about a week ago (week 7). Or you could be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get it! Best of luck with your scan :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

To be fair both my girls I was never sick, just nauseaus, all day long.It got stronger from 7 weeks but I never felt I needed to vomit. Just was a bit miserable.My boy, I only did not vomit out of force of will!!Your symptoms are unique to you I am afraid, it"s not like TV!!!

Oh God I am freaking out. We get our eggs from a local farm. I always check they are still good by dunking them in a pint glass of water. If they float they are bad. Anyway I tested some this morning and stupidly left the pint glass of water on the counter and absent mindedly took a mouthful. I made myself sick straight away but am freaking out about toxoplasmosis. These eggs are local and the shells haven't been cleaned. Is there any point going to GP? I'm so angry with myself for being so stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Oh God I am freaking out. We get our eggs from a local farm. I always check they are still good by dunking them in a pint glass of water. If they float they are bad. Anyway I tested some this morning and stupidly left the pint glass of water on the counter and absent mindedly took a mouthful. I made myself sick straight away but am freaking out about toxoplasmosis. These eggs are local and the shells haven't been cleaned. Is there any point going to GP? I'm so angry with myself for being so stupid!

We can’t give medical advice on boards. If you’re worried you should go to your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PBandNutella

Id call your GP or hospital that you are attending. It's quick and they can tell you if you need to go in to them.

Did you go to your GP?

• Advertisement

Did you go to your GP?

Have booked an appointment for Friday morning. The earliest I can get time off and a slot with my preferred GP. Sorry for the panicking! OH said I need to stop panicking over every little thing or the next 7 months will be impossible!

Hope all is well with everyone else on this journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KettleMH

Anyone else experiencing really bad headaches and if so, have you any tips. I'm not comfortable taking panadol and I never found they helped with headaches anyway.

KettleMH wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing really bad headaches and if so, have you any tips. I'm not comfortable taking panadol and I never found they helped with headaches anyway.

Hey , Yep I'm also getting headaches on and off the last few days. They are funny ones tho. Seem like standing up or bending down suddenly triggers them!?! They go as quickly as they arrive so I haven't been taking anything - just guzzling the water in the hope that staying hydrated will stave them off. I would have always taken nurofen prior to pregnancy as I never found panadol any good either to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Could be low blood pressure? Make sure you are well hydrated and take it easy.

The nausea and acid reflux are really making themselves known this week
    that and the tiredness zzzzzzz

Had really bad headaches for weeks 6- 7.5 ish. Found lying down helped, which I know is not much good if you are out and about, working etc.! I heard some people recommend a compress, but haven't tried it myself.

The nausea and acid reflux are really making themselves known this week
    that and the tiredness zzzzzzz
    Same. Had a meeting with CEO this morning and it took me all my willpower not to run out to the bathroom. It's getting worse over the last week too. Apparently it can peak at around week 10, so here is hoping it can only get better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KettleMH

Thanks ladies! Yea, it seems to be worse moving around, particularly standing up initially and any exertion like stairs. Here's hoping it won't last too much longer! It will all be worth it! :)

Same. Had a meeting with CEO this morning and it took me all my willpower not to run out to the bathroom. It's getting worse over the last week too. Apparently it can peak at around week 10, so here is hoping it can only get better soon!

That would make sense as Im 10 weeks on Friday....

• Advertisement

That would make sense as Im 10 weeks on Friday....

Hope it improves for you after this! Oddly, I find eating helps to alleviate it. Even though it is the last thing I feel like doing, but it does help. I suppose it makes sense since it is meant to be partly due to blood sugar fluctuations.

Advertisement