Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

I got two weeks notice of my booking in appointment in University Hospital Waterford, so around when I was 10 weeks pregnant. I know all hospitals are different but I would say your appointment letter gets posted a set no of days/weeks before your appointment rather than from the date you notified the hospital.

Thanks a mil for the reply. Was just starting to get worried. Tried ringing today but got voicemail, they called me back but couldn’t answer so they left a vm, I tried them again and again got van, up the walls I reckon so ended up applying online again. Once submitted it says u should receive you patient pack within 5 days so assuming I did screw up the initial booking. Fingers crossed 2nd time lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 KettleMH

Antares35 wrote: »
    Thank you, and I am so happy all is ok with your little one.

I have received booking confirmation for scan tomorrow evening. It is in the same place as before which is making me feel nervous, silly I know because this will have no bearing on the outcome! I was going to attend somewhere more local but they can only do EP scan from 8 weeks as opposed to 6 weeks in this place, so I figure the equipment might be better! :o Will try to put it out of my mind until then. Still having the odd wave of nausea so clinging to that in the hopes it is an indication all is as it should be.

Best of luck tomorrow. Hopefully all is well and this will put your mind at ease.

All the May 2020's on the forum will be thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Thanks Orange!

Haven't told work, yet and ideally holding out until the new year. I've 2 weeks off over Christmas so hoping that will help. Although I am struggling with the tiredness and sickness as well as avoiding lunch & coffee!

Bit different for me as there is nothing really to stop them from letting me go, technically they can't but compensation is capped at 3 months basic salary which is less than what they would have to pay if they let me go. Main thing is my health insurance is through work so I need to keep my job for that alone, its expires 5 days before my due date. Anyway worries for another day!

Good luck with your scan Antares.
    Hope everyone's scans & apts are going well x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sorry, I don't know where my head was yesterday - scan is Wednesday evening! So will hopefully have good news Thursday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Best of luck for the scan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Sorry, I don't know where my head was yesterday - scan is Wednesday evening! So will hopefully have good news Thursday! :)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Best of luck and let us know the news.

Girls, I received a phone call yesterday from the lady about the Harmony Test. She was extremely nice and the results are fantastic. Baby is healthy and we are expecting a boy !

My Husband is rapt, he is talking over and over again "my son, my son "
    Happy to get good results and waiting for 11th of November for my another scan.

Aahhh amazing news! Huge congrats on your brilliant news and a little healthy baby BOY!! so special

elizunia87 wrote: »

Girls, I received a phone call yesterday from the lady about the Harmony Test. She was extremely nice and the results are fantastic. Baby is healthy and we are expecting a boy !

Aw great news! Congrats!

elizunia87 wrote: »

Congratulations, that's amazing :):)

• Advertisement

We had our scan yesterday and I am over the moon! Our little one is measuring 9weeks 2 days, which is only 3 days out from my calculations so our due date will be May 25th! I am calling it our little dancer because he/ she literally did not stop moving the whole time. :D Even the sonographer said it was really active. Heart beat is 176bpm, which she said was a good strong one. There were tears when we heard it. It was honestly like the sound of a hundred galloping horses. I didn't realise how worried I was, and how much I was expecting the worst after last time, and it was such a sweet sound that I will never forget. I think we have a little diva on our hands - it was definitely some show :pac::pac: Parents away for two more weeks and I am just dying for them to come back so we can share the news...

Great news Antares, glad all is well! Such a relief hearing the heartbeat and seeing baby moving!

Fantastic news Antares! I'd say it was amazing to see your little dancer moving around so much. I'm sure it was very reassuring too.

We had our scan yesterday and I am over the moon! Our little one is measuring 9weeks 2 days, which is only 3 days out from my calculations so our due date will be May 25th! I am calling it our little dancer because he/ she literally did not stop moving the whole time. :D Even the sonographer said it was really active. Heart beat is 176bpm, which she said was a good strong one. There were tears when we heard it. It was honestly like the sound of a hundred galloping horses. I didn't realise how worried I was, and how much I was expecting the worst after last time, and it was such a sweet sound that I will never forget. I think we have a little diva on our hands - it was definitely some show :pac::pac: Parents away for two more weeks and I am just dying for them to come back so we can share the news...

Aahhh so amazing! Delighted for you, such a relief to get some reassurance. I've booked in for a scan Saturday afternoon! Just can't wait another 2 weeks for my 12 week one lol. Should be 10 weeks tomorrow

Orange369 wrote: »
    Aahhh so amazing! Delighted for you, such a relief to get some reassurance. I've booked in for a scan Saturday afternoon! Just can't wait another 2 weeks for my 12 week one lol. Should be 10 weeks tomorrow

Best of luck with it, will be thinking of you. It's good to get an exact idea of dates too :)

Best of luck with it, will be thinking of you. It's good to get an exact idea of dates too :)

Thanks so much! All good today with the scan! 10 weeks 1 day and baby measuring excatly that. Due 22nd of May.. How is everyone feeling?

Orange369 wrote: »
    Thanks so much! All good today with the scan! 10 weeks 1 day and baby measuring excatly that. Due 22nd of May.. How is everyone feeling?

Fantastic news! It's such a relief isn't it? It makes the whole thing so real!

Feeling a bit moody/ weepy of late. It's crept in where morning sickness left a vacancy. The joys. There is a lot going on lately at home etc and so it could just be that coupled with hormones, but also am aware of the risk of antenatal depression so keeping an eye on it. We all should just in case! It's not much talked about but is a very real risk.

Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying the bank holiday.

Fantastic news! It's such a relief isn't it? It makes the whole thing so real!

Feeling a bit moody/ weepy of late. It's crept in where morning sickness left a vacancy. The joys. There is a lot going on lately at home etc and so it could just be that coupled with hormones, but also am aware of the risk of antenatal depression so keeping an eye on it. We all should just in case! It's not much talked about but is a very real risk.

Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying the bank holiday.

Aww thank you! Yes it really is such a relief now I can't wait to get my bump again! Is this your 1st baby? I have a one year old so there will be 19 months between them!

100% about the mental health side of things, it is such a rollercoaster of emotions going on and the hormones dont help.

We made it "Facebook official" over the weekend as I am now 12 weeks
    I have been feeling quite sick but hadnt actually been sick until Sunday night.
    Im like seriously its meant to get better now not worse :D
    Hope everyone is keeping well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

dragonfly! wrote: »
    We made it "Facebook official" over the weekend as I am now 12 weeks
    I have been feeling quite sick but hadnt actually been sick until Sunday night.
    Im like seriously its meant to get better now not worse :D
    Hope everyone is keeping well!

So exciting when you start telling people! What’s your due date?

I’m due at the end of April but going by previous pregnancies I always go over. Last time was 13 days over!! So Not really sure which group to be in !!
    Anyone due their third baby??

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote: »
    So exciting when you start telling people! What’s your due date?

I’m due at the end of April but going by previous pregnancies I always go over. Last time was 13 days over!! So Not really sure which group to be in !!
    Anyone due their third baby??

It makes it so real
    Its always nice to have some good news to share as well.
    Im due the 8th May but I already have a noticeable bump :eek:
    1st pregnancy for me....

It makes it so real
    Its always nice to have some good news to share as well.
    Im due the 8th May but I already have a noticeable bump :eek:
    1st pregnancy for me....

I'm due May 10th. Had our 12 week scan privately on Sunday and the first maternity appointment in Pearse St Primary Care Clinic today where I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. So exciting!

We started telling people after the scan on Sunday and I'm going to tell work tomorrow. Looking forward to work knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Hi ladies, just over the 10 week mark now, so far all that knows is family and work. Meeting some friends later this week and tempted to tell them as won't be drinking etc and would be nice to share it. Have had 2 scans now and all is good plus its twins so big news!

Can I ask your opinions on what you would do? (a) go along, not drink, make up an excuse (b) pull out of the catch up and meet them the next time or (c) go along and tell them

Hi ladies, just over the 10 week mark now, so far all that knows is family and work. Meeting some friends later this week and tempted to tell them as won't be drinking etc and would be nice to share it. Have had 2 scans now and all is good plus its twins so big news!

Can I ask your opinions on what you would do? (a) go along, not drink, make up an excuse (b) pull out of the catch up and meet them the next time or (c) go along and tell them

Wow twins thats so exciting!
    I suppose it depends on how close you are to them.
    I mean God forbid but if anything were to happen would you be comfortable letting them know?
    If you would be then I think just tell them, if not then just say you arent drinking?
    If you are feeling well I wouldnt cancel.
    Life is short and you wont have much time afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Wow twins thats so exciting!
    I suppose it depends on how close you are to them.
    I mean God forbid but if anything were to happen would you be comfortable letting them know?
    If you would be then I think just tell them, if not then just say you arent drinking?
    If you are feeling well I wouldnt cancel.
    Life is short and you wont have much time afterwards :)

thank you! yes very exciting and have a toddler already so will be 3 under 3 if all goes to plan so will be busy and that's a fair point about not having much time after!!!
    Yes if anything happened I would be telling them, we're pretty close in fairness so might be as well to tell them and I would probably relax and enjoy the evening more too. Will be 10.5 weeks by the time we meet and hoping that after the 2 positive scans that things will work out, have to be hopeful!

Congrats Dragonfly! Its nice when everyone knows! Its seems like it would be easy to hide but it really isn't it!

What to do; twins very exciting!! Congrats! I wouldn't skip a night with friends if you are feeling up to it. I've told 2 friends already one that's been in the same boat as us ttc for awhile and my best friend at home who also knew we'd been struggling to conceive again. I had a girls dinner last week, i just ended up driving so no drinks, they might have copped but didn't say anything. I'd say see how you feel on the day, it might not even come up as such.

Still feeling very tried and more full on sick now not just the nausea, went on until 20wks last time, really hoping that's not the case again, as I just don't think I'd be able for work. Another scan tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well x

Wow twins :) My OH was hoping for twins but 9week scan showed one little bopper :P 3 under 3 - imagine how much fun next Christmas (and the ones after)will be! :):):)

If it were me I would tell people, but I have told my friends from day one. I don't agree with the "wait until 12 weeks" thing, because to me it just compounds the notion that women shouldn't talk about losses that happen before that. God forbid if something were to happen, it is important to have a support network. They might not notice the drinking or lack of - more people seem to be abstaining these days. Maybe take the car and say you are driving? Or detoxing? :pac:

Aaahh what to do999 huge congrats on twins!! Amazing news. I will have 2 under 2! I would tell your friends yeah its great news to share. We only have told close friends and immediate family and also my manager in work as I have my booking appointment on Monday and will be going into work late. So exciting 11 weeks tomorrow now for me! Roll on 12 week scan so we can just shout from the roof tops. Imagine our little babies next year getting into their 1st little Halloween costumes

Anyone with 2 under 2 or similar, recommendations for double buggy? I would highly recommend you 1st time Mammies to get a pram that converts to a a double as I was giving that advice and didn't take it now I wish I had!

Wanted to ask you ladies some advice. My OH is French, and his mother lives in France. She is delighted at the baby news, especially as he is an only boy. I'm thrilled and relieved she is happy, as we haven't told my parents yet and I am not sure how they will react! Anyway, he mentioned that she is planning to come over for "when the baby is born", which is May 25th hopefully. Initially, I was really happy that she is planning this - as a first time Dad, I think he will need his mam there for a week or two, and I am sure she will be a great support and great help as we adjust to being 3! I just have this little niggly feeling in the back of my mind, that I'll be coming home from hospital exhausted and with a tiny person that I am hoping to breastfeed and I will also have the worry of all that goes with hospitality - making sure bedroom prepared, meals provided etc. I just have a feeing it might be too much.

I don't have the heart to say it to him, and I am glad he will have the support of his mum, but I think it would be better if she came when the baby is a couple of weeks old? We also need time as a couple to get used to this new person and become a family of 3. I really don't want to sound mean spirited - she is a lovely woman and clearly has the best intentions. Any ideas how to approach this? He asked me when I want him to take paternity leave and I suggested while his mum is here so that he can look after her and spend time together etc.

• Advertisement

Wanted to ask you ladies some advice. My OH is French, and his mother lives in France. She is delighted at the baby news, especially as he is an only boy. I'm thrilled and relieved she is happy, as we haven't told my parents yet and I am not sure how they will react! Anyway, he mentioned that she is planning to come over for "when the baby is born", which is May 25th hopefully. Initially, I was really happy that she is planning this - as a first time Dad, I think he will need his mam there for a week or two, and I am sure she will be a great support and great help as we adjust to being 3! I just have this little niggly feeling in the back of my mind, that I'll be coming home from hospital exhausted and with a tiny person that I am hoping to breastfeed and I will also have the worry of all that goes with hospitality - making sure bedroom prepared, meals provided etc. I just have a feeing it might be too much.

I don't have the heart to say it to him, and I am glad he will have the support of his mum, but I think it would be better if she came when the baby is a couple of weeks old? We also need time as a couple to get used to this new person and become a family of 3. I really don't want to sound mean spirited - she is a lovely woman and clearly has the best intentions. Any ideas how to approach this? He asked me when I want him to take paternity leave and I suggested while his mum is here so that he can look after her and spend time together etc.

You will 100% need your OH to take paternity leave as soon as baby is born. My husband waited a week when our 1st was born and it was horrible him going off to work so tired and trying to do it all myself. To be honest I would tell the MIL that you need time to adjust before she comes, maybe when baby is 3 or so weeks. Sure imagine you end up having a section you will be recovering yourself and last thing you need is a visitor staying in your house. The amount of people wanting to visit is intense never mind them staying! And also you never know when baby might appear, it could be 2 weeks early or up to 2 weeks later so defo not a good idea for her to book flights just in case. It is hard though to approach if he is happy for it to happen but honestly you will want it to be just the 3 of you for at least 2 weeks to get a grip of it all. Hopefully your own parents will be supportive too

Advertisement